Home

Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2011, 09:38 AM   #89
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 12 Hands-On Impressions (LeagueManager)

Question....

When they say "500 new cameras" this year, does that also take effect for pre-post play action or only for individual cutscenes?
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Thanks for the reply!

Honestly, I didnt think the commentary was good last year but more important to me is the gameday atmosphere. I want the crowd to sound like a real NFL crowd. It should "eb and flow" on a consistant basis and should react to every situation on the field appropriately. Could you imagine watching an NFL game on TV and having the crowd sound like it does in Madden currently? Haha

One more question about the crowds. Did the new 3D crowds have any effect on the look of the game? Did they stand out to you not just on cut scenes but also just seeing them in real-time when you score a touchdown and stuff?

Thanks for answering our questions!
To follow up on the stats question. What kind of stats are shown? In the beginning does it show the starting lineup with their faces and position? Does it show during the game which side of the field the QB throws the ball and his completion %? Does it show where the RB runs to? Does it show the CB's catches allowed throughout the game? Does it show QB hurries, pressures, and sacks? Or, is it basic like QB is 8-14 for 150 yards, RB 4 rushing attempts for 16 yards with a 4 YPC avg? Are any of the stats in sentence form? Thanks! Specifics would be appreciated.

Is defense man lock in the game, where the camera view is flipped like in NCAA 11?

Are there more kinds of penalties in the game called? Defensive holding, and are current penalties called more frequency and more realistically?

Is Jump the Snap in the game?

Last edited by at23steelers; 05-21-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:50 AM   #91
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
I don't understand what you mean. Please tell me where I am raining on someone's parade, and bashing the game? I have said not a single bad thing about the game in this thread. I have also been cautiously optimistic in my posts about the new additions, in other threads.

I think you guys are seeing something that isn't there.
Don't worry LT, this forums if full of people who think just because you question Madden or anything that's been said about it you are instantly "trolling". They banned my first account for doing exactly what you are doing. Just bringing up valid points in a mature manner for discussion. You aren't in here saying "oh EA sucks" or this and that. You are simply stating your opinions and asking real questions that nobody else will ask just as I was. Then people start attacking you and calling you a "troll" and you get banned and they do not. So I made another account and asked the mods, again very politely, for clarification as to why I was banned and why the people who attacked my post were not and you know the response I got back? Just a straight up ban again. No explanation no nothing.

My best adviCe to you LT, keep speaking you mind. If not, this board will be filled with even more people who don't respect somebody else's opinion just because it is not their own and they view it as negative.

Last edited by Texans80AJ1; 05-21-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #92
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScriptOhio
Sorry, the blog was to highlight additions that are important to me, for more indepth preview... see one of EA Tiburons blog's.
Mod said to give it a rest, you did not. BAN...ohhh wait, you have a blindly positive view of Madden...you'll be ok.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #93
Banned

Quote:
In all seriousness, NO! Lol have you seen some of threads on this site? To each their own I guess but good lord!
Yeap, you did it again...BAN....nope wait...you'll still be good. Forgot about the favortism on here.. my bad.
Old 05-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #94
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
They were also playing early builds, so any 'issues' that they could point out are pointless at this time. Give it a rest man. I never said they didn't have enough time to find any issues, what I did say, was that all they had time for was to look at all the new stuff and report on it. Not sit there and analyze every free agency move in the off-season or draft pick to see how it doesn't make sense for the AI to do that. When the game comes out on August 30th you will have 30 minutes to find all of your problems with the game and you can make a nice long post about it all you want. Or you can play the game for a few hours and enjoy all the new bells and whistles and see the progress that's being made.
The reason why Madden has ben subpar for YEARS right here. You're basically saying to just enjoy what we get and don't expect more even thought they are very much capable of it. Well EA either has the inability to make a better game or they don't try to. Neither of which is acceptable. But, I guess that's OK with you as long as you get your "bells and whistles" every year that never work correctly...
Old 05-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #95
Banned

Thinking Out Loud's Arena

Quote:
Let's be sure when you bring up the exclusive license you also bring up the fact that the other company was also offered that exclusive license but was not willing to pay the money. The ONLY group that has benefited from the license agreement is the NFL. The money EA had to pay for the license to continue making the game limits their budget as well.
Well just to clarify, I stated EA "obtained" the exclusive NFL license, not stole or illegally aquired it. So whatever the intricacies of them obtaining it were, the fact is, they GOT IT! LOL

Quote:
Also the creator of LM (Derek Adams) was invited down because of the ridiculous amount of work he was able to put in on his own initiative and out of his own pocket. He basically got the invite because he is a beast with coding and has done awesome stuff for the Madden 11 community.
I am definitely NOT trying to detract from any of the other various, well deserved reasons Derek, you or anybody else were invited to EA. All I meant was, IMO, that "ALSO" ( was that a freudian slip in your post?) boded well for online franchise being upgraded.

Micheal Jordan could be invited to a basketball camp for motivational speaking but I doubt he would leave without them getting some pointers about a fade away jump shot, as well.

Last edited by Thinking Out Loud; 05-21-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 AM   #96
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgiles36
I don't think what I said was a hard-to-understand concept, nor do I think it was pointless .

^^You didn't mention this was in reference to your own issues with Madden, nor did you imply that's what you were referring to. In fact, reading between the lines, you mentioned the amount of time you've been playing Madden to more or less suggest that it's had the same issues since then and you could find them all in a very short period of time.

My rebuttal to that is that you could find your own personal Madden issues within 30 mins (maybe). But again, you can't cover all of the bases in a hour, day, week, month or whatever. Once millions of gamers get their hands on it, it won't be long before a thread crops up saying, "The DTs are getting no sacks in past year 12 of franchise mode." That's what I meant by saying you can't find all of the issues within 30 mins. Individual players are so detailed in their desires that it's impossible for a community member to identify any or all issues with a capped amount of time with the game.

Perhaps some more context would've helped.
Moron,
Have you been on these boards when Madden comes out every year? It's the same damn thing over and over. This time of year everyone is sooooo excited about the new features. The blogs are all positive everything is sunshine and lolly pops. Then the game hits. For the first week it's the same everyone is happy. Then, as you get to the core of the game you find a laundry list of things that are broken, laughable or just downright pointless to be in a football game. Why do you think there is a "patches/glitches" thread every year? Why do you think there has been a "Wishlist" since the begining of time? Because it's only certain people with, as you put it "personal Madden issues"? No,its Because what they put out is crap. You think it just magically turned to crap after they reviewed it? NO! They are in EA's pocket or they just blindly love it orrrrr they don't know what they are talking about. Wait for September. Half of this stuff you're all SOOOOOOO excited for will not work right. Guaranteed!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »