Home

Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Video: Playbooks 5 & 6: Connected Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
Which begs the question will we ever see the Create-A-Player like we had in the game ever again.....

If we don't, then you can forget about coming on here and getting updated Rosters after the FA/Draft to get you through the dog days of summer....

I don't know about anyone else but that brings down the value I place on the game.
Whilst that is a good point, I think the main thing EA were trying to accomplish was continuity of the franchise/superstar mode. I would bet that everyone on here plays 2 seasons tops, then starts a new one with updated rosters, and repeat. However with this new mode, it's hoping that most people will continue their franchise over 5+ years, which sort of gets rid of the need to continually update the rosters IMO.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #34
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by joloy29
which sort of gets rid of the need to continually update the rosters IMO.
It certainly makes sure you need to buy the next madden if you do want updated rosters after the final official EA roster...what are people to do between the last roster update and the release of the next game? What do they do when FA starts and the draft rolls around? Wait don't answer because I think I know how your going to reply...
Old 07-23-2012, 11:49 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
It certainly makes sure you need to buy the next madden if you do want updated rosters after the final official EA roster...what are people to do between the last roster update and the release of the next game? What do they do when FA starts and the draft rolls around? Wait don't answer because I think I know how your going to reply...
I'm personally hoping to be hooked into my own franchise with my mates that I won't care about any updated rosters/free agents - as I'll have my own free agents to sign! Maybe it's just me, but playing with a group of friends over a few different seasons is pretty exciting concept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #36
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
I'm personally hoping to be hooked into my own franchise with my mates that I won't care about any updated rosters/free agents - as I'll have my own free agents to sign! Maybe it's just me, but playing with a group of friends over a few different seasons is pretty exciting concept.
Quote:
Wait don't answer because I think I know how your going to reply...
guess you missed this part of my post.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
guess you missed this part of my post.
Saw it, thought I'd offer my opinion regardless
Old 07-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #38
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

lol, I normally don't try to be a phallus on here but this "whoa is me" about what's not in the FIRST year of CC has gone beyond a frivolous crescendo at this point, imo. They announced this stuff wasn't in on June 4th yet some people are still going on about it, for what, I just don't know. I am all for venting because Lord knows I do my share of it on here but C'mon people, lol.

Again, online franchise was BARREN of MOST offline franchise features for 3 years, yet I don't recall seeing as much wailing and gnashing of teeth about that even in year 3 as I have in a month and half over this. I must give the Mods credit for their restraint in not carding people for certainly not offering much if any constructive criticism at this point.

To all those that feel compelled to console or reason with those woefully grieving over the loss of features some apparently just can't enjoy Madden without, even if it only turns out to be for one year, I suggest you don't. There is likely nothing that can be stated that will comfort them, so it's best to just not engage them on this, while they are in this condition.

Now excuse me while I go into another thread and complain about the first year passing mechanic for the umpteenth time.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 AM   #39
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Whilst that is a good point, I think the main thing EA were trying to accomplish was continuity of the franchise/superstar mode. I would bet that everyone on here plays 2 seasons tops, then starts a new one with updated rosters, and repeat. However with this new mode, it's hoping that most people will continue their franchise over 5+ years, which sort of gets rid of the need to continually update the rosters IMO.
Wish I didn't care but Im like a crack addict when it comes to my control over rosters

I can play around with fake rosters for a while but I always want the most up to date set I can get my hands on and then rate them how I see it

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-24-2012, 12:14 AM   #40
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Seeing how you aren't getting Madden 13 anyways just wait until we get details of Madden 14 and hopefully they have editing back in.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »