Home

MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

This is a discussion on MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3 within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-25-2010, 11:21 AM   #449
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10 The Show Rosters: OS Full Minors v.3

I'm confused after downloading these rosters.

Why is Mike Leake in single A ball?

Why is Strasburg in AA?

Seems to be a lot of guys not where they are supposed to be.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #450
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolarGamer
I'm confused after downloading these rosters.

Why is Mike Leake in single A ball?

Why is Strasburg in AA?

Seems to be a lot of guys not where they are supposed to be.
Because the player movement in v3 is set at opening day.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #451
MVP

grgmths1433's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubit
Because the player movement in v3 is set at opening day.
all of them opening day rosters arent they?

MLB- Milwaukee Brewers
NFL- Green Bay Packers
NBA- Milwaukee Bucks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #452
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmths1433
all of them opening day rosters arent they?
Yep, and v4 will be too iirc.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:38 AM   #453
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean3790
I have been saying that for a few days now JaSnake. There is a serious problem with sim results. I think it may have to do with sliders too, because I know the Injury Frequency slider affects simmed games, so maybe stamina sliders do too? RAZR has stated that he doesn't care about simmed stats but clearly a lot of us do and it's sort of unfair to cater the entire roster to people who only play quick games and don't want a realistic franchise.
It's not unfair. These rosters are done for myself and the people that helped me out with them. I simply post them here because the community wants them. Because of that they are obviously going to be done to my preferences

Also I saw another one of your comments. The stamina edits are set to mirror last year. The reason for that is that you need a full season of data to make them accurate so they can't be set to 2010

And on the drastic change thing about the stamina edits most pitchers got only a +5 or -5 adjustment

Last edited by RAZRr1275; 06-25-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #454
Rookie

OVR: 6

Okay, I misunderstood your intentions. They were simply you own personal rosters modified for how you like to play. That's fine. I just feel like you advertise them like a community project and it throws a lot of people off.

I mean if in v4 we have Ike Davis like a 99 overall, we'd all complain and say it is unrealistic. Is that too much of a gripe? I was complaining that your edits weren't realistic in a simulated season, and you admitted that you didn't care. It just seems that everyone else who works on these sees them as a project for the community with the utmost realism desired, you just seem like you made the changes you wanted with no consideration for the usability of the roster as a whole. That's all I'm saying.

Oh and JaSnake, I was thinking about v4.1, and would upping the stamina for pitchers mess with the sim stats? Can't we just up the starter stamina slider?

Last edited by Dean3790; 06-25-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #455
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
It's not unfair. These rosters are done for myself and the people that helped me out with them. I simply post them here because the community wants them. Because of that they are obviously going to be done to my preferences

Also I saw another one of your comments. The stamina edits are set to mirror last year. The reason for that is that you need a full season of data to make them accurate so they can't be set to 2010

And on the drastic change thing about the stamina edits most pitchers got only a +5 or -5 adjustment
I went through using V3 with the pitch and stamina edits and changed all of the SP stamina back to SCEA default. I simmed and I'll note the differences. Yes, the ERA tends to be higher with V3 compared to default. There are less pitchers with an ERA under 3.00. However, it is not significantly less. It might be 6-8 compared to 9-12. The number of complete games with the default stamina is doubled that of real life. I do not have the exact numbers but the number of pitchers with more than 1 CG through the season was something like 75-80. Razrs' edits cut this down to a managable number, say around 45-50. The number of pitchers with more than 200 IP is less with V3 due to the lowered stamina.

I feel that even on default the hitters have a slight advantage. While the ERAs increase on V3, they are still in the realm of being realistic and that is why I'll stick with Razrs edits. I'd rather have 3-4 less pitchers with eras under 3 than 25-30 more pitchers with more than 1 CG. That's just my 2 sense. Maybe there is a better formula to use for stamina, I don't know. I'd like to commend Razr for his efforts and I think he did a great job on this roster.

Furthermore, I did some simming where I played with the manager hook slider and it made no difference whether it was set to 0 or 10. I'm fairly confident that sliders only affect games you play.

Last edited by Yankee2441; 06-25-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #456
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee2441
I'm fairly confident that sliders only affect games you play.
not true, turn up injury slider and notice the difference in sim games

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »