Home

MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:13 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Sorry Ben Brinkman: the bat sounds still sound like slapping someone's butt with a ping-pong paddle. Which is fine I suppose for the masochists among us.

Time and time again, the organ continues to play throughout the pitcher's windup and throw, and even during and AFTER the batter has swung at the pitch. In one instance it's still playing after the ball is hit and has left the infield (!!).

Varitek goes after a high pop-up without leaving his crouch position, and while ice-skating sideways ala Madden's players. Bad.

Biggest thing for me though is that pitches slow down noticably as they approach the plate, even fastballs. In fact, by the time a fastball crosses the plate, it has the speed and appearance of a breaking pitch. What in the world is that about?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 4

I just watched the videos a bit. For me at least this video just sealed the deal.

The game looks choppy as all hell.

The CPU pitching looked as though it was still throwing to many pitches in the stike zone which mean I'm gonna have to adjust. And I hate the 2k series sliders for adjusting this. IT just never feels right.

Cameras for fielding are much better. Still hate the hitting cameras.

And most of all Human pitching is still WAY WAY to easy.

Now I can be mistaken but until I have a playable demo there is no way in hell they get another 60 dollars of mine. The show has rocked for 2 yrs running and 2K has stolen my money for 2 yrs. This year they need to PROVE it before I even begin to think about BUYIN it.

These videos did nothing in the way to help thier cause for me.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #43
Banned

UncleMo's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm217
Vetzballin.com has posted their Major League Baseball 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies, which includes some screenshots and a video clip showing a full 9 innings of play.
I wish someone would do a video detailing what accessories and generic faces one had to choose from.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:20 AM   #44
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Nitpicking, but in the second video the catcher threw the ball to the first baseman after Manny struck out. They always throw to 3B after a K with no one on and less than 2 outs.

Also, it looks like the swing, ball contact, and ball direction after hit is out of synch a little. I saw a few swings and thought "I didn't expect the ball to go there!"

C
No they dont, many times when a right handed batter K's the Catcher will throw to first to start the ball around the horn when the bases are empty.
I know Ivan Rodriquez does it all the time.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yeah, a lot of teams go to first and some to third...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 08:35 AM   #46
Pro

OVR: 8

Loving the amount of foul balls

Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 8
Exactly what I thought

Simply horrible......Last years poor game with different camera angles. Crowd still sucks....Pitching/batting interface looks to be the same, you still are going to be completely guessing when at the plate...The sounds of the batted ball all sound the same, whether you get jammed up inside or nail the ball on the sweet sound of the bat.......Thank you so much for putting this video up.....it simply confirms how truly gret the Show 08 is...
Old 02-27-2008, 08:42 AM   #48
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Just as a reminder, in case you didn't see it. This is quoted from Matt Blumenthal on his initial impressionds from the front page.

I had an opportunity to demo Major League Baseball 2K8 this afternoon. His official writeup of the event will be up later this week, but we wanted to get some quick thoughts up here for you guys.

* This game looks beautiful, the player models have improved but the real leap is in the animations. The animations move silky smooth and there is no need to worry about herky jerky animations of the past anymore.

I will take his word for it about the smoothness. So hopefully this will put to rest the perceived choppiness people are seeing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »