Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #297
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
So, am I understanding this correctly? Because, if you edit an OL appearance, he then has a skinny arm graphic that the whole patch is a waste?

I just want to know if I'm understanding your complaints correctly. To me, since everyone seems to like to use food analogies, if you order a steak plate with a pretty piece of orange peel garnish and you get the steak and it tastes like crap, send it back, receive a really nice tasting, much better cooked steak, but the waitress didn't put the orange garnish back on the plate...is the steak ruined now? Or am I just reading too much into some of these stick arm complaints? (yes, yes, i KNOW, EA should do everything right, the first time, and or second time.)
It doesn't ruin the patch at all to me nor have I said that at all. It just sucks because it'd make it a lot easier to be able to switch Tacles and Guards around.

Oh well, I'm half way through simming my first season again and I know I'll be enjoying CCM in a short while.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #298
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #3 Available Now, Post Your Impressions (360, PS3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
I believe EA/Tiburon need to go get a copy of Front Page Sports: Football Pro '98 and examine how they did CPU play calling....Not only did they allow editing of the game plans and game profiles, but they had available not only down and distance to edit play calling by, but also time remaining in each half and the difference in score....

So, you could set you game plan to, if you were down by "x" amount of points in the last few minutes at any point in the game, you could set your game plan, pre-game, to totally abandon the run or greatly favor the pass if you so choosed....And of course if you were up by "x" amount within any time you choosed you could goto more running play calling.....

This was transfered to the default game plans and allowed the company Sierra/Dynamix to create realistic play styles for each team....

So what? ~14 years later and EA/Tiburon cannot replicate this into their game? That is very telling of this software company....

(The Front page Sports series originally came out in 1992, with the above feature, if I remember correctly, under the Sierra/Dynamix company, so that would be ~20 years ago, and EA/Tiburon still haven't caught up....)
This is and will be the best sports game in my Mind. I always said, FPS football wasn´t a game, it was a Simulation!

loved it.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #299
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
This is and will be the best sports game in my Mind. I always said, FPS football wasn´t a game, it was a Simulation!

loved it.
I'll have to check this out, not the first time I've heard about it. Is it a text based sim? PC I'm assuming?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:18 PM   #300
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

So All madden default is 50 for cpu and all 25 for user except BT and Catching? This apply also for Play now?

I´m wondering how this works with the 275 rule now.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #301
Banned

b22gamer's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
The Punt Glitch is still present on the PS3.
What is the "punt glitch" on PS3?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #302
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5

Servers are down right? It's not just me?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #303
Pro

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
I cant get on either, for last 2 hours since downloaded patch.
Old 10-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #304
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9mm
not just you and thanks for leading me into my question....

is it possible the servers are down so they can incorporate some of the changes people seem to not see online ccm as opposed to offline ccm or are the two totally unrelated?

signed,
noob

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »