Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #129
Pro

Troopershorty51's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by b22gamer
Franchise should be there main focus for 13. Starting with Spring Training....CPU should have guys on their roster that will obviously not make the opening day team, but at least in a ST uniform and get some at bats. same for pitching prospects. The user shouldn't have to add the player to the 40 man roster in order to get them on the spring training roster.

Even BETTER lineup/rotation logic, trade logic FA signings, mid-year FA signings in order to make the game even more realistic.

TWIB-like highlights in--franchise, much like the broken madden weekly hight reel

Glove and Bat updates, and possibly some authentic gear from Rawlings, Wilson, Easton, Nike, Under Aurmor, New Balance, Sam Bat, Minzuno, DiMarini...just to name a few.

Better audio in the stands. I still havent felt a "playoff atmosphere" type game with the way the crowd reacts. Also, in spring training games, the crowd sounds too loud.

different ball off bat sounds in different stadiums.

there are obvious glaring glitches in the game, but overall...it is the best game ive ever played
Pretty much this, a complete overhaul of franchise mode would be amazing. Especially if we got a nightly/weekly recap show, more in-depth/improved scouting system, smarter AI managers, and a headline ticker on the franchise home screen much like 2k8 has (Haven't played a 2k past that, not sure if they still use it.)
Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 AM   #130
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by truintellectplaya
You are only 1 person though. Look around on youtube, go to other forums and it is well known that the online play is shaky for this game
lol as if other forums matter, join a league and will see plenty of users that have a great experience. Online experience is based on your internet connection, I pay alot for my internet and have had minimal issues. Biggest issues so far was the freeze using broadcast view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
It was a statement of what I want to stay into franchise. I know its already there. Come on man!
might want to edit your post, because that is not what you said.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #131
Rookie

tanchl's Arena

OVR: 2

I think a drastic improvements can be made with fielding and throwing animations, and all movements in general. There is still a stiff old gen feel to this new gen product. Outfielders throw like sissies and most infield throws look painfully awkward. Outfielders coming in on balls then go through the stumble animation shouldn't happen. And, when the first baseman goes to throw the ball around the horn after an out, hurry it up, you don't have to stand and look back at the bag and take your time about it.

Very trivial what I mentioned, in no way does this affect the game, the game is heaven for me, so basically, don't **** the game up by doing too much to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #132
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by knich
Live look-ins/highlights would be great in Franchise
What a great, great idea.
Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 AM   #133
Pro

OVR: 8

Getting new announcers I am guessing is totally out of the question. They have spent way to many years getting those guys to record audio to just throw it all away and start over with brand new teams of announcers.

Look at the MLB 2K game the announcing in that game is pretty amazing. Yes some stuff is repetitive after awhile but it feels totally different than what the show announcers do and it really does add an extra dimension to the game that I think the show lacks.

One thing I never really understood about the show is why does the commentary differ for exhibition games and franchise games? I have heard many more lines of commentary during exhibition games than I have during franchise games.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #134
Rookie

1. Retractable Roofs, being able to select open or closed roof.

2. when a man is on second and we pan back to check on the runner, I would like to see the pitcher looking back at the runner.

3. the variable umps works perfect for me at home plate calling balls and strikes, but I would also like to see umps blowing calls at first, second and third base, especially sometimes during stolen base attempts.

4. the only thing I would like to see fix or improved during franchise is being able to make 3 way trades and being able to extend contracts during the season. everything else works in terms of transactions.

5. reactions at the plate by batters during call strike three that are some what questionable, need to have a bit of delay between the call and the "what" reaction of the batter...this one is just me.

6. this one I know it would never happen, but I know is possible...when changing players from team to team, if they have a real life photo, being able to see the photo with the new team cap and jersey.

7. NO SLIDERS!...yes, imagine if the game can be affected only by the abilities of the players, in other words why have a slider dictate how far the ball will travel after being hit, or how ofter we can put the ball in play, or how strong the throws are from the outfield. I know that the abilities still play a roll in the game, but getting rid of the sliders would really make it better and fun. of course I'm only talking about sliders that affect hitting and pitching.

8. new broadcast team!

9. Being able to create batting stances, and create pitching motions. or at least being able to edit the ones that do exist and save them.

10. add GM's

Just my personal opinion of things I would like to see changed or added.

but then again this game is in my mind without these enhancements
Old 05-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #135
Rookie

NIUDAWG's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMoraco
1. Retractable Roofs, being able to select open or closed roof.

2. when a man is on second and we pan back to check on the runner, I would like to see the pitcher looking back at the runner.

3. the variable umps works perfect for me at home plate calling balls and strikes, but I would also like to see umps blowing calls at first, second and third base, especially sometimes during stolen base attempts.

4. the only thing I would like to see fix or improved during franchise is being able to make 3 way trades and being able to extend contracts during the season. everything else works in terms of transactions.

5. reactions at the plate by batters during call strike three that are some what questionable, need to have a bit of delay between the call and the "what" reaction of the batter...this one is just me.

6. this one I know it would never happen, but I know is possible...when changing players from team to team, if they have a real life photo, being able to see the photo with the new team cap and jersey.

7. NO SLIDERS!...yes, imagine if the game can be affected only by the abilities of the players, in other words why have a slider dictate how far the ball will travel after being hit, or how ofter we can put the ball in play, or how strong the throws are from the outfield. I know that the abilities still play a roll in the game, but getting rid of the sliders would really make it better and fun. of course I'm only talking about sliders that affect hitting and pitching.

8. new broadcast team!

9. Being able to create batting stances, and create pitching motions. or at least being able to edit the ones that do exist and save them.

10. add GM's

Just my personal opinion of things I would like to see changed or added.

but then again this game is in my mind without these enhancements
To go off Tony's #10 with GM's; have GM tendancies(Billy Beane, Nolan Ryan, Epstein, Cashman, etc)

Also Managerial Tendancies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 01:33 PM   #136
Rookie

I forgot to mention...

when a injury happens during a game I would like to see after the game a more accurate or realistic diagnostic, for example if my pitcher has to leave the game cause of an injury and the animation shows him kind of stretching his throwing arm, I really hate to see after the game that he suffered a broken ankle.

another thing I would like to see fix, If one of my players gets injured in late august and lets just say he suffered a torn ACL and needs to be out for 6+ months, I don't want to see that after the season is over and spring training starts that he is off the DL and ready to go.

I think It would bring more realism to the management of the players and team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »