Home

Some players called by number, not name. Why?

This is a discussion on Some players called by number, not name. Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: LeGarrette Blount

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
Difference is that the Bucs are actually a good team. If Blount didn't have a good season, the Bucs still would've done good.

The Browns need Hillis. If Hillis had a bad season, the Browns would of been 0-16.

I like some ratings this year. They don't base it solely on stats but more on how they helped their team, the teams they faced, ect.
So by your logic Freeman should be a 95, huh? W/O him the Bucs would surely have been a 4-6 win team at best. Ridiculous argument. Blount should not be more than 4 points, give or take, behind Hillis if you are going solely of on field performance and not some outlandish, objective criteria.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #18
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: LeGarrette Blount

Let's make this the "Why aren't some names called?" thread.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Some players called by number, not name. Why?

The Seahawks entrance with Tavares Jackson and Sidney Rice they say the number instead of their names and it ruins the whole entrance experience for me with the Seahawks.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 7

They don't say Davone Bess or Cameron Wake's names either. They did last year. How could they screw something like this up?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:34 AM   #21
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

names as numbers.....smh at madden (ea)

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow. I'm surprised that you're all surprised that Madden's commentary is still horrendous. Is this your first Madden?

Commentary is perhaps Madden's most glaring weakness, when compared to the current industry standard. Tiburon devs even acknowledged this flaw, and yet decided that commentary wasn't going to be improved at all this year. Baby steps are cheaper, I guess. Plus commentary will be Madden 13's major selling point, so there's no point improving presentation and commentary in a single year, right? That would be too much innovation over a one year period. Gotta spread the franchise's improvements over several years to ensure steady sales.

But back on topic.. When EA (which is known for lack of innovation) states they're not improving their game's weakest element, you can't expect much from it. I honestly think EA expects most gamers to mute the commentary. And no, I'm not exaggerating.

In terms of sound, Madden is so far behind the rest of the industry that I don't think they can compete, or they would've done it already. It's like Madden's new and improved presentation, that still can't compare with other sports games. Tiburon needs to steal 2K Sports' sound department... and their presentation team... and their career mode designers... and their online designers... and their programmers... and testers...
Old 08-28-2011, 12:55 AM   #23
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think anyone is surprised by the poor commentary, it's more the shock that names that were in last years game are not in this years. The least they could do was take care of names. It's not like it's asking them to completely revamp the commentary. Or even if you aren't going to add any names, just don't take ones out that you already have in.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Old 08-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #24
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

It has got to be some sort of bug. There is zero reason why names that were in in the past aren't anymore besides it being a bug. I don't buy that EA took them out. It just would be such an incredibly pointless thing to do that it just boggles the mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »