Home

Few Questions for the ChiseGuys.

This is a discussion on Few Questions for the ChiseGuys. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Few Questions for the ChiseGuys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITTERSAURUS REX
Much thanks in your sharing OS'ers, So far it favors once you start don't touch a darn thing..

P.S. I should of asked what difficulty you are also using Vet, Allstar, HOF or Legend. (Shucks, snaps fingers)
IMO, the difficulty level shouldn't matter to you, or anyone else. People play at the level that meets their ability. Of course, there are those who choose to play on Rookie and dominate the game, but you won't find many of those around here.

Anyways, I don't usually wait around to start my franchise. I pretty much dive into it as soon as the first roster update comes out and never look back.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #10
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Few Questions for the ChiseGuys.

I plan on playing as many exhibition games as possible while waiting for Knight and company's roster set (a minimum of 20, while stat tracking). This will help me determine difficulty level.

Example:

If I have a team average over .279, I'll increase hitting difficulty.

If I have an ERA under 3.85 or so, I'll increase pitching difficulty.

Not a RULE rule for me, as I will not change difficulty if I think bumping pitch speed will help, etc. Also, if I have that random 20 hit game, I'll factor that in to my decision and not abruptly change levels due to it.

Next, I will take this difficulty level into Spring Training and play things out (keeping an eye on errors, steal success, pitch speed, and strike frequency).

Finally, once I enter my 2011 season, all difficulty changes and slider changes will be completely out of the question... I hate fake stats.

So, basically, once I start things up, I will be done. Baseball has too many ups and downs to constantly be changing difficulty/sliders. I made that mistake last year and vowed to myself: Never again! LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »