Home

MLB 2K13 Official Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 2K13 Official Trailer within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #113
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: MLB 2K13 Official Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
that was not what he was trying to do... You realize he has been here since 2002, and like he has said, he has played and bought both games. He is stating his opinion
The lack of support with 2k and this franchise I think is what agitates me more than anything with the game. (Although I really wish they would clean up some of the fielding animations and the pitcher sub AI at times).

Whether it's the framerate issues we've seen in past versions for the PS3 version that don't get fixed, or the no error/injury issues, or whatever other issues that seem to plague this game, I just don't feel like they care enough to really put much effort forth to fix issues like that with any urgency.

It's frustrating because there are some really cool things in the game, the franchise mode despite some niggling issues could really be great. The commentary and overall presentation is generally top notch. The use of advanced statistics (although I think it's implementation is rather random) could really be cool. (I am in the minority, I don't dig the pitching/hitting controls). I also for the most part love the batter pitcher battle.

If 2k really wanted it to be, the game could be so much more. Just look at what they're capable with in the NBA2k series or even the NFL2k series. That's the frustrating part of this game for me.

And I know it's shallow, but really I've said this a thousand times, the fielding animations just kill me. Although apparently one of my other shallow pet peeves, washed out color pallette looks to be fixed or improved.

Last edited by bkrich83; 02-24-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #114
Rookie

JustinVerlander35's Arena

OVR: 3

At least they still got their prestation and commentary... I hope.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #115
Banned

SportsGamingBlake's Arena

OVR: 0

Ive bought this game since 2k4 and as much as i want to this year i just bought a ps3 in september and it will be hard for me to dish out $120 when I'm only going to be playing 2k13 for 10-20% of the time :/ might wait til may or june...

...and after reading these past 2 or 3 pages, how has no one been banned yet?

Last edited by SportsGamingBlake; 02-25-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 04:10 AM   #116
MVP

fearwhatnow's Arena

OVR: 5

No PC version=No buy for me
I always buy MLB2k for pc and The Show for my PS3 system.
MLB2k modded plays a good, fun game of baseball.On PS3 it's ugly and can't be modded.
Way to go again 2k. PC users are again 3rd world costumers. My guess is that they'll do the same with the NBA game.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #117
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
The lack of support with 2k and this franchise I think is what agitates me more than anything with the game. (Although I really wish they would clean up some of the fielding animations and the pitcher sub AI at times).

Whether it's the framerate issues we've seen in past versions for the PS3 version that don't get fixed, or the no error/injury issues, or whatever other issues that seem to plague this game, I just don't feel like they care enough to really put much effort forth to fix issues like that with any urgency.

It's frustrating because there are some really cool things in the game, the franchise mode despite some niggling issues could really be great. The commentary and overall presentation is generally top notch. The use of advanced statistics (although I think it's implementation is rather random) could really be cool. (I am in the minority, I don't dig the pitching/hitting controls). I also for the most part love the batter pitcher battle.

If 2k really wanted it to be, the game could be so much more. Just look at what they're capable with in the NBA2k series or even the NFL2k series. That's the frustrating part of this game for me.

And I know it's shallow, but really I've said this a thousand times, the fielding animations just kill me. Although apparently one of my other shallow pet peeves, washed out color pallette looks to be fixed or improved.
I agree completely with this, especially since it already is a solid base. Yes there are quite a big of nagging issues that imo seem like an easy fix, but I guess it comes down to them caring more about the million dollar challenge getting more people to buy the game than some of things that could be added/refined.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 0

Looks like the same game to me. I actually don't mind the gameplay, but some of the animations are simply terrible. And graphically it's one of the worst sports games out there if not THE worst. Sad as a baseball fan that only owns an XBox. Don't want to have to buy a PS3 just for The Show, but I may do it this year. Just want to play a good baseball game on XBox, why has this been so hard? There are a lot of good things about the 2K series and I play them every year, just want something better and it's starting to get frustrating.

Really disheartening to see the same generic faces as well. There were what 15-20 of them last year? For 1000s of players that didn't have their real faces? It got repetitive in a hurry if you're into rosters, to the point where I'd check a player's face out before I traded for/signed him. Looks like its the same thing this year.

I love to be able to edit all the teams in franchise mode and that mode overall is good. The pitching interface and batting is decent too. But you have to edit the **** out of this game for it to be playable in my mind, and that sucks. I'm sure I'll buy it as I love baseball, but man it's a dissapointment again. Something needs to give, need new life in XBox baseball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »