Home

OSFM 2013: New York Mets

This is a discussion on OSFM 2013: New York Mets within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: OSFM 2013: New York Mets

Gulf Coast League Mets Roster (Rookie A)

Pitchers
  • 49 Martires Arias
  • 43 Alberto Baldonado
  • 47 Shane Bay
  • 35 Matthew Budgell
  • 39 Luis Cessa
  • 16 Jacob DeGrom
  • -- Zachary Dotson
  • 44 Michael Fulmer
  • 33 John Gant
  • 18 Carlos Gomez
  • 3 Robert Gsellman
  • 36 Julian Hilario
  • 22 Lachlan Hodge
  • 40 Rainy Lara
  • 23 Steven Matz
  • 54 Craig Missigman
  • 30 Isaac Monrroy
  • -- Adam O'Neill
  • -- Alex Panteliodis
  • 55 Richard Ruff
  • 28 Edioglis Villasmil
  • 46 Beck Wheeler
Catchers
  • 25 Jeyckol De Leon
  • -- Jeffrey Diehl
  • 4 Edward Rohan
Infielders
  • 1 Sneider Batista
  • -- Josh Dunn
  • 12 Dimas Ponce
  • 27 Jorge Rivero
  • 26 Randoll Santana
  • 9 Justin Schafer
Outfielders
  • 20 Thomas De Wolf
  • 13 Ryan Hutson
  • 32 Ariel Mercedes
  • 15 Eudy Pina
  • 13 Breiner Soto
  • 34 Joe Tuschak

MLB: New York Mets
NHL: New York Islanders

Johan Santana Pitches First No Hitter In Mets Franchise History - 6/1/12
New York Mets - 2015 National League Champions

"The Coli" - Nassau Coliseum (1972-2015)
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

2013 Top Prospects

Travis D'Arnaud, C, Grade A-: Borderline A-. Should be acquired from Jays in the R.A. Dickey trade. He's not perfect,but D'Arnaud is either the best catching prospect in baseball or the second-best behind Mike Zunino. Could use a bit more polish with his throwing and his plate discipline and immediate stardom is unlikely, but overall he'sthe complete package. Don't expect him to be Mike Piazza, but he should be along-term solution.

Zack Wheeler, RHP, Grade A-:Borderline B+. Aside from some control wobbles in Triple-A, he had a terrific year. Projects as a number two starter. Can he duplicate what Matt Harvey did? It's possible.

Noah Syndergaard, RHP, Grade A-:Borderline B+. Acquired in Dickey trade. He's ahead of where Wheeler was at age 20. Strong sinking fastball, good changeup, breaking stuff coming around, solidcommand, good body, good makeup, strong sabermetric profile. Just needs to stayhealthy. I like him more than many people do, but I really like him.

Wilmer Flores, 3B-2B, Grade B+:Borderline B. I am impressed with the progress he made last year developing hispower, and he's still just 21. There are still significant questions about his defense and how his bat will fit into a lineup, but progress isprogress.

Michael Fulmer, RHP, Grade B:Borderline B-: Strong performance in Low-A, impressive fastball/slider combination. Development of changeup, command, and durability concerns overcross-body mechanics lead to some questions about future role, but he could bea mid-rotation guy eventually. Another guy I'm laying a bet on. Maybe a bad idea when it comes to pitchers, but I'm operating on very little sleep tonight.

Jeurys Familia, RHP, Grade B-: Borderline B. Another hard-thrower with command issues and question about his role. I'vebeen in the starter camp but am now leaning towards the bullpen. Even slight command improvement could make him significant contributor in 2013.

Luis Mateo, RHP, Grade B-: Borderline B. Love the arm and he blew away the NY-P, however, he is in the age cohort ofa college senior at age 22 so take the raw stats (2.45 ERA, 85/9 K/BB in 73innings) with a grain of salt. That said, he throws quite hard and if his changeup comes around he is another mid-rotation arm for the future. If herepeats this at higher levels, he'll zoom up the lists quickly in '13 and this grade could look too low.

Brandon Nimmo, OF, Grade B-: Verypatient, showed some pop in the New York-Penn League, but his athleticism and speed weren't as good as advertised. Will need more power if he has to move toan outfield corner.

Gavin Cecchini, SS, Grade B-: Baseball type, 2012 first rounder, good polish on defense, but hitting in rookieball wasn't as good as I was led to expect when he was in high school. Young enough to get a lot better, of course.

Rafael Montero, RHP, Grade B-: Another product of the Mets pitching pipeline in Latin America, thrived in Low-A and High-A. Good command of low-90s fastball, and has a solid slider and improving changeup, throws strikes. Another potential mid-rotation starter.

Domingo Tapia, RHP, Grade B-: Here's another one, gets up to 98 MPH, erratic but promising in Low-A, needs a better breaking ball to remain a starter, but another high-ceiling guy.

Cory Mazzoni, RHP, Grade C+: Border line B-. Inconsistent after promotion to Double-A and long-term role is uncertain,but could be another mid/back-rotation or bullpen candidate within the next two years. Low-to-mid-90s, good slider, but splitter wasn't completely effective.

Jake DeGrom, RHP, Grade C+: Older prospect at age 24 due to lost Tommy John season, but has a nasty sinker, anathletic body, throws strikes, and was sharp statistically with a 2.43 ERA and96/20 K/BB in 111 innings in A-ball. Significant sleeper prospect.

Kevin Plawecki, C, Grade C+: Purdue catcher is a skilled contact hitter with a very solid glove. Didn't posteye-popping numbers in the NY-P, but I think he has growth potential. Presenceof d'Arnaud means Plawecki won't have to be rushed.

Matt Den Dekker, OF, Grade C+: Offers left-handed power, can steal a base, and a fine glove in the outfield, but excessive strikeout inclination will likely preclude a good batting average and OBP. Should make a solid fourth outfielder.

Cory Vaughn, OF, Grade C+: Very productive in Florida State League (23 homers, 21 steals, 65 walks) but has a strikeout habit (114) and hit just .243. Turns 24 in May so he can't afford a slow start in Double-A.

Logan Verrett, RHP, Grade C+: Another college-trained strike-thrower (the Mets have several) who could be a surprisein 2013 if he adds another half-tick to his fastball or adds something to his changeup. Thrived in A-ball (2.70 ERA, 93/13 K/BB in 103 innings). Sleeper whowould get more play in an organization with less pitching.

Jack Leathersich, LHP, Grade C+: Strikeout relief king, fanned 113 in 72 innings (read that again) in A-ball, with 3.00 ERA and gave up just 51 hits. He also walked 32 guys, so he's got work to do,but fastball/curve combination would take him a long way with even slight improvement in his command.

Danny Muno, SS, Grade C+: Not toolsy, but just knows how to play. Hit .280/.387/.412 in High-A, with 19 steals,50 walks in 352 PA. Steady defense. Would make a fine utility guy.He did serve a 50-game PED suspension but I think his skills are real.

Phillip Evans, SS, Grade C+: Higher ceiling than Muno but further away. His bat wasn't quite as good as advertised,but his glove was better than expected, and he has as chance to stick at shortstop. Will move to Low-A at age 20 in 2013.

Red- One the doorstep looking into Big Leagues.

Blue- On thier way up to the Big Leagues.

Pink- Still a few years away from Big Leagues.

Last edited by Metsfan31; 01-20-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Very nice!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Very nice!
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Do you have an input on anything?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
MVP

yanksdaniel99's Arena

OVR: 11

Got the trio at the top with A/A- potentials, and Flores, Tapia, Montero and a few others with B potentials, your thoughts ?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #14
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan31
Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Do you have an input on anything?
I will have much insights to add in march. I have to go through 12 and take snap shots of ALL of the mets propsetcs I created ( from scratch-- days of work--) and take pictures of their face so creating them this year will be a breeze and not take an hour and. A half just to make one player.. I'll do this for only ones who have yet to appear on the big leagues as Harvey will already be in the game. I am great at doing faces and if I could learn how to post pictures here you guys could see. I do all assecories for players that play in the big leagues. I watch lots of YouTube videos for the players stances and motions and read up on their propsect ratings on Mets minor league blog and Other pieces I can find from credible sources.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #15
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

Flores is a Borderline B along with Tapia. R. Montero is a C+. Cecchini Is a C-C+. Nimmo borderline B- C+.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #16
MVP

Metsfan31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksdaniel99
Got the trio at the top with A/A- potentials, and Flores, Tapia, Montero and a few others with B potentials, your thoughts ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
Flores is a Borderline B along with Tapia. R. Montero is a C+. Cecchini Is a C-C+. Nimmo borderline B- C+.
I would have to agree with you there. Nice work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »