Home

MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

This is a discussion on MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #49
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Exactly what I thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
Simply horrible......Last years poor game with different camera angles. Crowd still sucks....Pitching/batting interface looks to be the same, you still are going to be completely guessing when at the plate...The sounds of the batted ball all sound the same, whether you get jammed up inside or nail the ball on the sweet sound of the bat.......Thank you so much for putting this video up.....it simply confirms how truly gret the Show 08 is...
I honestly think that people like you are looking for a reason to hate the game. Maybe its because you can only get one game and you want the one you don't get to be bad.

To me the pitcher/batter interface looks great. I am able to tell the pitch and the break, something that was almost impossible last year. Plus there is a rumor that bat sounds will be fixed in the retail version. Also you should always play the final retail version of a game before making a decision about it.

Last edited by PVarck31; 02-27-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 8
Not true

First of all, you don't know me, so please don't try and predict what I can or can't do when it comes to a game. I was simply stating my opinion after watching the video just like you. For your info, I have both systems and can have every game out there if I choose, this is just simply one I won't purchase. Listen...the Show 08 hasn't changed much either, it's just that it is lightyears ahead of 2K8, whether you want to admit that or not. Again just an opinion. i was seriously just thanking the poster for the video, because for me, it answered a lot of questions.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #51
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Re: Not true

Quote:
.the Show 08 hasn't changed much either, it's just that it is lightyears ahead of 2K8, whether you want to admit that or not. .
Hmm you talk about opinions, are yours the only opinions that are right?

Look I dont care what you do, all i was trying to say was play the game before you write it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 8
I have.......

it's called 2K7
Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #53
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

Re: I have.......

Quote:
it's called 2K7
What?? Its been pretty much confirmed that this game is much better than 2k7. Alot of people who played it says it feels like a totally different game.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:10 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 10

I came away with a emh feeling. I like the foul balls and the pitching system looks cool but the catches from inning 1-3 by Varitek and the two by Ellsbury in center looked a little weird. The crowd is pretty bad and im not a big fan of the camera angle right under the players nose when they walk in the box. Def looks better then 2K7 and u cant judge graphics by these vids. It just feels lacking IMO
Old 02-27-2008, 09:20 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 10

Ok I just saw the Lugo HR in the 5th , after that I don't really want to see much more. What happened to the HR cam? Why is the crowd so quiet, why is there the generic pitcher is mad cut scene?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2008, 09:23 AM   #56
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Vetzballin.com: MLB 2K8 Game of The Week: Red Sox vs. Rockies

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
You are seeing variable strike zones.. Won't get into a long post. Too early in the morning. For me these videos showed more PRO'S than CON'S. Which for me is what's important. Good Looking out DJ Rhude
That's how I feel too Joe... something about this game just looks like a lot of fun... especially the pitching (I'd even throw the hitting in there right now too).

Hard to tell with the fielding, i think that will be more of a play and see sort of thing.

Also, I don't hear people talk about this too much, but I love how 2K has day/night progression, and different weather affects, instead of it always being either sunny or dark outside. Adds a lot of feeling to the game... for me at least.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »