Home

What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs?

This is a discussion on What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Needs? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #209
Rookie

MR.RANDOM's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

Dynamic potential so A's will Fail And D's can succeed..it happens every season
Old 06-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #210
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: What Does MLB 13 The Show Need to do Next Year to Satisfy Your Baseball Gaming Ne

First, I am very happy with the game as it is and would still buy it even if it was not improved next year.

That being said, here are the changes which I would like to see:
1. RTTS – The ability to “save” your face and physical characteristics as a model and then use such in creating subsequent RTTS players with different positions, characteristics and players. As it is now you have to create yourself from scratch each time.
2. Franchise – Add at least one additional level (Advanced A) which is playable bringing players per team to 115.
3. Add additional minor league stadiums which are included in the game.
4. Make major and minor league coaches and managers editable so you can change their appearance, name and number and link them to the team.
5. Include more additional hair colors (shades) and head hair styles.
6. Ability to upload to the vault a whole team (now all 90 players and coaches) and to import such team downloaded from the vault or otherwise saved into a roster in a single step. In other words one could replace one “team” set with another in a single step.
7. In Spring Training include, to a more limited extent, also non roster invitees and additional non-roster players. During 2012 in fact Detroit used many AA and advanced A players who were not included in the roster and list of non-roster invitees in 2-4 games. This was especially true of position players.
8. Create a better player potential program which includes both a theoretical “ceiling” and a probability of reaching the ceiling and make such system dynamic. I would further making it possible to see only the starting potential and keeping the changing value hidden so people have to try and determine what is happening based on the players actual results.
9. Ability to import players, teams and rosters into future versions of the game so that each year historic rosters do not have to be recreated from scratch.
10. Make player potential editable.
11. Ability to create your own league structures with variable numbers of leagues, divisions and teams including editing the cities and names of the teams (including minor league teams) , uniform colors etc. so one can truly recreate old historic leagues when there were less teams and divisions.
12. Include sound files for the names of all players who play in AAA during 2012 to the extent such names are not already included.
Those are my “wish list” suggestions.
Karle

Old 06-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #211
Rookie

OVR: 5

i just thought of this.

maybe instead of having potential drop more drastically, just have progression be mainly base on performance. this way if an A potential player only hits .230 for his minor league season, he will improve very smally or not at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #212
Rookie

OVR: 4

Others have mentioned it as well, but the crowd could really use some work. more variation in the type of people, and their reactions throughout the game. I was playing in Washington yesterday and while winning 10-0 i noticed fans in the crowd were still jumping up and down and waving their arms and acting like the score was 10-0 the other way.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #213
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle
First, I am very happy with the game as it is and would still buy it even if it was not improved next year.

That being said, here are the changes which I would like to see:
1. RTTS – The ability to “save” your face and physical characteristics as a model and then use such in creating subsequent RTTS players with different positions, characteristics and players. As it is now you have to create yourself from scratch each time.
2. Franchise – Add at least one additional level (Advanced A) which is playable bringing players per team to 115.
3. Add additional minor league stadiums which are included in the game.
4. Make major and minor league coaches and managers editable so you can change their appearance, name and number and link them to the team.
5. Include more additional hair colors (shades) and head hair styles.
6. Ability to upload to the vault a whole team (now all 90 players and coaches) and to import such team downloaded from the vault or otherwise saved into a roster in a single step. In other words one could replace one “team” set with another in a single step.
7. In Spring Training include, to a more limited extent, also non roster invitees and additional non-roster players. During 2012 in fact Detroit used many AA and advanced A players who were not included in the roster and list of non-roster invitees in 2-4 games. This was especially true of position players.
8. Create a better player potential program which includes both a theoretical “ceiling” and a probability of reaching the ceiling and make such system dynamic. I would further making it possible to see only the starting potential and keeping the changing value hidden so people have to try and determine what is happening based on the players actual results.
9. Ability to import players, teams and rosters into future versions of the game so that each year historic rosters do not have to be recreated from scratch.
10. Make player potential editable.
11. Ability to create your own league structures with variable numbers of leagues, divisions and teams including editing the cities and names of the teams (including minor league teams) , uniform colors etc. so one can truly recreate old historic leagues when there were less teams and divisions.
12. Include sound files for the names of all players who play in AAA during 2012 to the extent such names are not already included.
Those are my “wish list” suggestions.
Karle

Hey Karle,
Great list I like the ones in RED best.
scooter...BigKlu...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Old 06-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #214
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game should have tournament mode. It should have pool play then it should seed the teams into bracket play. And have a double elimination tournament.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #215
Rookie

Up and Coming's Arena

OVR: 1

Get brian anderson for play by play(brewers announcer) ! also replicate TBS's presentation! Am i the only person who likes dick stockton?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #216
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

I would like to see dynamic physical abilities. the way it is now, my 6'5 180 lb. 18 Y.O. SP I drafted in the 1st round will stay a twig for his whole career, when in reality he would probably gain 40 lbs after going through a major league workout and conditioning program. Teams love drafting these kinds of players, you always hear the term "projectable body" in scouting reports, it can add another dimension to player progression. For pitchers, the added weight usually comes with the ability to maintain or even gain velocity, with the risk of losing athleticism and/or command. For hitters it usually means gaining power and sacrificing speed.

I would also like to see physical abilities decline with age, while baseball skills increase. Usually when a hitter is past his peak, his reactions become slower but his baseball knowledge continues to grow. Using in-game ratings as an example, contact would decrease while discipline increases. For pitchers, velocity decreases while movement increases.

Dynamic physical ability would also play a part in injuries. If a hitter hurts his wrist, he would lose some power. If a pitcher has a shoulder injury, he would lose some velocity. I've read that 2K has a nagging injury system, hopefully something like that could be implemented as well.

Anything to make the game more human and realistic, I am down for. Player development feels a little robotic, there really isn't any human element to it since what you see is pretty much what you get; there's hardly any variability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »