Home

Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #41
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
oh and i also forgot to ask if there are going to be chip blocks? Like the blue routes that we have now for TEs and RBs... They should chip the DE or LB before they run their flat or whatever. I believe the RBs just stand in the backfield for a second. I also think the TEs should be able to swim past the guy they are blocking (letting him go) instead of being stuck and not running their route.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #42
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Gameplay Roundtable (UTC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
The running game has never been the biggest problem in the next generation of Madden Games. It's been the people who never throw a pass further than 5 yards and can stay in a game. If you play someone who really knows how to play Madden. Far as reading passing windows and not looking to throw a screen or a crossing route all game. It's a great game.

The problem is that you can actually be successful at the game never having to throw further than 5 yards.

That's the BS that ruins the game online. If you can't read a passing window you shouldn't be allowed to be able to move the ball. That's the NFL.

Imagine Jimmy Clausen being successful in the NFL. Well you can basically do the only thing he can do and be in a game in Madden.

I have played people that only throw crossing routes and screen passes. . That's what makes the game suck. I would love for them to bring the passing window back but since most Madden players online have no idea how to maneuver safeties and only are looking to throw 5 yard passes. They would stop buying the game.
Some of the short passing game effectiveness is directly tied to a really terrible decision that was made by EA when Ian Cummings was lead developer. That was to "water down" adaptive AI. Likely the dumbest move EA made ever in regard to game play.
Well, that and the terrible zone play make the short passing game overtly successful as the defense plays terrible in zone and never adjusts to repeated "strategies".

It feels like EA is making a concerted effort to make amends for these poor choices, but we are still waiting for features from legacy gen and I think it is directly related to those years where EA relied far too heavily on the tourney crowd for feedback. Thus they set the game back years and years - same with "grass graphics junkies" who got what they wanted - I can now pick out individual blades of grass, which adds absolutely zero to the experience. Really, I never notice the dang grass in actual NFL games, so why do I care about seeing "individual blades" in my dang video game.

But hey, thanks for the great graphics - you know I would rather have "signature running styles" and "signature throwing motions/drop backs" but thanks for the great grass it really makes it better when I am watching 22 players who run exactly the same way...

And for the record I want both great graphics and game play, but its a game not a painting and game play should always be first and foremost - if one or the other has to suffer - then graphics be blanked!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »