Home

Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers

This is a discussion on Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 AM   #17
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylynner
Two things here:

1. It would really help if we could get some video of people playing the game who have any idea of how to play. Really hard to get a feeling for how it looks when dude is sprinting left and throwing right with Ben all day long.
Amen. This is the problem with most "professional" sites like IGN; the guys don't know how to play the game. Earlier it looked like the line was giving Roethlesberger a beautiful pocket and the guys still sprints out of it.

And you gotta love the delay of game at the 5 yard line after the big run.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 06-08-2011, 05:46 AM   #18
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
2:59 jump/spin and bullet right to RB across the field... ew
This is, unfortunately, not new in Madden. Madden 11 also had a different variety of an over-the-shoulder pass for receivers behind the QB, where the QB doesn't jump. It looks awful.

Madden needs to bring back some kind of vision element - maybe borrow FIFA's new vision map. There's no way any QB can be so accurate on a pass running away from the action with his back to the receiver.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:21 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
This is, unfortunately, not new in Madden. Madden 11 also had a different variety of an over-the-shoulder pass for receivers behind the QB, where the QB doesn't jump. It looks awful.

Madden needs to bring back some kind of vision element - maybe borrow FIFA's new vision map. There's no way any QB can be so accurate on a pass running away from the action with his back to the receiver.
One of the reasons I enjoyed the vision cone.

I remember the year that they took it out I was still pressing R2 to lock onto receivers thinking it was a "behind the scenes" thing still for quite some time before I realized it was removed
Old 06-08-2011, 06:29 AM   #20
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
There's no way any QB can be so accurate on a pass running away from the action with his back to the receiver.

not even in rookie mode?
Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #21
Observer

guaps's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
not even in rookie mode?
No, not even in rookie mode in my opinion. If people attempt this in rookie mode and realize that it doesn't work they will adapt and change their approach to the game.

For me, rookie mode is about giving unfamiliar players and youngsters more time to make decisions, ensuring that receivers get open, creating passing lanes the size of highways, and encouraging the users to understand the game of football. If you instead give people magical accuracy and other super powers then they'll never learn what works in football and what doesn't. And you end up making a game where you (the developer) are afraid to make significant changes to gameplay, because you aren't really teaching the users any basic elements of the game of football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I didn't have a problem with backing up out of the pocket on that play. It was a screen pass and he was trying to suck the dline up field. Fairly realistic.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:05 AM   #23
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

Screen plays still developing a little too quick. O-line should be holding their blocks for 3 seconds or so before letting the D-Line go.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #24
Observer

guaps's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I didn't have a problem with backing up out of the pocket on that play. It was a screen pass and he was trying to suck the dline up field. Fairly realistic.
Big Ben takes the snap, start sprinting away from the line of scrimmage with his back to the defenders, roughly 10-12 yards back he jumps while turning 180 degrees around himself and throws a perfect pass (still in the air) to a running back 15 yards away.

I cannot understand how that could ever be considered fairly realistic? The only realistic part is the snap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Screen plays still developing a little too quick. O-line should be holding their blocks for 3 seconds or so before letting the D-Line go.
Agreed. I think 2-3 seconds is the norm in the NFL.

Last edited by guaps; 06-08-2011 at 09:29 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »