Home

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #97
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Running Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyboy116
Run DMC Should Be Top Ten!!!
I like McCluster as much as anybody but he's no top ten back.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyboy116
Run DMC Should Be Top Ten!!!
He should be 90+ overall easily, but with like a 5 injury rating lol.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #99
Rookie

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 Overall

Wow most of you guys are unbelievable. For one I'm going to start saying that I am probably one of the few people on this forum that thinks EA stat systems are good enough.. They are not perfect, and i repeat ( Before everyone in the world that hates Donny Moore makes a smart *** comment that im not gonna give a **** about cause this is Online ) THEY ARE NOT PERFECT... But i disagree with most of you guys a lot on how you want the rating system to be.. First and foremost, i must say to anyone who thinks that they can create a better rating system, needs to SHUT THE **** UP!! Because anyone who at least as smart as i am would probably know by now that regardless of who is picked to do the ratings is probably going to get the same treatment because everyone has DIFFERENT OPINIONS about the players, so plz cut the crap people, its starting to get annoying...

Another thing i would like to talk about is everyone comments on wanting to separate the good from the Elite. Something I very much agree with.. I personally believe that the only rating in the game that can do that is the AWR system, which i think needs some work... All the players that have been posted in the Top ten running back deserves all of their ratings...

Everyone wants the seperation to come between the 90 OVR and the 80 OVR which is something that you cannot do, because if you do that then the players wont have any to fill in the stats that need to be filled in.. I Really dont feel like going into detail on that, im just hoping that most people will understand.. But i will give one example using a running back from my favorite team Michael Turner. The only way you get him down to a 85 is by taking down his trucking rating from the 97-99 OVER its going to be to a 87, and taking his AWR thats probably in the 90s to the lower 80s, which isnt logical because hes been one of the most consistent backs in the league. Im pretty sure u get were im coming from now.. Everyone wants him in the Mid 80s, but only the smart football people know that in the past four years hes 2ND in rushing yards and 2ND in rushing touchdowns.. Second only to Adrian Peterson who deserves to be at the top... MJD being 3RD in those categories which matters alot for this category... im perfectly fine with Mick Turner being at 91 because thats a rating he has EARNED year after year just like everyone else on this list has.

Then you have your all around backs in Forte, Shady, Foster, Rice, Gore, Charles, and Steve Jackson. FIRST of all I must say, EVERYONE thats complaining about a 3 point differential between these two needs to shut up and just get the **** out, because a 3 point difference doesnt chance the effective ness of these players. I wont bother arguing about were their rated because they ALL have proven to be Elite Backs.

#Forte- The most productive player on his team, can catch the ball, and running and make big plays. Check his numbers, Beautiful
#
Shady- One of the best elusive back in the league, compared to most by barry sanders because of his abilities to make plays missed. if you disagree tell these to experts who know the game and have said this AND look at his numbers, not to mention he can catch in the backfield. He hasnt gotten as many catches as others on this list but believe me, im sure he can. But i will be fair to say that if anything his catching rating should be the lowest on the list when the stats are release. i would give him a 80 which is fair.

#Frank Gore- Has been consistent all throughout his career and is definitely a back with big play ability. Hes numbers in the passing game have gone down over the years but his run game has been consistent. And i think with that being enough said his five 1000 yard season and his 4.6 career AVG is enough for me to have him in the 90's.

#Ray Rice - One of the best all around backs in the league along with Forte, Foster, and Mccoy. He is so versatile and is capable of doing everything a running back should be able to do and more. Catch, run, blk.

#Arian Foster- Has proved that he can be a consistent running back and pass catcher with back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons and 600 yard passing yards with 9 yard per catch AVG. i dont think i have to say much about him, hes balance, speed, power, blah blah.
#
Steven Jackson - Anyone that thinks he should be rated lower than an 90 is ****ing ********, he is a beast. SEVEN STRAIGHT 1000 yard rushing seasons, cmon guys, not to mention he has been on a pretty tarrible team for awhile now and is the ram all time leading rusher. He can catch, as he has shown early in his career. He hasn't done much of that lately but i still think it should be atleast a 76-80. a Great ball carrier and definitely a 3 down back. Hes definitely earned his spot in the 90's and anyone who TRULY knows football and isnt biased should know that too.

#Jamal Charles - This guy is one of the most explosive backs in the league and has proved with three seasons that he is a great running back with a record high in yards AVR per carry not to mention TWO 1000 yard seasons Averaging 6 yards a carry. Just because he got injured doesnt mean he dooesnt deserve to be in the 90's. NOW if he comes back and his stats go waaay down in productivity then thats when you should see a decline, as with anyone thats coming back from an Injury which is why people like Peyton and Peterson are still in the 90's

At the end of the day, If anything i Feel like the ratings are right were they should be. Rice and Shady belong ont he same rating level, they are both very versatile and consistent in both the running game and passing game. Riced more in the passing game but that doesnt mean he should automatically be rated higher. Forte, he is just as good. But of course Rice and Shady are higher because they got way more yards in the run game which is fair. Hes still a 93 which is beast in madden so any Forte Fans, plz stop complaining.

Everyone who feels like Turner and Jackson doesnt belong, SHUT UP!
Old 08-06-2012, 05:20 PM   #100
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanToniyo

#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall

Wow most of you guys are unbelievable. For one I'm going to start saying that I am probably one of the few people on this forum that thinks EA stat systems are good enough.. They are not perfect, and i repeat ( Before everyone in the world that hates Donny Moore makes a smart *** comment that im not gonna give a **** about cause this is Online ) THEY ARE NOT PERFECT... But i disagree with most of you guys a lot on how you want the rating system to be.. First and foremost, i must say to anyone who thinks that they can create a better rating system, needs to SHUT THE **** UP!! Because anyone who at least as smart as i am would probably know by now that regardless of who is picked to do the ratings is probably going to get the same treatment because everyone has DIFFERENT OPINIONS about the players, so plz cut the crap people, its starting to get annoying...

Another thing i would like to talk about is everyone comments on wanting to separate the good from the Elite. Something I very much agree with.. I personally believe that the only rating in the game that can do that is the AWR system, which i think needs some work... All the players that have been posted in the Top ten running back deserves all of their ratings...

Everyone wants the seperation to come between the 90 OVR and the 80 OVR which is something that you cannot do, because if you do that then the players wont have any to fill in the stats that need to be filled in.. I Really dont feel like going into detail on that, im just hoping that most people will understand.. But i will give one example using a running back from my favorite team Michael Turner. The only way you get him down to a 85 is by taking down his trucking rating from the 97-99 OVER its going to be to a 87, and taking his AWR thats probably in the 90s to the lower 80s, which isnt logical because hes been one of the most consistent backs in the league. Im pretty sure u get were im coming from now.. Everyone wants him in the Mid 80s, but only the smart football people know that in the past four years hes 2ND in rushing yards and 2ND in rushing touchdowns.. Second only to Adrian Peterson who deserves to be at the top... MJD being 3RD in those categories which matters alot for this category... im perfectly fine with Mick Turner being at 91 because thats a rating he has EARNED year after year just like everyone else on this list has.

Then you have your all around backs in Forte, Shady, Foster, Rice, Gore, Charles, and Steve Jackson. FIRST of all I must say, EVERYONE thats complaining about a 3 point differential between these two needs to shut up and just get the **** out, because a 3 point difference doesnt chance the effective ness of these players. I wont bother arguing about were their rated because they ALL have proven to be Elite Backs.

#Forte- The most productive player on his team, can catch the ball, and running and make big plays. Check his numbers, Beautiful
#
Shady- One of the best elusive back in the league, compared to most by barry sanders because of his abilities to make plays missed. if you disagree tell these to experts who know the game and have said this AND look at his numbers, not to mention he can catch in the backfield. He hasnt gotten as many catches as others on this list but believe me, im sure he can. But i will be fair to say that if anything his catching rating should be the lowest on the list when the stats are release. i would give him a 80 which is fair.

#Frank Gore- Has been consistent all throughout his career and is definitely a back with big play ability. Hes numbers in the passing game have gone down over the years but his run game has been consistent. And i think with that being enough said his five 1000 yard season and his 4.6 career AVG is enough for me to have him in the 90's.

#Ray Rice - One of the best all around backs in the league along with Forte, Foster, and Mccoy. He is so versatile and is capable of doing everything a running back should be able to do and more. Catch, run, blk.

#Arian Foster- Has proved that he can be a consistent running back and pass catcher with back to back 1000 yard rushing seasons and 600 yard passing yards with 9 yard per catch AVG. i dont think i have to say much about him, hes balance, speed, power, blah blah.
#
Steven Jackson - Anyone that thinks he should be rated lower than an 90 is ****ing ********, he is a beast. SEVEN STRAIGHT 1000 yard rushing seasons, cmon guys, not to mention he has been on a pretty tarrible team for awhile now and is the ram all time leading rusher. He can catch, as he has shown early in his career. He hasn't done much of that lately but i still think it should be atleast a 76-80. a Great ball carrier and definitely a 3 down back. Hes definitely earned his spot in the 90's and anyone who TRULY knows football and isnt biased should know that too.

#Jamal Charles - This guy is one of the most explosive backs in the league and has proved with three seasons that he is a great running back with a record high in yards AVR per carry not to mention TWO 1000 yard seasons Averaging 6 yards a carry. Just because he got injured doesnt mean he dooesnt deserve to be in the 90's. NOW if he comes back and his stats go waaay down in productivity then thats when you should see a decline, as with anyone thats coming back from an Injury which is why people like Peyton and Peterson are still in the 90's

At the end of the day, If anything i Feel like the ratings are right were they should be. Rice and Shady belong ont he same rating level, they are both very versatile and consistent in both the running game and passing game. Riced more in the passing game but that doesnt mean he should automatically be rated higher. Forte, he is just as good. But of course Rice and Shady are higher because they got way more yards in the run game which is fair. Hes still a 93 which is beast in madden so any Forte Fans, plz stop complaining.

They both have proved on the Consistent bases that they belong in the 90's
Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #101
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

There is just no consistency in these ratings. What is this based on? It seems like mainly last years performance. But Forte didn't even break 1k and Charles didn't even play. It seems like this list was made in 5 seconds. If its based on ability then Johnson should be higher, foster and turner should probably be lower. Fred Jackson and Darren McFadden were both on pace to be top 5 rushers before their injuries but Charles barely touches the field and he's top 10. Chris Johnson still broke 1,000 btw. Forte doesn't have the statistics to hang around the top 10. Theres no formula, direction, or consistency. It's just a bunch of popular names thrown together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #102
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

Quote:

#

#

Please, stop.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #103
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

Chris Johnson is in my top ten. Yes he had a poor season by his lofty standards though it was a blip on the radar. CJ2K will be back to his usual self in 2013 and make a mockery of this top ten list in my opinion.

Last edited by ImaGamer_OS; 08-06-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #104
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

Quote:

#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall

#

#

First, stop telling everyone to shut up. Second, read my post if you don't understand why these ratings are not put together well. You develop a formula. Either you are going by 100% 2011 stats, or 50% 2011 stats/30% ability/20% 2010 stats. Etc. there is no consistent basis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »