Home

Two More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots

This is a discussion on Two More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #57
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: 2 More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Some of us just care more about Gameplay than a shiny helmet. I couldn't give two ****s if Madden came out and it was our old Vikings Helmet Decal. Why? Because it's a helmet.

If my lineman can't block properly, or my running backs are getting *** tackled by my lineman every single play, that's something to bitch about. Not "Oh, the helmet isn't shiny, wah".
SMH... some of us DO care about game play, and when there is only one game on the market and multiple errors keep happening year after year, then we are going to point them out.

Yes, we all want a perfect football game with great physics, intelligent AI, ratings that actually mean something and a game that is one we can get totally immersed in, be challenged with and have fun with. And having correct uniform's is PART of that process.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #58
Formerly simon48xbox

The_Balm's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Two More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots

I do understand the helmet color thing, it's just so low on my priority list and I never understood why it's so important to people over other graphical detail issues like not having mouth guards or some of the players faces being completely off.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #59
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Some of us just care more about Gameplay than a shiny helmet. I couldn't give two ****s if Madden came out and it was our old Vikings Helmet Decal. Why? Because it's a helmet.

If my lineman can't block properly, or my running backs are getting *** tackled by my lineman every single play, that's something to bitch about. Not "Oh, the helmet isn't shiny, wah".
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMBrown
I totally agree with this. I wish the folks who go all in about jersey color being off or some team having the wrong color strings for their cleats would be that adamant about gameplay fixes.
(1) Getting a HELMET COLOR right is a lot more serious than getting a shoe string right. Congrats on your logical fallacy of false equivalence.

(2) The issue of getting the uniforms right is about the only NFL game LOOKING like the NFL. Physics and realistic football is important, but I'm an NFL fan BEFORE I'm a football in general fan. You might be different. But for me, getting the NFL right is THE most important thing. It has to FEEL like the NFL, LOOK like the NFL, and PLAY like the NFL. All three are EQUALLY important to me.

You have a different opinion. I respect that. The NFL's look and feel is not as important to you as it is to me. That doesn't mean that my desire to actually have my freaking team represented even HALF as well as some of the other ones isn't a legitimate concern. But what you fail to realize is that it ISN'T an issue that would require the vast amount of man power to fix as the engine itself, and not only that, it ISN'T EVEN THE SAME PEOPLE working on it. That means spending the time on fixing the art WILL NOT effect IN ANY WAY time spent on fixing the engine.

But what gets me here is that you belittle concerns about this NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE game not looking like the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. Go play Back Breaker or All Pro Football 2k8 if representing the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE isn't a big deal to you. But me, I want the ONLY NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE game to actually look like the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan
That's the thing that's going to make you buy or not buy Madden?

Madden is supposed to be an NFL game, no?

Then I expect it to look like the NFL. If I want a football physics show case without respect for the way the NFL looks and feels, I'll play back breaker.

But yes, yes it IS deal breaker, because it's been a problem for more than a decade. I want the ONLY NFL game around to represent my favorite team the way they look like in real life. No, I'm not asking for photo realism. But do you know what the 49ers name is? It's about GOLD prospectors. To not have a GOLD helmet is like not putting a bird on the Falcons helmet. It's the team's very identity. That's not some shoelace issue. It's the single most important facet of the 49ers look. It's team defining. And it's not there in Madden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I totally understand his frustration. It may seem to some a silly reason to not buy the game, but when your favorite team is continually ignored - or at least not perfectly represented - yeah, it can be frustrating.

The Saints, Cowboys and Raiders all have the same problem. All these years later and EA still can't make gold or silver shine. That's just sad.

And here's some more photos to go by:

And anybody that can't see a difference is just blind...
Thanks, but what gets me most infuriated is that it ISN'T EA that can't do it. NCAA did metallic helmets just this past year. The college game has it. Why doesn't the NFL game?

Last edited by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞; 06-14-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:37 AM   #60
Banned

californ14's Arena

Re: 2 More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots

Quote:

It's simple, and thus I'll try to make it just as simple for you to understand....EA Tiburon has people who work on game play, and then they have other people who work on things like uniforms; thus, in this case, TWO different departments working on different areas of the game...Follow so far? Good...

Those of us you may see here complaining about helmet colors and "shine" are also in other threads complaining about OL/DL interactions and zone coverages, for example; it is called, MULTI-TASKING....No need to have an ALL or NOTHING approach to these things....

There is a person or persons working on things like uniforms; that is what they do, regardless of what is going on with game play; thus they are not being distracted by having to do uniforms, that is their job; and while they are doing their job, the least they can do is do it correctly, comprehend? Good.

Those who work on game play should do that correctly too. Maybe with the next-gen we can see more improvements in gameplay; they sure as hell cannot say they do not have enough memory or processor speed at this point....

In case you didn't notice there, bob, EA did fix the issue with RB's hitting their own linemen and getting butt tackled; EA also adjusted all the run blocking assignments on each run play. EA made adjustments to DL play and zone play. No one is ignoring the game play over uniforms....I for one place game play at the top of the list....Uniforms are close behind because they represent the visible quality of the game, like a great paint job on a car or house shows off the most visible part of the object...

Last edited by californ14; 06-14-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:43 AM   #61
Banned

californ14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
I do understand the helmet color thing, it's just so low on my priority list and I never understood why it's so important to people over other graphical detail issues like not having mouth guards or some of the players faces being completely off.
Look at it this way - you will see a team's uniform more than you will see a player's face. As for mouth guards, I never see a mouth guard unless it is half sticking out of a player's mouth or stuck between a player's face mask and helmet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #62
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
(1) Getting a HELMET COLOR right is a lot more serious than getting a shoe string right. Congrats on your logical fallacy of false equivalence.
I couldn't two ****s about shoe laces.

Congrats on your lack of a sense of humor.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 AM   #63
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I couldn't two ****s about shoe laces.

Congrats on your lack of a sense of humor.
Sorry, but after so many years of seeing my favorite team's uniforms butchered over and over again, it just isn't funny anymore. Not the least bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »