Home

MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #153

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Srry to bump, but are the feeds really not gonna be updated until each roster update? Cause that basically defeats the point of twitter feeds. Won't really be good reading a guys tweet about a game that happened a week ago. I thought this would be updated with real time, but guess not?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #154
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: MLB 13 The Show Features Twitter Feeds From Approved and Official Twitter Handles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Srry to bump, but are the feeds really not gonna be updated until each roster update? Cause that basically defeats the point of twitter feeds. Won't really be good reading a guys tweet about a game that happened a week ago. I thought this would be updated with real time, but guess not?
Read again. The feeds are live, only the handles are updated through roster updates.

So if LoMo tweets something, that's updated immediately. But if LoMo closes that Twitter account and creates a completely new one, it will be a few weeks before that new account is added, and it will be added via a roster update.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #155

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Read again. The feeds are live, only the handles are updated through roster updates.

So if LoMo tweets something, that's updated immediately. But if LoMo closes that Twitter account and creates a completely new one, it will be a few weeks before that new account is added, and it will be added via a roster update.
But when I go to the MLB on Twitter page, the most recent tweets are from March 3rd, so what am I doing wrong to not get the updates? I'm signed in on PSN as well...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #156
MVP

OVR: 7

The only team in the game with no twitter handles according to The Show?

My Chicago White Sox.

Not that I would ever use this Twitter feature anyway, it's quite pointless, but they are missing players like Gordon Beckham, Jake Peavy, Jeff Keppinger, Blake Tekotte, Jesse Crain, Adam Dunn, these are all White Sox players I KNOW have twitter accounts.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #157

Majingir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
The only team in the game with no twitter handles according to The Show?

My Chicago White Sox.

Not that I would ever use this Twitter feature anyway, it's quite pointless, but they are missing players like Gordon Beckham, Jake Peavy, Jeff Keppinger, Blake Tekotte, Jesse Crain, Adam Dunn, these are all White Sox players I KNOW have twitter accounts.
Does the game have all accounts? Cause I know Bautista has twitter(and he is the coverboy for Canada game) yet when I go to the twitter section on his profile, it's blank....

I can't get twitter feed on the game to update. I have a feeling there's a real obvious thing I'm missing, so hopefully someone can answer it for me.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:47 AM   #158
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Does the game have all accounts? Cause I know Bautista has twitter(and he is the coverboy for Canada game) yet when I go to the twitter section on his profile, it's blank....

I can't get twitter feed on the game to update. I have a feeling there's a real obvious thing I'm missing, so hopefully someone can answer it for me.
Well I mean OBVIOUSLY the game doesn't have all the accounts based on all those VERIFIED White Sox accounts I mentioned. Now I haven't checked back to that Twitter feature (why would I? It's pointless), so maybe they've added some profiles since then?
Old 03-12-2013, 02:52 AM   #159
MVP

The Twitter integration to The Show this year is like a car company in the early 80's getting in on the built-in cupholders idea by putting the cupholder in the trunk.

Sooo close. Great, you caught on to what everyone else is doing, but next time try to actually put it in a useful spot.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #160
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCoolMan24
The Twitter integration to The Show this year is like a car company in the early 80's getting in on the built-in cupholders idea by putting the cupholder in the trunk.

Sooo close. Great, you caught on to what everyone else is doing, but next time try to actually put it in a useful spot.
I disagree with the post but this analogy is priceless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »