Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 06-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #369
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
I have just gotten off the phone with TD. Heres the story. In an effort to make evryone happy V4 will be finished shortly. There were still some players (Juan Uribe an example .305, 28 no chance) that needed tweaking. He is in the process of doing that. He is going team by team thus vying for the greatest accuracy. It will be released WITH Razr's stamina. My opinion would be that these would be for those that play everyday with a team.

Then in a few days we will be releasing V4.1 with stamina edited. TD will be doing this with my assistance. We will be trying to achieve the best simulated statistical accuracy without sacrificing gameplay for those that would like that.

I apologise for the delay and what not but Please dont ask for an ETA on that, pretty please.
Thanks for the update. I think this is a great compromise.
Old 06-23-2010, 02:45 PM   #370
Rookie

OVR: 6

So if I am simming, what should I be comparing my simmed results to? The last full season? That seems wrong, as this game is supposed to represent this year's season. Even if the stats are an outlier, it is an outlier if analyzing the stats of baseball's entire existence. This is a game for the 2010 season, not for all of baseball history.

With that being said, I am not expecting the numbers to be perfect, but they should be at least reasonably close. I have not found them to be even reasonably close.

Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 PM   #371
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
So if I am simming, what should I be comparing my simmed results to? The last full season? That seems wrong, as this game is supposed to represent this year's season. Even if the stats are an outlier, it is an outlier if analyzing the stats of baseball's entire existence. This is a game for the 2010 season, not for all of baseball history.

With that being said, I am not expecting the numbers to be perfect, but they should be at least reasonably close. I have not found them to be even reasonably close.
I think you will see better hitter numbers as the season progresses. (does the game account heat, btw?) This season cannot really be compared to any (recent) other.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 03:01 PM   #372
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790

I believe Ja/TDs ratings edits are based on the last 3 full seasons (based on Bahnzo's roster tool with last season rated higher than the previous 2) with tweaks for breakout players based on this years stats. So your sim results should probably be near those results instead of the current stats. This game is for the 2010 season in terms of rosters/schedules, but how do you expect SCEA to make their ratings for this season when the season wasn't even started yet when the game was released, or how do u expect Knight, Ja, Razr etc to base their ratings on this season with only 40% of a season's-worth of data? There will be people who start hot and dont produce in the 2nd half, players who get hot in the 2nd half that havent produced, players who had fluke years last year and people who are having fluke years this year. All you can do is look at recent history for each player and make a decent judgment and tweak the players that are primed to play at different levels than they are rated. And the benefit of the internet is you can download the rosters and tweak the things you don't like to make it more realistic for you.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 06-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #373
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think I need to wait til we get v4 and I'll see what the numbers look like then.

Old 06-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #374
Rookie

zman2392's Arena

OVR: 3

Is anyone else as stoked as I am about this. Going to be awesome actually starting my franchise. Thanks to everyone involved!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:23 PM   #375
Rookie

Who_Dey_91's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyCobra
If you could post your sliders that would be great.
K i play on HOF btw, but i dont think that matters in simming.
don't know if this is the place to post sliders since this is a roster thread, but its only one post i guess, so i dont think anybody will care.

btw simmed a second season up until today's date and got
era under 3.00- 19
more than 1 complete game- 27
innings pitched over 90- 25
whip under 1.20- 18

so the numbers were very similar to the last one, so i'm having good success and no one has .800 slugging (highest is .666) hr leader has 26, and rbi leader has 74. all of these numbers are very close to realism.

Sliders (hopefully no one gets mad i post sliders on a rosters thread) heres a link to download it. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=f...1b77d2eb488dac
just download all four files and move it to ur ps3 with a flash drive. Make sure that when u put it in the flash drive you have the directory look like this "cruzer(or w/e ur flash drive is called)> PS3> SAVEDATA> BCUS98207_SLID_0000000030F53767> and then the 4 files go here. When you create the "BCUS98207_SLID_0000000030F53767" folder, just copy and paste it, just to be safe.

I hope this helps with anyone having weird results with their franchises.

Edit- i can post my sliders on the slider vault thing too if anyone needs me to

Last edited by Who_Dey_91; 06-23-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #376
Pro

ferriscj24's Arena

OVR: 12

The statistical numbers seem to be fine to me. But are you guys seeing an issue with guys coming back in the rotation and not being at full strength using these rosters? I started a franchise with the Tigers, and I am back around for the second turn in the pitching rotation. Each and every starter, when it is their day to throw the second time around is still not replenished. Note that I haven't thrown more than 80 pitches a game with any of them the first time around. Now the second turn in the rotation, and I can't throw 65 or 70 without them being completely out of energy. What is going on?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »