Home

New Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, Feature Playbook Dates Revealed

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, Feature Playbook Dates Revealed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #113
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: New Madden NFL 25 Screenshot, Feature Playbook Dates Revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I agree, as long as I am not being forced to draft completely blind in some cases - in other words I should not have to "scout" combine/pro day numbers - you could make an argument for them being "variable" in their accuracy and I would be ok with that, but anybody with an internet connection can get every measurable from any pro-day and the combine so those numbers need to be "free".
This is where a "Mel Kiper's" or "Todd McShay's Big Board" would come in handy. You give us all the info on guys and then you have stories in the feed about whose stock has risen or fallen based on the combine. I wish they would get rid of the specific pick assessment's and just give them more vague round grades for prospects.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:23 AM   #114
Rookie

balljonesjr's Arena

OVR: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I don't like all the attention on CCM. I don't have Xbox Gold, so apparently I can't use CCM, even for solo play. I am presuming this means no love to offline Franchise - the only mode I play?
I have online on ps3 and 360 but I rarely play online so if it's all focused on online stuff I'm right with you

Anyway how about some comments on DB/WR interaction down field and line play
Old 04-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #115
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is where a "Mel Kiper's" or "Todd McShay's Big Board" would come in handy. You give us all the info on guys and then you have stories in the feed about whose stock has risen or fallen based on the combine. I wish they would get rid of the specific pick assessment's and just give them more vague round grades for prospects.
Good idea Deuce, it would also be nice if we could make our own "Big Board" so when it's our time to draft, our top ranked players are listed first.

Would you guys like to see team visits or phone calls in Madden like NCAA has? What about team dinners and ''wining and dining" FA's during the offseason?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2013, 11:50 AM   #116
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Good idea Deuce, it would also be nice if we could make our own "Big Board" so when it's our time to draft, our top ranked players are listed first.

Would you guys like to see team visits or phone calls in Madden like NCAA has? What about team dinners and ''wining and dining" FA's during the offseason?
I don't think I would. I never really liked it in NCAA. I think Free Agency still needs to be tweaked a little bit so that you can't always feel like you're going to get exactly who you want. Visits could potentially help on that front. If you made it something like you could only negotiate with a guy while he's visiting and you were only allotted a certain amount of visits per day, it could make things interesting as you would lose out on certain guys that visited one place and never left like you see IRL. Overall though, I'd rather leave the somewhat tedious stuff strictly to the draft and scouting.

And yeah, it would be awesome if that were the case. As it was last year I was breaking out paper and pen and writing all these guys down. It would be cool if they could have a Kiper, McShay, and Mayock big board that would all be different. Would make things interesting and would play well with the Twitter feed and storylines.

Last edited by DeuceDouglas; 04-23-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:58 AM   #117
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
I don't think I would. I never really liked it in NCAA. I think Free Agency still needs to be tweaked a little bit so that you can't always feel like you're going to get exactly who you want. Visits could potentially help on that front. If you made it something like you could only negotiate with a guy while he's visiting and you were only allotted a certain amount of visits per day, it could make things interesting as you would lose out on certain guys that visited one place and never left like you see IRL. Overall though, I'd rather leave the somewhat tedious stuff strictly to the draft and scouting.

And yeah, it would be awesome if that were the case. As it was last year I was breaking out paper and pen and writing all these guys down. It would be cool if they could have a Kiper, McShay, and Mayock big board that would all be different. Would make things interesting and would play well with the Twitter feed and storylines.
Speaking of which, hopefully they add fully dynamic Twitter feeds next year and it's not so predictable especially in the draft, I know fantasy draft Twitter feed was static due to it being patched but 25 should have all the Twitter stuff be dynamic so it stays fresh for as long as possible.

Would be awesome to see something like (McShay, Kiper) "Buffalo has traded up with Philadelphia, could they be thinking QB here with Geno Smith or maybe DE with Ziggy Ansah"?
Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #118
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Speaking of which, hopefully they add fully dynamic Twitter feeds next year and it's not so predictable especially in the draft, I know fantasy draft Twitter feed was static due to it being patched but 25 should have all the Twitter stuff be dynamic so it stays fresh for as long as possible.

Would be awesome to see something like (McShay, Kiper) "Buffalo has traded up with Philadelphia, could they be thinking QB here with Geno Smith or maybe DE with Ziggy Ansah"?
Definitely, or at the very least, limit the tweets to specific people so different people aren't saying the exact same things over time. Throw in a bunch of variations of saying the same thing so that it is more organic and less bot-like.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #119
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I guess I understand the interest in an Owners aspect, I can really get into the premise of using actually owners to add personality to each team. However, I wonder at what expense, meaning what else that needed to be addressed, wasn't, to add this. Again, I like the premise but I imagine it will be overdone, while things like multiple simultaneous injuries, team chemistry and dynamic player negotiations will be lacking.

I would guess owner mode is essentially their way of adding back 32 team control, which is a good thing. I just hope that didn't take away focus from addressing some next-gen legacy issues that continue to diminish the NFL immersion in team management.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #120
MVP

Danimal's Arena

All it will take is a true coach mode like HC for me to buy. If I can just call plays without touching a stick and watch them unfold I'm in.

However based on last years less than accurate information I will be waiting for a user to confirm this is in the right way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »