Home

OSFM v3: Pitch Edits

This is a discussion on OSFM v3: Pitch Edits within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2012, 01:30 AM   #33
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
How's max on all-star, does it feel true to life? I play Legend pitching/ HOF hitting with pitch speed on 8 and absolutely love it, helps me get ready for summer ball lol.
It's fun! I'm guessing when I get free time and actually get to play a bunch it'll be time to step up a notch. I'd like to be where you're at. Those settings and pitch speed is right in the sweet spot. The great thing about it for me at all star and above with the high pitch speed, is you really see the balls break realistically (or somewhat at least) and when you connect, it feels like you tore the ball up.

I haven't played since I was around 18 and guys were just getting good junk and speed, but I doubt I ever saw a fastball faster than 80ish, and on all star, I reckon I have about the same reaction time as I remember hitting back in the day.

I have another busy day but expect to be home early evening. I'll put up some stuff when I get settled, as I said before.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:05 AM   #34
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: OSFM v3: Pitch Edits

I might have to wait for these now. You seem to have a pretty solid philosophy on ratings. If you have all your information down in excel or something, I can help you input all the data. I can go hours upon hours editing, and I can do it late at night if you like to do it during the day, or vise versa. Anyway to speed up the process, I know a lot of people want to get started. Let me know.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:06 AM   #35
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

I'm currently stuck at home due to an injury from work and want to see this roster get released. I would be more than happy to help edit pitchers when you can't and we can just work off each other's file.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2012, 03:22 AM   #36
MVP

ilstu24's Arena

OVR: 3

What are you planning one doing with guys like Sale, Bard, Lynn and Samardzija who are now SPs? The data you have for them now is pretty much useless bc the MPH will all be off on all the pitches.

PSN: Onebase24
Follow me on Twitter: @mdthomp24
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 AM   #37
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I might have to wait for these now. You seem to have a pretty solid philosophy on ratings. If you have all your information down in excel or something, I can help you input all the data. I can go hours upon hours editing, and I can do it late at night if you like to do it during the day, or vise versa. Anyway to speed up the process, I know a lot of people want to get started. Let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorg
I'm currently stuck at home due to an injury from work and want to see this roster get released. I would be more than happy to help edit pitchers when you can't and we can just work off each other's file.
Right now I need help compiling a list of pitchers with significant changes to their pitching style, whether its a velocity change, adding or subtracting a pitch, or starter/reliever conversions. Velocity changes need to be substantial, at least 2 mph.

I also need the names of guys who missed 2011, I need to add them to my spreadsheet.

Now we just need to wait for v2 to be finished, I think inputting the data is fairly easy, but I'll let you guys know if/when I need assistance.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:38 AM   #38
MVP

slthree's Arena

OVR: 15

Great thread. I'm now waiting to start my franchise until I can get my hands on this pitch edit file.

Sean, is your file replacing Razr's pitch edit file? I've used that in the past
Old 04-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilstu24
What are you planning one doing with guys like Sale, Bard, Lynn and Samardzija who are now SPs? The data you have for them now is pretty much useless bc the MPH will all be off on all the pitches.
First post explains everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by slthree
Great thread. I'm now waiting to start my franchise until I can get my hands on this pitch edit file.

Sean, is your file replacing Razr's pitch edit file? I've used that in the past
I believe it is, you'll now see more fastball variety and best of all, true to life repertoires, velocity, and movement!
Old 04-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #40
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

I would give Samardzija a 4 seam and 2 seam fastball, splitter and slider. 4 seam fastball has topped out at 98 late in starts this year, and two seam is around 91-93. His splitter is usually about 84 mph and slider is around 85, not a lot of movement but it's sharp. He's gone over 100 pitches his first two starts so he maybe deserves a bump in stamina.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »