Home

MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available (April 12th)

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available (April 12th) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 01:09 PM   #41
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available (April 12th)

Heywards power numbers are way too high. With those numbers you can sim his rookie season over and over and see him pop out 35 - 45 more than a few times. Is there anyone here who thinks thats really gonna happen? Especially with an A potential he may wind up with upper 90's power the way the game progresses (Bondsian territory), that could happen but think to yourself exactly how many players have hit 60 or more homers in the majors since its inception......Exactly.

Another year, and here we go again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 01:25 PM   #42
W*nn*b* *S St*ff

x94blair33's Arena

OVR: 3

In regard to Sizemore and Jackson (I've been waiting for them to start my franchise since they're integral to the Tigers)...the rosters I downloaded..the first franchise I started has Jackson as a "D" and Sizemore as a "C". So that's worse than previously reported.

Heyward is a "B".

It's not that I think Jackson or Sizemore is going to be a superstar. But they easily look like MLB regulars. Obviously the current attributes work with the potential. Neither Jackson nor Sizemore are that highly rated so I'm guessing they'll largely be capped at what they are now. Not sure about that.

-Nick
Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM   #43
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
Heywards power numbers are way too high. With those numbers you can sim his rookie season over and over and see him pop out 35 - 45 more than a few times. Is there anyone here who thinks thats really gonna happen? Especially with an A potential he may wind up with upper 90's power the way the game progresses (Bondsian territory), that could happen but think to yourself exactly how many players have hit 60 or more homers in the majors since its inception......Exactly.
hes on pace for 60+ right now... obviously thats skewed but he could hit 30+ this year. think about it
Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #44
W*nn*b* *S St*ff

x94blair33's Arena

Okay...now this is weird. I just tried downloading the rosters again and now Jackson and Heyward are both an "A". Hmm. Different in the space of about 15 minutes.

They're either actively pushing changes..(In which case can I get sizemore bumped to a "B"? ) or there are multiple servers and we're getting different downloads and it hasn't populated everywhere yet.

The only other thing I can think is that the ratings are being "generated" during the creation of the franchise?

-Nick
Old 04-15-2010, 01:43 PM   #45
W*nn*b* *S St*ff

x94blair33's Arena

HA HA. I just downloaded again, started a new franchise and now Jackson and Sizemore are both "B" 's. I'm completely confused as to what's going on

-Nick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 0
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but here goes-how do I find/download patches, roster updates, etc. My PS3 is already online, why doesn't it do it automatically? There's bound to be a simple step I'm missing or leaving out. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but here goes-how do I find/download patches, roster updates, etc. My PS3 is already online, why doesn't it do it automatically? There's bound to be a simple step I'm missing or leaving out. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.
I guess I should add that I am almost always doing the RTTS. Maybe it doesn't even apply to that. Also, does anyone have any advice for getting the best contract. I'm in my 7th season and was only offered 1.1M to be a AAA RP. Asked for 2M in arbitration and won. I guess the Angels got pissed at me and sent me to AA. Or maybe I just suck. Hmmm...
Old 04-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #48
Knows what evil lurks...

JaSnake16's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aga11ah
hes on pace for 60+ right now... obviously thats skewed but he could hit 30+ this year. think about it
You might be misunderstanding. Heywards power in real life is definitely legit. Hes a beast. That being said, power numbers that SCEA generates for all of their players are always much higher. My opinion is the reason for this is to make it a little easier for the casual gamer to hit homers with the premier guys when they play exhibition or whatnot. Whats affected most are the sim numbers which hardcore realism guys most always view as skewed. Sim some seasons and youll see what I mean. SCEA ratings generally generate a guy hitting 60, 5 or 6 guys hitting 50 plus, A lot more guys in the 40's and so on. Last year no one hit 50, 5 guys hit 40, 8 guys hit in the upper 30's, etc. 86 / 84 power would most certainly put his sim stats around 40 - 45 homers. Thats why I think its too high.

In real life though I think hes gonna be good for 25 - 30 jacks. Gotta give him sometime to adjust after the pitchers start throwing to him differently. Could be wrong though cause hes definitely special....

Another year, and here we go again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »