Home

What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?

This is a discussion on What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title?
Only purchase M25 for PS3/360 67 25.57%
Only purchase M25 for PS4/720 78 29.77%
Purchase M25 for both PS3/360 and PS4/720 52 19.85%
Skip M25 all together 25 9.54%
Undecided 40 15.27%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #57
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

MAYBE get it for both the Xbox 360 and the new console.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 PM   #58
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What Will You Do IF The PS4/720 Are Announced To Have Madden 25 As A Launch Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Yes they have said it. I haven't spoken much on any of the stuff that has been released for 25 and NCAA 14 and I'm skeptical that if Madden 25 is exclusive for Xbox 720 in this first year then it is not going to be something that is much greater than what we will have on 360 and PS3.

Also, I'm sorta turned off because the no overhaul of OL/DL just showed me that they have no commitment to it on the current consoles and the excuse is probably going to be these systems are limited. But what will make me change my mind completely and not get the game this year is if they implement this run game feature and completely ignore the following on defense:

1) Primary Support/Force Player
2) Cutback
3) Secondary Support/Play Action Responsibility
4) Spill Player
5) Chase/Boot Action /Reverse

If I do not see some emphasis on these things I'm just completely done. Until they balance the game. Yet again, I quit playing football before draft time and have not had a big interest in it since the SB. Once these other games hit, it was easy for me to transition. That's why it is fitting that GTA and Spinter Cell Blacklist are coming out close to the time of Madden. If I don't like what I play on the season pass, then, no football for me this year.
I dont think these dudes even considered half of that, LOL.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Lol. I definitely feel where your coming from, but if we're looking at history why not also look at the PS2 launch? They certainly were prepared for that generation and honestly that generation is why people were looking forward to this current generation so much.
But you forget one missing and major detail about the PS2 launch....

There was no NFL exclusivity deal in place. There was competition. And to be honest the the first Madden on PS sold like 1.2 million copies. That's for the whole year. This year's Madden 13 sales? over 4 million. Most of the things that we will find wrong with Madden today and whatever Madden they put it year one on the new systems will all stem from there being no competition. EA Sports' Madden franchise today is not in the same boat it was in back in 2001.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #60
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I mean honestly LBz post really brought my hope down a bit, lol. These guys really have to change their development mindset for next gen. They have to consider all factos offensively AND defensively, implementation, and execution. Things that honestly they have lacked for a long time. I know, I know, doubled team size, new leadership, ect, but these guys really have to change they way they look at developing this game, and how they actually develop it. I mean things are looking up, but honestly we really have to see how much has changed. I'm not in the belief that you need competition to make a great game, but it certainly is nice for us as consumers to have options if something is not up to our standard. I just don't know if they have it in them to make a true sim style game.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 04-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #61
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

The more I learn about the videogame making world, and the more I learn about this Dev team/ NFL exclusive (dictations), the less I am interested in this monoply.

Look at the mo-cap thread. If they cant even get the moves to look right durring this process, then whats the point?

Tell me one thing this game does well? And don't start with "graphics" cause there are no tattoos and no mouthpieces. So if your going with "well what is on the field looks pretty, nevermind the omissions" then what the hell are we doing here?

I'm done with NFL gaming for now and it's gonna take competiion (ie the NFL not dictating features) for me to buy a new NFL game ever again. As of a while ago, I am strictly playing other football games. Mainly 2k5, Madden 07 Xbox, and Backbreaker.

/rant. Back to the shadows for me....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2013, 01:48 PM   #62
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
But you forget one missing and major detail about the PS2 launch....

There was no NFL exclusivity deal in place. There was competition. And to be honest the the first Madden on PS sold like 1.2 million copies. That's for the whole year. This year's Madden 13 sales? over 4 million. Most of the things that we will find wrong with Madden today and whatever Madden they put it year one on the new systems will all stem from there being no competition. EA Sports' Madden franchise today is not in the same boat it was in back in 2001.
My counter to this is the fact that EA has reportedly invested heavily in EA football for the new consoles and there would be no need for that, if the plan was status quo. They wouldn't need doubled game play teams, ghost teams and new acclaimed leadership, just to make EA football games look prettier for the new consoles, that would be a given. I think most of the investments that have been touted early on, were for the new consoles, not this gen of gaming and that's why, while improved, the current games don't reflect the majority of those investments.

I remember when Mike Wang was enticed away from Take Two to work for EA on NBA Live and even though that was not a complete start over from scratch operation, the effects of Mike Wang on the game that year were clear. Considering that Kolbe, Weber and others, got to come in early and start with a new engine to build Madden from the ground up, I just can't imagine the first Madden on the new consoles being anything other than a complete 180 from what we have experienced this gen.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #63
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
@BFD a 180 to what effect? Its a given the game will look better and run better due to the new console capacity.

I look at a complete turnaround from the perspective of what they (EA) will do to turnaround the game. That entails making the turn from less arcade to a more complete sim product; from a blatant disregard to getting the little things right to offering a sound, quality assured product.

I do not know how any one individual can speak to them making a complete turnaround on their end without citing their new team members as the signal indicator for renewed success.

*A complete turnaround for me would need to entail a complete turn around in respect to interactions, presentation, and overall delivery. If the game remains coded as is then we will continue to see the same deficiencies in penalties and physics.

I give an example here. If I played Madden 06 on an 06 pc gaming system versus one of todays pc gaming system, the game would certainly feel like a 180 and also look more visually stunning - its a given.

My point is: you need a 180 in the coding/blueprint to see a complete 180 in the product. How else can you see refined physics if it is not refined in the engine? Same for audio specs - you could have the most feature filled home theatre system but if your dvd does not support the highlighted home theatre features then what good is the system?

In the PC world DirectX dictates hardware rendering ( for Microsoft engines ) and is used on consoles too. You need the game to be coded to match the new capacities or at least have backward compayibility in the system for games that are not updated with the new directX.

It concerns me that some of you perceive it to be a good thing that nothing is changing in Madden's coding; something must change for the game to be able to even be rendered on the new directX platform - the two need compatibility.

*HOW well Mx utilizes the new DirectX capabilities of Xbox720, if at all, will determine in my eyes if they even make a turn.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 04-17-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #64
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

@hanzsomehanz, I mean 180 in this sense of a turnaround from the approach to emulating football and attention to detail. Again, if the intent for whomever has been in control over EA football this console gen was "more of the same" for new consoles, I can't imagine the need to bring in new talent. The could have just promoted from within, like they did for most of this console gen, with Ortiz to Cummings to Frazier to Young but they didn't. They brought in Kolbe from The Show, Weber from EA Canada and a host of other behind the scenes people, like programmers I presume, to work on EA football games for the new consoles.

All that said, anything is of course possible but that would seem to be a very expensive smoke screen, that would usually be left to marketing, not HR and R&D. The good thing about all this speculation is that, time will eventually tell how this all shakes out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »