Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 PM   #25
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: New Screens

Eh...looks about the same mix of good and bad. On a positive note this picture is one thing I do like about 2K's presentational style...

It makes for a pretty realistic shot IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #26
MVP

Artman22's Arena

OVR: 26

Personally I think the screens look nice, and they're better then 2k9. I'm not surprise to hear certain posters complain like they are. I'm not even going to go there. For someone to say it looks the same as 2k9 just shows their agenda.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #27
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Or the fact that the preview said the game got worse graphically compared to 2K9 to make up for the frame-rate.

So what does that say about these shots again? Same thing 2K has been doing for years? I think so. Considering the screenshots look better than 2K9, but hands on says otherwise.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #28
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
Or the fact that the preview said the game got worse graphically compared to 2K9 to make up for the frame-rate.
Yeah, but I have to wonder how much the guy who wrote the article even played 2K9, if he ever did at all. The framerate really wasn't much of a problem with 2K9. I'd say the AI batting was it's main flaw, which he didn't even mention.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #29
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
So far from screenshots, I only see good out of them. Grass is more detailed, stadium fences have logos, the majority of the fans are wearing team-colored shirts, the self-shadowing is a bit fuller this time, and I don't know if animations or framerate count as graphics, but if they are improved, I can't see how they are much worse. But everything else meshed with it (camera angles, visual displays and aids, etc.) help dictate how the graphics are presented to us. It's like a burger at a restaurant with the same exact ingredients as another burger, but you eat it upside-down (there's a reason they put condiments in the order they do, you know ).

We'll have to see gameplay videos for confirmation, or play the demo if/when it comes out.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM   #30
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
So far from screenshots, I only see good out of them. Grass is more detailed, stadium fences have logos, the majority of the fans are wearing team-colored shirts, the self-shadowing is a bit fuller this time, and I don't know if animations or framerate count as graphics, but if they are improved, I can't see how they are much worse. But everything else meshed with it (camera angles, visual displays and aids, etc.) help dictate how the graphics are presented to us. It's like a burger at a restaurant with the same exact ingredients as another burger, but you eat it upside-down (there's a reason they put condiments in the order they do, you know ).

We'll have to see gameplay videos for confirmation, or play the demo if/when it comes out.

I see, this is all making sense now.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinOrgans
Career stats on the jumbotron again! Damnit!

Faces look improved from last year though. Doesn't look like they did a graphical overhaul. Hopefully just a gameplay overhaul.
Models look alot better kinda of like 2k7 but did anyone notice the legs got bigger again thicker like 2k5 2k4 version but then it was fixed in 2k7 ? .
Catchers also look alot better but I hate the blur look for depth hurts my eyes trying to focus .

Last edited by dorismary; 01-13-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Yeah, but I have to wonder how much the guy who wrote the article even played 2K9, if he ever did at all. The framerate really wasn't much of a problem with 2K9. I'd say the AI batting was it's main flaw, which he didn't even mention.
Yeah I know, the frame rate wasn't an issue in 2K9, maybe a few times on foul balls, but nothing game breaking like 2K8. He also said Hurry up Baseball was a new feature, which was obviously in last years game. That guy didn't know what the hell he was talking about.
NY Knicks :(

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »