Home

INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI....

This is a discussion on INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #17
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: INT's, Ridiculous Stats and Cheating Comeback AI....

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamboat
Do you play MUT? thats the only time I play all-madden (cause I am forced to). Maybe its specific to the mode?
They normally don't actually run the route before the WR but since 2 man under plays inside technique by deafault they will see the WR turn his hips and react accordingly. They are watching the WR which is why you are able to back shoulder it to them as they don't see the ball.

If they play off coverage then they'll break on the route if its a shallow in much like they do in press coverage since again they play inside technique by default but if you run a 10-15 yard dig route then you'll be able to get the CB turned around as they turn their hips to run with a go about 10 yards downfield and that opens up many of the timing routes.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:54 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
They normally don't actually run the route before the WR but since 2 man under plays inside technique by deafault they will see the WR turn his hips and react accordingly. They are watching the WR which is why you are able to back shoulder it to them as they don't see the ball.

If they play off coverage then they'll break on the route if its a shallow in much like they do in press coverage since again they play inside technique by default but if you run a 10-15 yard dig route then you'll be able to get the CB turned around as they turn their hips to run with a go about 10 yards downfield and that opens up many of the timing routes.
The 10-15 yard dig routes are the routes I speak of. I don't run short in routes unless they are nearly straight across the LOS. I haven't seen many plays where the in routes are less then 10 yards.
Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Do you play MUT? thats the only time I play all-madden (cause I am forced to). Maybe its specific to the mode?
Never.. I only play franchise(CCM), or play now games..
Old 09-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
Pro

baller7345's Arena

Quote:
The 10-15 yard dig routes are the routes I speak of. I don't run short in routes unless they are nearly straight across the LOS. I haven't seen many plays where the in routes are less then 10 yards.
Then against off man coverage you should be able to turn around all but the best CBs since they have to commit to the 9 route at some point. Against 2 man under or simply press coverage that the player says to shade inside they aren't usually running the route before your WR but the moment he turns his hips on the route the CB reacts and since they are already inside they are in the perfect place to break up the play.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baller7345
Then against off man coverage you should be able to turn around all but the best CBs since they have to commit to the 9 route at some point. Against 2 man under or simply press coverage that the player says to shade inside they aren't usually running the route before your WR but the moment he turns his hips on the route the CB reacts and since they are already inside they are in the perfect place to break up the play.
So, what you are saying then is the route doesn't work in game how it does in real life. Because quite frankly what you are saying doesn't happen. I mean, even Safety's in man cut before my WR's do in the routes I am talking about on MUT All-Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 11:08 PM   #22
Rookie

As a Bills fan, I witnessed all sorts of glitches in week one when the JETS offense was UNSTOPPABLE! How realistic is that?!

Luckily, the Chiefs ran into the glitch where DL and LB could not tackle CJ Spiller today!

Old 09-16-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
Pro

baller7345's Arena

Quote:
So, what you are saying then is the route doesn't work in game how it does in real life. Because quite frankly what you are saying doesn't happen. I mean, even Safety's in man cut before my WR's do in the routes I am talking about on MUT All-Madden
I'm saying that the defenders simply don't make the mistakes in technique that real life defenders make. The dig route will beat press man coverage all day if your opponent shades outside but as long as they are playing the default inside technique they are going to undercut inside breaking routes like they are supposed to.

You can beat the inside technique if you find some digs that have some sort of hesitation step which pulls the inside technique a little outside or something else like that. Running dig routes off of switch concepts also helps you get inside the inside technique being played. However since Madden doesn't have bad coverage technique from their man defenders they never play it wrong so they are always where they are supposed to be.

This next bit is on how to attack 2 man under from Smart Football, you'll notice 10 yard dig routes aren't in there (those are suggested for cover 3).

1. Back routes on the linebackers
  2. create mismatches with the TE running option (“read”) routes
  3. stay shallow with routes, catch the ball short and run long
  4. crossing routes (“mesh”) with the wide receivers
  5. TE in the alley or fades to the wide receivers
  6. running plays
  7. use motion
Understanding Coverages and Attacking them with the Passing Game
Old 09-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #24
Rookie

kunner's Arena

OVR: 4

There has to be some sort of "Uber comeback" AI for the CPU. I mean, in my CC, the Eagles have somehow had 9 turnovers in the first 2 games, which is the most in the league, and have happened to win both games. Gotta be some sort of Vick code or something.
NCAA- Wisconsin Badgers
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »