Home

MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added]

This is a discussion on MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Added] within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #289
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
I wish they wouldn't have messed with the Power with the new patch. HRs are very rare now.
I have my Power set at 50 and I'm hitting a normal amount in my franchise. Playing online it seems like there are more homers now than before.

As for injuries, I'm 10 games in, and so far I've only had 1 injury. My injury slider is at 15, so that seems good to me.

I'm having a blast with this game now that I have a franchise going. And online play is great since they fixed the lag. I played 3 games in a row last night and had to force myself to quit playing. I liked it before the patch, but now I'm loving it.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-28-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #290
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 2K11 Patch Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here [UPDATE: Patch Notes Add

I just gave the game a rent. I had the game before and was getting pretty good games on allstar. I just played a game was up 12-1 after 4 innings and shut it off. I dont know if its just because ive been playing the other game and that game is so hard or what. I really want to like this game, because of the hit variety and walks i cant seem to get in the other game. The patch seemed to smooth out the game play a ton, but its too easy now?

Overall the game seems good. The graphics still aren't great and player models and stances are off, but the gameplay seems solid. It seems like they really smoothed out the pace and fielding and everything seems to work together now. I'm not seeing those weird animations so much. Is anyone else finding it too easy though??

I'm not seeing less hr's at all. I'm killing the ball if its anywhere near the plate. I'll try legend and see how that goes.

Last edited by Celtic34; 05-28-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:22 PM   #291
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambizytl
Auto Fielding is not that good: My Phillies are number in Fielding Overall but number 22 in the majors team stats.

auto baserunning works fairly well, not perfect, but close.

I still make more line drive outs than the CPU by a wide margin, not as bad as before.

Overall, I am very pleased with the new patch. There are still some things that need to be fixed: using classic pitching puts a cap on how fast you can throw a two-seam fastball, 95 mph, while the CPU can throw 99. The game summary needs to be fixed.

All in all, I think the patch is a success story that needs a few rewrites.

i love auto fielding even though in the 2 games after the patch my dodgers have not even had a bobble much less a throwing error neither has the giants. i hope i get some kind of errors soon! LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #292
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Are there any online issues with this game? I'm thinking about picking this up soon and I'd be spending most of my time in that mode.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:56 PM   #293
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm hitting HRs fine, its just the CPU rarely hits them at all. I'll go many games in a row with out giving one up. It was fine, to me anyway, before the patch.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:12 AM   #294
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Are there any online issues with this game? I'm thinking about picking this up soon and I'd be spending most of my time in that mode.
This is the smoothest online baseball game there is. After the patch, there is now hardly any lag. It's a lot of fun online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonw2
I'm hitting HRs fine, its just the CPU rarely hits them at all. I'll go many games in a row with out giving one up. It was fine, to me anyway, before the patch.
Have you tried turning up AI power? I have it at 80 and they hit at least one or two homers against me per game, sometimes more. Seems pretty good to me.

Last edited by jeffy777; 05-29-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:07 AM   #295
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I swear the patch seemed to open up more commentary from Kruk. I might be imagining things but he seems to be saying more things I haven't heard before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2011, 07:50 AM   #296
Pro

OVR: 13

I saw there was an injury bug thread, is there really a injury bug?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »