Home

Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers

This is a discussion on Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2011, 09:34 AM   #25
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Gameplay - Steelers VS Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
No, not even in rookie mode in my opinion. If people attempt this in rookie mode and realize that it doesn't work they will adapt and change their approach to the game.

For me, rookie mode is about giving unfamiliar players and youngsters more time to make decisions, ensuring that receivers get open, creating passing lanes the size of highways, and encouraging the users to understand the game of football. If you instead give people magical accuracy and other super powers then they'll never learn what works in football and what doesn't. And you end up making a game where you (the developer) are afraid to make significant changes to gameplay, because you aren't really teaching the users any basic elements of the game of football.
i'm not sure I would look to a video game developer to teach me anything...just me though...i play video games to play.....i once thought like you...many moons ago....u can cry "wolf" all you want......end of the day u either hate or accept whats for dinner

your call
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 09:36 AM   #26
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
00:27 mark. Hate the WR "burst" to the ball....not nearly as bad as in years past though.
2:59 jump/spin and bullet right to RB across the field... ew

Don't know the setting etc.. being used though.

Still love how the game looks and can't wait to play.
That is not uncommon. A WR runs his route at a certain speed so he can cut properly, then when the ball is in the air, and its out in front he will speed up to get to it.

There is nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #27
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfat9
Screen plays still developing a little too quick. O-line should be holding their blocks for 3 seconds or so before letting the D-Line go.
3 seconds is way to long, if it was that easy to hold your block for three seconds. That would mean your line is owning the dee line.

A qb with 3 seconds of protection is in a great position. A screen you make contact and let the defensive lineman feel like he beat you. There is no 3 seconds to hold your block.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #28
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
i'm not sure I would look to a video game developer to teach me anything...just me though...i play video games to play.....i once thought like you...many moons ago....u can cry "wolf" all you want......end of the day u either hate or accept whats for dinner

your call
I also play video games for recreation, but that doesn't mean that I have to blindly accept everything that's thrown my way. I'm sorry if my comments turn your shine into rust, but I'm just not buying into the hype. And the fact that I'm pointing out it's unrealistic that Big Ben flies through the air while making accurate passes means that I'm crying "wolf"? ... I just don't get your Aesop reference here.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:50 AM   #29
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Big Ben takes the snap, start sprinting away from the line of scrimmage with his back to the defenders, roughly 10-12 yards back he jumps while turning 180 degrees around himself and throws a perfect pass (still in the air) to a running back 15 yards away.

I cannot understand how that could ever be considered fairly realistic? The only realistic part is the snap.

Agreed. I think 2-3 seconds is the norm in the NFL.
Maybe I am jaded since I watched Brett Favre do unrealistic things for too many years, including faking the jump pass on a regular basis. So he shouldn't have "sprinted" to the left. But rolling to the left to try to draw the defense to him isn't unrealistic. The 180 degree jump pass on target sucks. I put that on Madden being Madden.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
3 seconds is way to long, if it was that easy to hold your block for three seconds. That would mean your line is owning the dee line.

A qb with 3 seconds of protection is in a great position. A screen you make contact and let the defensive lineman feel like he beat you. There is no 3 seconds to hold your block.

Unless it's a quick pass, the NFL generally has a "3 sec rule". Get the QB in under 3 and you've got a sack a batted ball a hurry or whatever. Give him more than 3 seconds and he's picking you apart. Getting hit at 3 secs is not "great protection"...it's barely adequate. If he's getting 4-5 now we are talking really good pass blocking. Not at 3. On a run play, engaging for 3 seconds is excellent. Now mind you I'm not saying the Oline has to hold a pass block for 3 seconds. I'm talking from the snap of the ball. Contact on the Oline on pass plays is often .5 to 1 sec after the snap depending on stunts loops etc. In fact it's imperative that they NOT make contact immediately. THey have to get back and get their feet set to pass block effectively. That's why slow footed guys have trouble. The D line engages them too quickly and he can't get set.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 06-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
No, not even in rookie mode in my opinion. If people attempt this in rookie mode and realize that it doesn't work they will adapt and change their approach to the game.

For me, rookie mode is about giving unfamiliar players and youngsters more time to make decisions, ensuring that receivers get open, creating passing lanes the size of highways, and encouraging the users to understand the game of football. If you instead give people magical accuracy and other super powers then they'll never learn what works in football and what doesn't. And you end up making a game where you (the developer) are afraid to make significant changes to gameplay, because you aren't really teaching the users any basic elements of the game of football.

It simply doesn't work that way. IN Rookie mode the user's players abilities are all enhanced...except perhaps for speed, but even then I'm not sure. Blocks last longer, tackles are more sure, backs break more blocks, WR catch the ball more often etc. IF this play is in rookie mode I could understand. God help me if it's all madden or even all pro.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #32
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Maybe I am jaded since I watched Brett Favre do unrealistic things for too many years, including faking the jump pass on a regular basis. So he shouldn't have "sprinted" to the left. But rolling to the left to try to draw the defense to him isn't unrealistic. The 180 degree jump pass on target sucks. I put that on Madden being Madden.
Haha... yeah, Farve did many unbelievable things in his career, but I don't think anybody has ever pulled off a 180 degree jump pass. And yes, had he rolled out to the left and planted his feet before he throw it would be a completely different play. Problem is he didn't do that.

I really see the benefit in bringing in a sort of vision system that copies FIFA 12's new concept. What we know of FIFA's vision map system is that it's a system that makes players gain an overview over the field over time. Elite passers get an overview almost instantly, while worse passers need a few seconds to get the same overview. This would also work with the new Sense Pressure trait that Madden introduces. If the QB becomes "Trigger Happy" or "Paranoid" from constant defensive pressure, his vision of the field becomes impaired making him more likely to tuck and run or throw bad passes even though a receiver is open.

Last edited by guaps; 06-08-2011 at 11:32 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »