Home

MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Franchise Issues Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkblue_09
Good question, from my understand of what Knight said was to control all 30 teams and basically turn trades off on the other 29 teams resulting in no trades being done without me manually doing it myself.

That also means no trade requests by the CPU to you, I would assume.

Or not, lol. This is ugly.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #250
Rookie

mjarz02's Arena

OVR: 6

do you guys think trade logic will be better once player potential is fixed on monday??
Old 03-04-2010, 03:44 PM   #251
Rookie

The quality of trades "should" be better but the "overriding" manual settings will prob. not change.

I really think this is more of a patch issue than a roster fix issue.

Last edited by stormshadow1; 03-04-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #252
Banned

OVR: 12

What about those of us who will do control all 30 times (yet just play with one) but follow real-life scenarios?? Since injuries, CPU trades, etc will be shut off...this isn't a problem for me, correct???
Old 03-04-2010, 03:52 PM   #253
Rookie

OVR: 3

Sorry for being lazy and not being able to find it. I know its maybe somewheres else but can someone quickly explain the problem with potentials. I know some are messed up like Cano for the Yankees being a "D" but how much of a difference does it make? I say this because I simmed a season just to see and he actually had a better season then last year, with a "D" potential?

How does potential affect a season? Is it for simming or is it for when you play the games? I know Madden has potentials too and I only noticed them for rookies that would start off with low overall and would progress slower. Is it just kinda the same thing? Cause again in Madden you could have a "D" Potential but still have a Hall of Fame season if you knew how to play the game right.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM   #254
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

I may have found a workaround, still testing it

stay posted
Old 03-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #255
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
What about those of us who will do control all 30 times (yet just play with one) but follow real-life scenarios?? Since injuries, CPU trades, etc will be shut off...this isn't a problem for me, correct???
Correct, I don't see this as being a problem for you as you will follow Real life and everything will be controlled by you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 03:55 PM   #256
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcef2005
Sorry for being lazy and not being able to find it. I know its maybe somewheres else but can someone quickly explain the problem with potentials. I know some are messed up like Cano for the Yankees being a "D" but how much of a difference does it make? I say this because I simmed a season just to see and he actually had a better season then last year, with a "D" potential?

How does potential affect a season? Is it for simming or is it for when you play the games? I know Madden has potentials too and I only noticed them for rookies that would start off with low overall and would progress slower. Is it just kinda the same thing? Cause again in Madden you could have a "D" Potential but still have a Hall of Fame season if you knew how to play the game right.
It wont effect the first season. when you get done with season 1 of the franchise and then start season 2 the players with D and F potential will lose A TON of ratings points and will be a lot worse in season 2 than in season 1, and that carries on each off season. It also means that young players wont develop much between season.

Again, for people using franchise to just play 1 season none of these things will be big issues.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »