Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #897
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
So it looks like we can no longer update Madden each spring with roster moves (Trades, FA, etc) and draft picks.

That is one of my favorite things to do until the Next Madden comes out
dealbreaker, not buying another Madden until they fix this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
players with 1 speed? a snail would outpace him...

NFL players are top athletes, period, Donny doesn't do a perfect job, but pretty sure you'd do WORSE, if your logic is as unsound as your arguments.

"Stop giving so many players 90 plus speed."
if anything, not ENOUGH have 90 speed (i.e. Colts' Safety Bethea is an 88, should definitely be 90 or more, ran a 4.41 40 yarder)

What's broken is the OVERALL rating system, not the individual attributes, wayyy too many 90+ OVR players...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriolesFanRD
If only we all voted with our wallet. We as gamers need to shift the power back to the consumer. This total situation is garbage. I do admire those who find this as a good think though.
that's what I'm doing, boycotting EA... screw them, they've been getting my money since 1994, no more of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
To be honest, it is the Madden COMMUNITY that needs to send the message...by holding on to their cash
+++

Let the sales drop for the 6th straight year [ http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...ugh-years.html ] when stupid (IMHO) war games sell more and more each iteration, then maybe Madden devs will use some more common sense.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:06 PM   #898
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by caballero
+++

Let the sales drop for the 6th straight year [ http://www.thegamerslab.com/communit...ugh-years.html ] when stupid (IMHO) war games sell more and more each iteration, then maybe Madden devs will use some more common sense.
Yup, this is the least confrontational, most measured and most impactful way to get your point across. I've learned from recent EA football titles that the games are no good until the second patch, which drops in the late fall. There's always a major oversight or two or some serious tuning process that needs doing after the initial patch that makes starting a CC not quite worthwhile.

I don't know how the sales business works, especially in video games, but if gamers simply didn't buy the game until mid- to late-October, what would that say/do to EA Tiburon, the development team, and the marketing folks? I ask that genuinely.

I don't wish anyone ill, but I would really like to see what a consumer strike on the game would do. Our little community has to be a small fraction of the Madden-playing world, but even if OS folks held out a bit I bet it would get noticed.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #899
Rookie

GuideMe1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I know I've said this before and I'll say it again. Just give the user the option to turn anything you can edit it on or off. If people have issues policing their online experience it should never affect offline IMO.

Name-Numbers: On/Off
Weight-Height: On/Off
Equipment: On/Off
Attributes: On/Off

You build this once and you never have to deal with it again and people have the flexibility to play the game anyway they chose.
@ DNMHIII. I'm in 100% full agreement with you and I completely think that your idea would eliminate a whole lot of possible worry & frustration.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 PM   #900
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuideMe1
@ DNMHIII. I'm in 100% full agreement with you and I completely think that your idea would eliminate a whole lot of possible worry & frustration.
Right!

Offline and Online Franchise player editing options
Name-Numbers: On/Off
Weight-Height: On/Off
Equipment: On/Off
Attributes: On/Off

Offline and Online Franchise Custom Playbook options
On/Off

You then build a Custom Playbook Lobby for online and you've fixed all the reasons why you couldn't have editing and custom playbooks. It just seems so simple to eliminate these hurdles and excuses people use for saying they don't want things because they could be exploited.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 06-15-2012 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #901
MVP

This may be a dumb question,but can you still change gameplay difficulty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2012, 03:26 PM   #902
Banned

OVR: 10

Still no statement from any one at EA...cOuld mean they are working on it or we should stop holding out breath
Old 06-16-2012, 03:35 PM   #903
Hoos Rising

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooge 1010
This may be a dumb question,but can you still change gameplay difficulty?
Yes. You can change difficulty and apply custom slider settings to CCM regardless of online / offline / singleplayer / multiplayer.

You may also apply custom quarter lengths and customize accelerated clock runoff, if you wish to play with the accelerated clock.
Old 06-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #904
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Still no statement from any one at EA...cOuld mean they are working on it or we should stop holding out breath
EA's already stated its not gonna be in 13 so its just wishful thinking now that they would put it back in because they would probly have to rewrite the whole code for game to do that.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »