Home

MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and More

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and More within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:18 AM   #97
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strings74
Sorry if not the appropriate place but any word on whether we'll be able to import past RTTS seasons (or franchises for that matter) into the new game?

Being able to keep one dude going from title to title would be fantastic. I got in about 6 RTTS seasons or so last year and I feel like I'm just hitting my prime. *chuckle*
If not...
This is going to be my main wish for '14. I think it will go a long way towards guys now wanting to skip a version...and miss out on some great additions because they've got so much time invested into their current RTTS guy or franchise.(RTTS might be MUCH easier to do here I would say)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #98
Rookie

Strings74's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video - First Look at Gameplay, Discussion on User Interface and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
If not...
This is going to be my main wish for '14. I think it will go a long way towards guys now wanting to skip a version...and miss out on some great additions because they've got so much time invested into their current RTTS guy or franchise.(RTTS might be MUCH easier to do here I would say)

M.K.
Knight165
Totally agreed.

I love The Show but I just never seem to get in multiple seasons in anything but RTTS no matter how many times I tell myself I'll sim more games this year.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #99
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Weird that Miggy did his own mo-cap and that's the final result. I think we can agree that doesn't look much like his stance. Seems like there's just not enough moving parts as there are in real life. Hopefully another one in the game is more accurate. This one looks just like it did last year. Doesn't have the foot thing he does, timing mechanism I guess. In real life he's constantly moving. I guess like nomo said he just didn't put much effort into it. Very weird.
I think this happens quite a bit, after watching some vids on YouTube of players doing mo-cap (not just the show, but other games as well) it seems like they're just going through the motions... Remember in previous games when the majority of the wind ups seemed like they were in slow motion? Even now, IMO batters swing like they're using a 50 oz bat, there just isn't any explosiveness and its probably a result of a poor mo-cap session.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:47 AM   #100
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
He did his own mo-cap for his stance soooooooooooooooooooooooooo you can call him and tell him it's not accurate if you want.
Ok you win!! I take back what I said... I take it back!!
Old 01-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #101
MVP

DodgerFanatic2K3's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I think you saw that FT said it's in there.

M.K.
Knight165
Yes I did and there are several people on here that are ecstatic about being able to see MPH with pitch callout OFF for the first time ever!!!

Now if they could just eventually reprogram the logic to display on CPU vs CPU games it would give watching a game that final missing element to be an authentic broadcast experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #102
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
I think The Kid 24 was meaning to say that Miggy didn't put as much effort as he could in his mo cap session.... maybe something got lost in translation, though it would be hard believe there's no Spanish translator in San Diego...
That still looks like the previous Cabrera stance that's been in The Show for years now. Maybe what Russell means is that Miggy did a mo-cap session recently but it hasn't been added in to the latest version of the game. Very possible. I remember last year Gonzalez's old stance was shown in all videos prior to the release of The Show 12, and u didn't see the newly mo-capped stance until the game was released. Just a thought. Later
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #103
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
That still looks like the previous Cabrera stance that's been in The Show for years now. Maybe what Russell means is that Miggy did a mo-cap session recently but it hasn't been added in to the latest version of the game. Very possible. I remember last year Gonzalez's old stance was shown in all videos prior to the release of The Show 12, and u didn't see the newly mo-capped stance until the game was released. Just a thought. Later
You must be right, because there is no way that was a stance he did. He's never waggled the bat around like his stance in this game. In the show, it's a very slow, gentle bat wag. In real life, it's much more fast paced and he moves the bat a lot more. In all directions, up down left right. In the game it's always been just a slow circle he makes. And he taps his front foot while the pitcher is in his motion.

I find it hard to believe he would come into the studio and do a stance that doesn't resemble any stance throughout his career. We'll see.

Just watch the video. There is more much movement in his swing in real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFAW5jMdG2w
Old 01-13-2013, 10:46 PM   #104
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo4Everlong
Oh well I was just joking about the lost-in-translation about Cabrera post...

but I think what seanjeezy wrote is in general the problem with the way mo caps are done. A lot of subtle movements that a player makes when on the field actually playing are unconsciously done, so even if the real guy comes in and try to do his mo cap, unless he is captured in an environment close to the real thing his motion won't exactly close to the one we see on TV.

Like how the pitcher deliveries from older iterations of the Show are not very dynamic? They were made much better the way the dev team last year added the "whipping" arm action where the elbow leads the way, but many deliveries still look like the mo cap guy was just doing shadow pitching in front of a vanity mirror...

yes, the vanity mirror... it's relieving at least he for sure wasn't cross-dressing in front of the vanity mirror.....

So if possible, those guys should be captured as they actually play, even not in the real game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »