Home

MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-25-2013, 03:20 PM   #33
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: IGN Developer Commentary & Cubs/Giants Vids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
On what planet do you think this could actually happen? there is an ambundance of stances to choose from and now follow throughs, HR swing etc, relax
I dont! Thats the point Im trying to make! Take a moment and read the whole conversation, not just one comment.

People are complaining about stances not being correct. (NOT ME)
Theyre not going to be 100% correct when you have some guy imitating the stances like has been done in the past with MLBTS. The only way they will be perfect is if the players do the stances themselves. It is not likely that SCEA will get all 1200 players to mo-cap their stances. So we're just gonna have to accept what we got.

Last edited by Curahee; 01-25-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #34
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB 13 The Show Video Interview - Franchise and Road to the Show Changes

One thing that has to be noted, is the fact that Ramone is really a superhero! He managed to be do all these previews AND be there for CD! And didn't miss a beat...

YouTube

Old 01-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #35
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Lots of other developers could learn from the kind of interaction we get from Russell. Want to make your fans happy? Find someone like him.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #36
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
One thing that has to be noted, is the fact that Ramone is really a superhero! He managed to be do all these previews AND be there for CD! And didn't miss a beat...
I second this... He really does put in a lot of effort to make sure the voices are heard of users from various communities (of which OS is just one of them), while representing the game in all those events.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:03 PM   #37
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Being a little nitpicky, but I don't like how Ramone keeps on referring to the Braves org as a pitching factory... They really haven't developed any studs for quite some time now lol
You must not watch a lot of Braves baseball lol. Brandon Beachy (2.00 ERA before TJ surgery in 2012), Kris Medlen (10-1 1.57 ERA in 2012), Jonny Venters (career 2.23 ERA with 1.24 WHIP), and Craig Kimbrel (nuf' said) disagree with you

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 01-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #38
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope300hitter05
You must not watch a lot of Braves baseball lol. Brandon Beachy (2.00 ERA before TJ surgery in 2012), Kris Medlen (10-1 1.57 ERA in 2012), Jonny Venters (career 2.23 ERA with 1.24 WHIP), and Craig Kimbrel (nuf' said) disagree with you
Sorry but those aren't aces like he said in the vid... Beachy and Medlen are strong #3's (in a scouting sense) and Kimbrel and Venters (while very good) are relievers. Maybe the labels "ace" and #1 are being thrown around too liberally these days...
Old 01-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #39
Atlanta Black Sox

xNobleEaglex's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Maybe the labels "ace" and #1 are being thrown around too liberally these days...
This I agree with. There are really very few #1/"ace" type pitchers in a scouting sense in general throughout the league. I didn't listen to the audio of the vid because I'm at work, so I was mainly replying to the direct wording of your comment, which didn't hint at anything regarding scouting...more so results. In that sense, the Braves organization is absolutely a "pitching factory" in that their success is built on the quality arms that they have developed, both in the rotation and bullpen. While they haven't really developed a certifiable "ace" in a scouting sense, players like Beachy and Medlen definitely have put up "studly" numbers. And of course, home-grown relievers like Kimbrel and Venters anchor one of the best bullpens in the game.

PSN: xNobleEaglex
Old 01-25-2013, 04:45 PM   #40
MVP

Baseballking888's Arena

OVR: 6

I noticed that in the second part of the Cubs vs Giants gameplay video that Marco Scutaro has a cyberface instead of an actual portrait. I'm guessing this was taken from the pre-release demo?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »