Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 AM   #393
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubz91
You are obviously upset the Cardinals lost to the Giants, that aside, people are going to be more likely to not play as them due to the low rankings, and there is no way they are the worst team in the NL West...
Good reasoning. I guess the same reasoning the Giants fans are upset they are ranked low and not the best team in the game. Stop being biased. They rate players on an individual basis. They aren't going to give Posey, Sandoval, Crawford, etc. boosted ratings just so their overall team ranking can be higher.

Look at the players' stats from the past 3 years then look at their individual attributes this year and you'll see SCEA doesn't look to give attributes based to compensate for low team rankings. They give them out based off algorithms, data, and statistics of how the players actually played.

Clearly you giants fans know more though with the type of convincing posts you all made, so I'll just stop. Giants should be number 1 because they won the WS. Cards should have been number 1 for MLB 2007 since they won it in 2006 too right?

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 03-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #394
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

If you look at the players potentials, the Giants have quite a few, including Lincecum at A potential. So even though the team is rated low, they have lots of players with A and some B potentials that should mean they will be very competitive.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #395
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
If you look at the players potentials, the Giants have quite a few, including Lincecum at A potential. So even though the team is rated low, they have lots of players with A and some B potentials that should mean they will be very competitive.
Over time you mean right? I never thought of that actually. Makes sense if a team has more high potential players it could sustain itself longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #396
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

All I know is the Cards will have one of the best lineups followed by a balanced rotation and a good bullpen. That is all that matter's to me. I could care less if they are ranked 29th, 17th, or 1st. I am going to be using them a lot.

12 in 13!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM   #397

Majingir's Arena

OVR: 22

After seeing each players rating, it's easy to see how each team is rated
where they are in fielding rating.

Almost entire Yankees fielders are 80+. Red Sox have a few like that too.

David Ortiz is supposedly a better fielder than Edwin Encarnacion.

Ratings bit strange though.

Jeter:
79 arm strength
64 arm accuracy
71 reaction
82 fielding rating

Reyes:
82 arm strength
63 arm accuracy
81 reaction
74 fielding

How does that make sense? Both are SS......

Fielding is a separate rating too,but if it was just the average of the only 3 fielding categories in the game then Reyes would be 75 fielding and Jeter at 71

Last edited by Majingir; 03-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #398
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
After seeing each players rating, it's easy to see how each team is rated
where they are in fielding rating.

Almost entire Yankees fielders are 80+. Red Sox have a few like that too.

David Ortiz is supposedly a better fielder than Edwin Encarnacion.

Ratings bit strange though.

Jeter:
79 arm strength
64 arm accuracy
71 reaction
82 fielding rating

Reyes:
82 arm strength
63 arm accuracy
81 reaction
74 fielding

How does that make sense? Both are SS......

Fielding is a separate rating too,but if it was just the average of the only 3 fielding categories in the game then Reyes would be 75 fielding and Jeter at 71
David Ortiz made just one single error at 1B from 2009 through 2012. Well, it was a total of 19 games at first base. He really is a DH.

I would like to know where the range factor rating is shown in attributes, Reaction?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:22 PM   #399
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
David Ortiz made just one single error at 1B from 2009 through 2012. Well, it was a total of 19 games at first base. He really is a DH.

I would like to know where the range factor rating is shown in attributes, Reaction?
I would assume range would be a combination of reaction and speed, wouldn't it? Reaction is how well they get a jump of the bat, and speed would be how much ground they cover. I imagine "fielding" factors in to how good of a path they take to the ball and also how reliable they are at avoiding errors.

Just assumptions.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #400
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I would assume range would be a combination of reaction and speed, wouldn't it? Reaction is how well they get a jump of the bat, and speed would be how much ground they cover. I imagine "fielding" factors in to how good of a path they take to the ball and also how reliable they are at avoiding errors.

Just assumptions.
I think you're right, range being a combination of reaction and speed. I also think you're explanation for fielding is correct, sure seems logical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »