Home

Some players called by number, not name. Why?

This is a discussion on Some players called by number, not name. Why? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-28-2011, 12:07 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 25
I turn off commentary before the 1st game anyway....its just too awful to listen to.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #42
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: LeGarrette Blount

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo911
Gus Johnson still calls Ochocinco, Johnson... /:
Not sure if anyone's pointed this out, but I could have sworn Chad Johnson changed his name back to Johnson. I know I heard that he was going to.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-28-2011, 12:32 PM   #43
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Some players called by number, not name. Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirborneRanger1
What? Every single player in the NFL as well as CPU generated rookies should all be INCLUDED in the commentary...... There really is no excuse for this, NBA2k has had everyone including CPU generated draft class player names in the commentary for at least the last two years.....

I could give some slack to EA if it was a third string kicker- but Blount, Tebow, and the Julio Jones screw up... I mean common EA how do you drop the ball on this stuff and thats only a couple of the players the commentary in general this year seems to be garbage.
Not defending Madden, because that is pretty sad about some of the kinda big names that they don't announce, but there's definitely some names in 2k games that aren't announced. They just did a good job because they have that system where you type in a few letters and it pops up with all the last names that they have on file, but if you put in a name that isn't on that list (some names are, some aren't), they won't be announced.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 08-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #44
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Anyone surprised? Maybe the dev's thought that if they half-assed the commentary this year then they can come back with a slight improvement over 11's commentary and be like "Wow, look at all the hard work and changes we made compared to Madden 12! We spent the majority of our time making the commentary passable and couldn't add anything else!"
Old 08-28-2011, 02:25 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't believe how the commentary is so poor. It's like they've done it on purpose so that next year the commentary can be their big hyped selling point.

In madden 08 with Al Michaels and John Madden, the commentary was much better even on the psp! Al would say what formation the offence was coming out in and there was chat back and forth with them. How can it 4 years down the line be so much worse?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #46
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Maybe it's only because I've played as the Chiefs, but it seems inconsistent. I've heard him call my rookie QB 13 and I've heard him call him Taylor. The numbers seem more frequent, but I also hear the real names. Almost wonder if this is a memory management thing, and depending on the stadium and other things going on in the game if the player specific names just aren't loaded so that they're available.
Old 08-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have to test some more but i just found that on 360 when the game is installed it wont say some names ...so i deleted it and BAM!!!! Tebow is said even in the entrance !!!! going to try and see if Locker works next !!!! I HOPE!!!!! btw i noticed this by seeing the games is only 4 something gigs installed maybe the rest is on disc being certain sound files
Old 08-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #48
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphisg
I have to test some more but i just found that on 360 when the game is installed it wont say some names ...so i deleted it and BAM!!!! Tebow is said even in the entrance !!!! going to try and see if Locker works next !!!! I HOPE!!!!! btw i noticed this by seeing the games is only 4 something gigs installed maybe the rest is on disc being certain sound files
Very interesting, can you report back your findings?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »