Home

Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

This is a discussion on Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 10:51 PM   #25
Rookie

Valhalla's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 25 How's Your CFM Going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
I'm doing a Lions CFM in the Dynasty HQ section. Currently we're 1-1, but I've really been struggling with Stafford. I've thrown 7 interceptions this year, but I've only run the ball 15 times this year. Johnny Football is the Number 1 draft prospect.
You should run the ball more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Only running the ball 15 times is most likely why you've thrown so many INTs.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 PM   #27
Rookie

drk3351's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How is your CFM going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaponz248
Starting out as HC for the Green Bay Packers! Ill stay HC till Rodgers has 1 year left on his contract. At that point Ill retire and become an owner. Not sure which team but it might be the bills or raiders. I got four years till that happens.

Anyway, I created my own playbooks for use in game. Defense is a 3-4. My offense I run a Single-back set. I have Pistol and Single-back formations and Shotgun. Also have I form and split back for random use.

So we went 4-0 in the preseason. Here is a list of presason cuts we made to get to a 53 man roster
Spoiler

We signed WR Brandon Banks to a 1 year deal from Free agency. He will be our 7th WR and our primary KR/PR.

So week 1 opening day. With visit the 49ers in a rematch from last years playoff game. Our defense would come up huge in this game. We sacked Kapernick 4 times and picked him off another 4 times. Aaron Rodgers had 5 TDs and Lacy ran for 114 yards and 1 TD in a blow out win, 52-3.

UP next the Redskin visit Wisconsin. This one was a bit closer. Franklin and Lacy combined for 111 yards and Rodgers was a bit off with 2 INTs but the Pack still held on and won 38-23.

Up next we got a few trade offers for some players. We traded Alex Green to Tampa for a 2014 6th and 7th round pick. Also we traded Kuhn to Atlanta for a 2014 5th, 6th, and 7th round pick. We then signed FB Spencer ware and HB Brandon Jacobs to 1 years deals. The reasoning is I wanted to put Jacobs at FB since I dont use a FB that much and when I do its to run with the F or put him out for a pass. Little did I know I cant change a HB to a FB until the off season so we signed Ware to satisfy the FB requirement.

Also Kuhn was in his final year of his contract and at 30 years old I figured I would send him to a team that would use him. The possibility exists for me to pick him up in the off-season if he is a FA.

So up next week 3 action. Time to visit the Bengals. Not much in the way of stats fr either team but the Packers managed to score 31 points and win 31-7.

UP next week 4,A bye week! So we took this time to look at re-signing players. We offer Jermichael Finley a contract the week prior and he declined so....I put him on the trade block. The Broncos expressed interest and we made a deal. We got a 2014 3rd and 7th round pick. SO now in need of a TE I signed Free Agent Andrew Quarless, yep the same guy I cut in preseason!

Also we submitted contract offers to the folowing players:

DT R. Pickett
LE M. Neal
WR J.Jones
SS M.D. Jennings
LE B.J. Raji
FS M. Burnett
RE C.J. Wilson

So up next week 5 as we host the Lions. Horrible day for Rodgers as he threw 3 INTs and only 2 TDs. Lacy would run for 134 yards and a TD. Rodgers and Franklin would add a rushing TD each as the Packers survived 35-21.

On to week 6 and a trip to Baltimore, but first an injury update. KR/PR B Banks is out for 7 weeks with a Ruptured Disk in his back. Earliest return is week 13.

The Ravens proved to be very good against the run and almost good enough against the pass. A low scoring defensive battle which saw the Packers come out on top 21-7.

Week 7 saw the browns come to town and leave town with a loss. THe Packers won 24-10.

Week 8 was a trip to Minnesota for a Sunday night game against the Vikings. Lacy out rushed Peterson 139 yards to 87 and the Pack would win 20-13!

Week 9 was up next but first so re-signing news. We resigned RE C.J Wilson to a 5 12.5 mil contract. Also FS M Burnett accepted a 5 year 8.99 mil contract. LE M. Neal and DT R.Pickett denied several offers so we have cut talks and will let them go in the off season.

On to the big game, A Monday night show down between bitter rivals Bears Packers! SO i turned out to be Bear season in Green Bay as the Packers killed the Bears 52-0!! 315 yards and 5 TDs from Rodgers and 111 yards and 1 TD from Lacy.

UP next week 10, LE B.J Raji notified the team that he accepted the contract offer of 6 years for 33 mil. and SS M.D Jennings signed his 4 year 4.52 mil offer.

UP next the Eagles visit Lambeau. This was a weird game. Eagles revived the opening kick and had the ball all of the 1st quarter and scored a bout a minute into the 2nd quarter. Eagles would score 17 points in the 2nd quarter and we managed 3 at the end of the quarter. At half time we had the ball for 1 minute and 43 seconds out of the possible 14 minutes. second half went a bit better. we managed to score 21 points in the 4th and win it 31-28. we ended the game with 7 minutes off possession. Huge scare but we came back from 17 down to win.

UP next the New York Giants. We ran through them and easily won 31-10.

WR J.Jones also resigned with us to the tune of a 6 year 19.5 mil contract.

So as we enter week 12 the Packers are 10-0 and in first place in the division and conference.

So up next for the Packers:

VS Vikings
AT Lions
VS Falcons

Sorry for the long post, had 12 weeks to get into it lol.
raise your sliders bro
Old 08-30-2013, 12:06 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Entering week 4 with the Ravens and true to real life Flacco and the offense has been very inconsistent.

Torrey Smith broke his thumb in the preseason and missed the first 3 games. Maybe I should not have cut David Reed and Tandon Doss. Now Deonte Thompson is my slot WR. Oops. But I did sign Jabar Gafney.

Week 1 lost 13-10 = One of my worst games ever and yet one of the most enjoyable. Bad news I threw 5 (!!) ints. But 2 of them were not my fault. On one Thompson was open deep and had 5 yards on his defender, so I threw it...only to watch as the ball bounced off his hands and the CB caught it. The other was an option route where Mellette should have broke off on the curl...instead he ran the streak. No one better tell me ratings don't matter. Playing against Peyton is just awesome though. Really need to pay attention on defense every play. I kept it close by limiting him to FGs. Also sacked him 5 times. He was injured early only to return later and I promise you he was different. Getting to the QB really matters this year.

Week 2, won 34-3. Flacco destroyed the Browns defense. 3 TDs 0 ints. All round excellent game.

Week 3, Lost 28-7. Baltimore supposedly has "hardcore" fans but apparently a little rain is enough to keep a quarter of the fans at home. Anyway, bad Flacco showed up. 10/24 124 yrds 1 int. Rice had 15 carries for whopping 55 yrds. Foster had a 67 yrd TD but on the day he went 26 carries for 156 yrds. Andre was a problem. 7 catches 96 yrds and 2 TDs. Oh and Pitta broke his jaw.

Before starting my franchise I lowered Flacco's consistency to one thinking that was more realistic. I regret doing that now lol.

Anyway, Torrey returns for my week 4 matchup vs the Bills so hopefully my offense can get on track
Old 08-30-2013, 02:38 AM   #29
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

So CPU jags decided to move to Austin. I simmed the last two games of the pre season due to experiencing some stupid glitches/bugs.

I am now 2-0 with the Oilers. Both home games, both come from behind wins late in the fourth. My rookie QB is tearing it up so far. 5 tds and 2 int in the first two games. 512 yards. Chris Johnson is not meshing well with the new offense. I am thinking of placing him on the trade block. My backup rookie RB fits the offense better. He has taken just under half the snaps as Johnson, and has been twice as productive.

I forgot to mention in my first post, that I am playing All-madden with custom sliders. Downloaded from PS3 share. They are the OS sliders someone put up. I tweaked them a little. First game I won 27-24. Second game I won 30-24. I am dreading going on the road. I've had to come from behind at home. I can't imagine what a road game is going to be like.

I missed this in off season, but the Seahawks let browner go to FA and he was signed by Tampa. So they have Revis and Browner. And they are tearing it up. They each have 2 INTs already. Tampa some how also managed to get (I assume in a trade I missed) Geno Smith. And he is doing great with them. He is also currently rated 82 in their system.

I've also noticed an odd thing with the commentary now that I moved. First game of the season they say the Texas packed up and left town (they did not) and so it was good this new franchise moved to town. Second game they start talking about how great it is for Huston to have two NFL teams and the fans are glad this new franchise has come to town.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #30
Rookie

Ok so doing my vikes franchise like i always do, Year one went 13-3 won superbowl by 3 points (Blair Walsh 56 yard Field goal!)

I rebuilt stadium with no roof and it always freaking snows!! Every home game I live in Minnesota it doesn't snow that much lol.

Anyways, Ponder is not the direction I want to go as the Vikings owner (Life Long fan) so in draft 32nd pick, Jordan lynch fell right into my lap I can't believe he dropped that far!

Second round drafted a really good ROLB can't seem to remember his name.

Third round Eric ward was available and jarius wright is soooo underrated in this game so he was dropping everything so I drafted him.

4th round no position I really need so I picked up one of my favorite players Dri Archer! I feel bad because he is backing up AP most of his career, but I had to jump on him.

5th round took a CB by the name of LJ something can't remember his 1st name but I needed another CB and figured why not.

6th round took WR Abberieus or something like that lol don't remember. Best player available pick.

7th round picked up a DT that ended up 75 OVR i cant remember his name either smh

2 free agent pick ups Justin tuck to replace Brian robinson who i traded to jaguars for a 3rd round pick and micheal Vick on a 1m dolllar contract that i wasn't expecting him to accept at all but whatever. I resigned Jared allen to a 5 year deal, But kevin only wanted a 1 year which he got but now i have to draft a DT to help Shariff floyd if 7th round pick doesnt work out.

Need a SS? In draft i'm not resigning jamarca sanford he blows way to many deep zones. Can't remember if Harrison is SS or if he is FS but im keeping him he had 6 INT's last year 4 returned for TD's!!

Finished preseason 2-2

But now im 4-0 in regular season AP leading league in rushing, Lynch leading in passing best combo ever to be in minnesota perhaps?

Cordarelle is an AMAZING deep threat i just throw it up he gets it but Jennings is getting older so I was looking at 6'6 brandon coleman holy ****!! Who is going to cover him, I will trade up in draft to get him if i have to, Looking at a SS from usc to replace sanford. Dri archer has returned 2 kicks for TD's along with 2 punts for TD's!

But these sliders are to easy for me are there any good sets out there that arent super hard because the set im using right now is a easier one. Thanks for all the help I enjoyed reading these on Madden 13 so much only posted on there once or twice. Planning on posting a lot on this one.

Good luck and enjoy gaming all!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #31
Rookie

Re: How is your CFM going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhalla
Tom Brady retired after the first season in my ccm and he returned after the next season as a free agent.

Also Jimmy Johnson came out of retirement in my ccm to coach the Chiefs.
I hate this. I wish there was a way to turn it off. Not turn retirements off but turn off that they can come back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #32
MVP

Number999's Arena

Pretty solid thus far, I decided to make a throwaway CFM since I just want to see how everything works out so far. Went 14-2 with the Dolphins, traded to get Tim Tebow, trade logic seems to be decent but it is literally impossible to get a deal done if the team is uninterested in the player, despite how good they may be.

The injuries are so insane, I scramble once with Tannehill and there's about a good 80% chance he'll go down with an injury, same with my RB Lamar Miller. Injured 6 times in 3 games, got injured in the playoffs and broke his collarbone, like what the hell.

On the plus side, the simulation seemed sorta realistic. Seahawks vs Giants for the NFC Championship game, and Texans made the AFC Championship game.

League related news, the Oakland Raiders moved from Oakland to become the Austin Armadillos. Champ Bailey, Peyton Manning, Charles Woodson, London Fletcher all retired after Season #1 yet Ray Lewis comes out of retirement and signs with the Armadillos... nice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »