Home

Madden Developer Podcast

This is a discussion on Madden Developer Podcast within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Madden Developer Podcast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Link fixed. The other link stopped working, for some reason.
Not for me.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Give the DET adjustable sock hight
Old 11-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #35
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

It's nice to hear from Tiburon this early. I liked this podcast and look forward to the next in the series.

BUT... I have to say that I am getting tired of all this "Ratings Czar"-crap. Madden has some of the most unrealistic and in-transparent ratings of all sports games, yet they keep promotion themselves as a gurus. In that area I'd like to see Tiburon try a more humble approach and observe and learn from other developers, such as EA Canada.

Also I wondered why Ian claimed they were the sports game with the most number of players (around 7:50 into the podcast). EA flagship, FIFA 11, has 22 players on the field at the same time, just like Madden, and they have at least 12,000 players in the game. Madden has 2,000 tops.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2010, 05:10 PM   #36
Pro

OVR: 10

I forgot to say as well..

Should be interesting with the physics podcast. Right now Madden feels kinda stale and animations are hurting the gameplay I guess. So we'll see their thoughts on that, although I don't believe we'll get physics in M12.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #37
Rookie

Winnipeg59's Arena

OVR: 24

The link on page one of this thread is still producing a 410-Gone for me???
Is there another way to directly access this podcast (I would love to hear it)?

HC09 dynasty - Rebuilding the Raiders - "Russell Rulz"
Old 11-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #38
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm sure this won't be discussed, but I'd love to hear about the programming limitations or possibilities of including:

1. Proper zone blocking where the OLine actually moves and leads the RB.

2. Getting Strong and Weak side defensive players instead of just left and right (NT/DT in the 4-3, Strong and Weak OLBs in 4-3, Strong and Weak ILBs in 3-4, True SS and FS)
Old 11-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I'm sure this won't be discussed, but I'd love to hear about the programming limitations or possibilities of including:

2. Getting Strong and Weak side defensive players instead of just left and right (NT/DT in the 4-3, Strong and Weak OLBs in 4-3, Strong and Weak ILBs in 3-4, True SS and FS)
I doubt we'll get any of that.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:23 AM   #40
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20

We won't get zone blocking as long as the game doesn't have real physics. Without real physics, the OLine interaction is limited to two player animation. This means that as soon as an lineman interaction starts, the linemen will abandon their zone blocking scheme and get caught in stationary one-on-one animations.

I'm right up there with you on strong/weak side issue on the depth chart, but they should also allow for strong/weak side defensive ends (Haloti Ngata, for example, plays strong side DE, when not in the NT position, because of his size). Also bring in a jack (blitzing) linebacker position as the 4th linebacker in 3-4 defense.

And they could still make the current depth chart style available, if they could incorporate an option between a casual (left/right side) or an advanced (strong/weak side) depth chart.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »