Home

Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-29-2013, 09:58 AM   #57
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
How far does it go though? Any personnel group can line up in any formation IRL. What are the limitations in Madden, if any? Can base personnel line up in a 3-WR look (HB/FB split-out)?

What determines the personnel grouping in the huddle? Are we selecting it or is it based on formation like it's always been?
No, that's what it is preventing. 3 WR plays can only be audible to other 3 WR plays, base personnel can only audible to base personnel plays, 5 DB plays can only audible to other 5 DB plays, etc.

To clarify further, if there is a play in a playbook that has the HB/FB/TE split-out by default and lists that player in the personnel, ie 2WR 2RB 1TE, then that play can be audible to. We can not however audible from a 2WR 1RB 2TE play to a base personnel play, where one RB would lineup as a TE.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 05-29-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #58
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Got it. That's too bad. Hopefully they'll separate formations from personnel in the future.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #59
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Got it. That's too bad. Hopefully they'll separate formations from personnel in the future.
I think I got into a similar discussion, disagreement, with Senator Palmer awhile back, so could you expound on what you are referring to more. I know you have wanted tiered play calling on defense for sometime but what exactly would separating personnel from formations entail and what would it accomplish in-game? I am interested in understanding this premise more and how it translates into the video game.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 25 - Formation Audibles (UPDATED)

I'm glad you can only audible to sets that match what you have on the field. Meaning, WRs can't play RB and TE.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:03 AM   #61
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I think I got into a similar discussion, disagreement, with Senator Palmer awhile back, so could you expound on what you are referring to more. I know you have wanted tiered play calling on defense for sometime but what exactly would separating personnel from formations entail and what would it accomplish in-game? I am interested in understanding this premise more and how it translates into the video game.
Any personnel can line up in any formation.

Base personnel, 3 WR look with the RB lined up in the slot, for example.

2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB in a 3 WR look with a TE split out; in a 4 WR look with both TEs split or TE & RB split; in a base I-form look with TE at FB.

Coaches don't call formations to determine personnel. They call for specific personnel, then formation. Versatile players line up all over the place. I know online folks hate seeing players line up in unexpected places, but that's football. I'd like to see it in Madden.

As it is, if Madden doesn't have the formation/personnel combo you want, you have to use formation subs, which sucks because you have to edit every time you want different personnel for that formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #62
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB in a 3 WR look with a TE split out; in a 4 WR look with both TEs split or TE & RB split; in a base I-form look with TE at FB.

Coaches don't call formations to determine personnel. They call for specific personnel, then formation. Versatile players line up all over the place. I know online folks hate seeing players line up in unexpected places, but that's football. I'd like to see it in Madden.

As it is, if Madden doesn't have the formation/personnel combo you want, you have to use formation subs, which sucks because you have to edit every time you want different personnel for that formation.
They are trying to eliminate things like people lining up a WR in the TE position or where Mike Wallace is in the backfield. That happens in previous Madden's, but not in M25. Stuff like that doesn't happen in the NFL.

Last edited by jpdavis82; 05-29-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #63
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

I will disagree. What is football, is the knowledge that Michael Turner will not be a threat when split out wide and that your CBs will automatically line up on the WRs. As it is, CBs line up on Michael Turner leaving a LB on a WR... That is broken.

This is a way of remedying that because its apparent that the devs can't make them line up correctly.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #64
MVP

BezO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They are trying to eliminate things like people lining up a WR in the TE position or where Mike Wallace is in the backfield. That happens in previous Madden's, but not anymore. Stuff like that doesn't happen in the NFL.
I watch different games than some of you all. In the games I watch, TEs like Hernandez line up at WR/slot quite often. RBs like Bush line up at WR. Teams put RBs at QB. I can't recall a name right now, but I've seen WRs in the backfield just this past year. Jerry Rice used to do it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I will disagree. What is football, is the knowledge that Michael Turner will not be a threat when split out wide and that your CBs will automatically line up on the WRs. As it is, CBs line up on Michael Turner leaving a LB on a WR... That is broken.

This is a way of remedying that because its apparent that the devs can't make them line up correctly.
OS/EA at it's finest. Fix problems by limitation.

No, Turner will not be a threat split out. And there are circumstances where a CB will line up over a split out RB/TE.

But let's keep asking for & celebrating the implementation of band-aids.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »