Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park

not sure i've ever seen a stadium with so much 'flare' but not much 'life'. don't mean that to be a shot on SCEA as much as on the stadium.

one thing i never quite understood is when teams choose the color of their outfield wall to be a color that clashes with their team color. If the a team color is turquoise...the walls shouldnt be green...right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #42
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas0112
Just guessing here, but that homerun thing, isn't it supposed to be underwater, and then when a homerun is hit it comes out of the water? I don't know? Anyone know for sure?
I think it is up at all times. I think it is suppose to "splash" water every time one of the marlins pop up from the base.

YouTube

Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 PM   #43
Rookie

dallas0112's Arena

OVR: 5

I guess you're right, I can't find any info saying that the thing is supposed to pop up like the apple in NY. I can't believe they built that thing out there to stand erect all the time, very disappointing Mr. Loria.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #44
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas0112
I guess you're right, I can't find any info saying that the thing is supposed to pop up like the apple in NY. I can't believe they built that thing out there to stand erect all the time, very disappointing Mr. Loria.
Don't worry about it that thing will be gone after 2 or 3 seasons and replaced with something different I bet.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #45
Rookie

dallas0112's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Don't worry about it that thing will be gone after 2 or 3 seasons and replaced with something different I bet.
Hopefully, as it stands right now, it has got to be a problem for hitters with that thing almost in the batters eye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 15

Looks so sick!

My Mariners dynasty!
XBL Gamertag- xLMJx21
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #47
Rookie

That thing in Center Field is disgusting. How about instead of trying to spend every cent on the budget without overages, you underspend and just build a plain fountain.... classier and less atrocious.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 PM   #48
Rookie

catch212's Arena

Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park Trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
That triangle in dead center field is very interesting. I wonder how outfielders are going to play that. But still, that thing in Center Field... I wonder how whoever designed that, confirmed that, or built it never said anything.

They'll play it the same way they played Dolphins Stadium, since it's the same layout. Although I can see the ball carrying better there so it may play more of a factor.

As for the stadium: I think it's alright from the foul pole, around the infield to the other foul pole. The outfield looks really bland, besides that...thing(?).

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »