Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 First Look Preview

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 First Look Preview within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 First Look Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil

I love the right analog pitching system, but they made it too hard.

I love the swing stick, but they screwed up the ball physics and there are too many homeruns.

I love all the sliders, but I hate how I fight with them all the time to get a decent game (been doing this since 2k5).

I am not going to get this series again until this board is impressed with it again.
See, it's posts like this that really frustrate me to no end.

1. The right analog pitching was NOT too hard. If you thought it was, drop down a level. It's posts like this that make companies dumb down the AI and make the game easy. I want the higher levels to be difficult. The only thing off about the analog pitching was there were too many meatballs.

2. I understand the swing stick is your opinion, but is it bad that they're going back to zone hitting? People have been asking for this back since the days of High Heat.

3. Users asked for sliders. Companies provided them. It's our own fault for having bad sliders. The game should play better out of the box though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #26
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless
1. The right analog pitching was NOT too hard. If you thought it was, drop down a level. It's posts like this that make companies dumb down the AI and make the game easy. I want the higher levels to be difficult. The only thing off about the analog pitching was there were too many meatballs.
Agreed. 2K8's pitching was not hard. After a few games, it was simple, and I ended up liking it quite a bit.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:36 PM   #27
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

Any truth to the rumor that Major League Baseball 2k9 will only be available for purchase at Circuit City.

In all seriousness I am hoping the game is good. I am a baseball fanatic and baseball videogames are my favorite to play. It is always nice when consumers have choices.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:42 PM   #28
Pro

HK-47's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamless
See, it's posts like this that really frustrate me to no end.

Yeah, I never understood why so many had trouble with the new pitching controlls...I pretty much had it mastered in about 5-10 minutes of practice.

Just keep the "Total Controll Pitching" slider at 80 or lower and you should be fine.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:17 PM   #29
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6
Now that Visual Concepts is involved, I am less worried about the direction of baseball from 2K than I would have been if the change was not made. I never understood why they never had their A-Team leading the way of such a high profile game for the company. These guys from VC know football, they know basketball, and now they have come to baseball. The best sports game maker of all time is working on a baseball.
I am not worried at all.
I'm excited!
Bubba4
Old 01-16-2009, 09:31 PM   #30
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43
I would not get overly excited about the game until 2k can show us they can release a good game of baseball.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo1967
I'm confused, wasn't Visual Concepts always involved with making this game since the 2K series first appeared on the Sega Dreamcast?
No I think Blue Castle made the dreamcast ones and Kush made the current ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2009, 02:33 AM   #32
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

For those of you who avidly complain about lack of media out for MLB 2K9 think about this:

MLB 2K9 is a little over 1&1/2 months aways from release. All the negativity is not logical, you are all putting 2K in this giant company as a whole like there is no blue castle,kush, vc, 2K Boston etc...
Think about it, I'd be like Madden 2010 being made by EA Big co.
To top it in relevance MVP Baseball made from EA Big.
It cant be judged because this is the first time this company has tried to create a next gen baseball game.
The Info will come just be patient. All I'm saying is its undisputable because of the circumstances

sit back and enjoy what comes this march.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »