Home

Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:37 PM   #385
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: Madden NFL 13 Roster Editing Issue Rears Its Ugly Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeats
And that's what I'm talking about. I doubt more than 1% of gamers care about player rating editing. No doubt more than that care about editing their player's armbands or jersey number. And that's why the EA devs dare to remove editing from the game... because they know it won't affect their bottomline. Most Madden gamers don't care.
Are you reading the comments man?? How do you come up with 1%

And BTW even casual players visit youtube/twitter/forums too.

Lets look at it this way. Lets say you take all the people on Xbox 360. Now remove all the ones who don't have Xbox live gold. Now remove all those who don't have a high speed internet connection or connection at all. Do you know how many that really is? You may want to look it up. Much more then you think(even though you may disagree with anyone choosing not to have it). Now remove all the players who have Live Gold but prefer offline franchise,etc.

You online players are by far the minority. Not even close.

And do some of you really believe the casual players don't want to edit players? ...Is this based off because you don't?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #386
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Honestly, I doubt there's more than 1% of Madden gamers who even care about editing... other than cleats and armbands, lol. Again, the few dozen posters here on OS who are expressing their displeasure are part of a tiny, even insignificant minority. And Madden's devs are aware of that, which is why they would even risk taking out editing.
After some discussion, we agreed that Franchise mode is yours to control and that we needed to give you the ability to edit the ratings of any player in Franchise mode, whether they are veterans or the rookies you just imported from NCAA Football.

If you want some QB you imported to be an 85 overall because you won the Heisman with him, you’re welcome to edit him to be that high. It’s all up to you"
- Josh Looman EA Blog Madden 12

And I doubt that Looman would have said THIS if it were just 1%. Question is, why take it away from us?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #387
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
Ben said in the interview that they did look into it but realized they wouldn't be able to get in without major glitches in the time they had. I watched the interview myself I'm not sure what you're trying to say here
The exact thing you just said without the fluff... no way they could get it in the game and have it tuned in time for release.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #388
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Good grief man, it's called an opinion... just like you have an opinion that more people care about editing. I disagree with you. A few dozen posters on OS care obviously and may not buy the game. But past that, Madden sales will be in the millions as usual. It's not going to affect EA in any way, which is why they can risk removing editing. And they know that.
but my opinion is backed up with actual facts that's the difference
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #389
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
As a programmer myself, i think your probably pretty close to what i would guess as to why edited rosters and draft classes are not in CCM.

As for Josh.. meeting him several times and corresponding with him, the last word that comes to mind is arrogant. I think when you have to communicate with as many people as he does, it's difficult to make everyone feel important though and sometimes maybe it comes off that way.

I know he has expressed to me that he wants to add things the right way going forward with this CCM mode. Maybe that's driving the delay.
I just wonder if they unlock just equipment, names, and numbers, would it still cause a major bug. I hope the main issue is the rating edit and they can unlock the other things.

Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #390
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I have never played an offline franchise so am not going to sit here and say that the changes are no big deal. I understand how it is when a part of the game you enjoy is underwhelming at best. I play strictly online and in a league that I created a couple of years back. We have a great community of guys and it's very enjoyable. Our style of play could be considered a bit restrictive, but the guys in it love it because it makes the game much more realistic. However, as someone who is a harsh Madden critic, I will say that this CCM is actually the first time in 7 years I've seen this team really do something correctly. Now before you go crazy explaining that it's NOT correct because it took away the part you love, let me say that I understand that and it's completely warranted. However, for the longest time, this team has made horrid design decisions and even worse implementations that have made Madden a pretty terrible game. This time, they did the right thing from a development standpoint. They consolidated the modes and merged the offline/online experience. I think a lot of people misunderstand what is meant by "online". The first thing the franchise heads think of is playing a head to head game against a 12 year old cheeser. That's not at all what "online" really is. Everything today is "online", from your car to your bank account to your freezer. The reason you lost your ability to control the 32 teams is not because there was catering to the "online crowd". That's not at all correct and I realize it's an easy scapegoat. For too long this team has implemented things half assed and left us with a lot to be desired. I think Looman has decided that enough is enough and he is probably getting tired of the flack from football fans like me. While the gameplay is still incredibly sub par (yes, even with the physics this year), this mode is very well done (assuming it works correctly). Not putting in features if they are broken is something that they need to do more of. It's more frustrating when something exists but does not work correctly than it is if it is completely absent.

I would not expect anyone to be OK with the fact that their area of the game has been removed. I play online franchise and for years and years it was complete trash (especially since they had a fully functioning one on the PC years ago). Gameplay is still a mess with zig zag running and atrocious line play rendering my team's biggest strength a complete zero. How frustrating do you think that is to me? However, if you can try out this mode and see that it can blossom into something very special sooner rather than later, then I think you guys who play solo franchises will be pretty happy with it.
Didn't online franchise start with Madden 10? So, you been playing nfl football games for 2 years or just play with play it now games? Just curious. Thx
Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM   #391
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I think more than 1% will care if their 1st round draft pick OL has the #3.
Well like I said, a larger percentage of Madden gamers will care about the removal of armband and number editing, of course. But as far as editing player ratings, no.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2012, 12:41 PM   #392
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane

See that's where we're different. I don't want "RPG elements" in a FOOTBALL GAME. I want football. I'll play final fantasy or something if i want to "level up" my "character".

Happy Gaming.
You don't "LEVEL" up your players... you progress them, if you have a problem with it, then set it to CPU and it will be like it has always been, Do not understand what part of that people do not understand.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »