Home

Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros?

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15
Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros?

I make a franchise as the Astros every year, and every year they are the worst team. I usually make trades because I want to "win now" but this year I am going to rebuild because of the new scouting and training systems. Anyone that is planning on being the Astros feel free to comment on how you are going to run the team. If you are not going to be the Astros, also feel free to give any tips, ideas, or opinions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 10:27 PM   #2
Rookie

DirkDiggler12's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Does Anyone Plan On Being The Astros?

There is a thread similar to this already

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...you-going.html
Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #3
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4

I've never been one to be patient and into scouting/rebuilding, BUT... with the Astros in the AL now, and the new team, logo, uni's ...I don't know bro. I always do a Yankees franchise, and still really want to. But something about wanting to try and bring Houston into a new league and start being a contender really is dragging me in.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

I plan on playing as the Astros this year. I'm going to add a few solid major league players that were free agents and a couple in trades. No Hamilton or Grienke but players like Loshe, Sanchez, Either, and Allen Craig. That way I can still compete and keep some of the "core players" they actually have.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

This year is a write off and there is nothing left of value to trade with the exception of Bud Norris. Defensively the team is average or slightly above. The bullpen is extremely weak so expect to not be able to hold leads, if you are even able to score. Picking up an older veteran DH might be nice addition. I will work to get singleton and springer into the lineup as early as ST 2014 with training correa a big priority for the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGlen
This year is a write off and there is nothing left of value to trade with the exception of Bud Norris. Defensively the team is average or slightly above. The bullpen is extremely weak so expect to not be able to hold leads, if you are even able to score. Picking up an older veteran DH might be nice addition. I will work to get singleton and springer into the lineup as early as ST 2014 with training correa a big priority for the future.

I'm using the OSFM rosters as the base and trading a few prospects...Cosart and DeShields. And also adding to the pen. Looking at acquring Parra (leadoff) and David Hernandez from the DBacks to be my closer.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I'm using the OSFM rosters as the base and trading a few prospects...Cosart and DeShields. And also adding to the pen. Looking at acquring Parra (leadoff) and David Hernandez from the DBacks to be my closer.

Not a bad idea but the Astros have new closer and I saw that his overall is an 89 so I would give him a shot first.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:45 PM   #8
MVP

dran1984's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoser
Not a bad idea but the Astros have new closer and I saw that his overall is an 89 so I would give him a shot first.

I was off today so I was able to look at all the ratings..

Hernandez is 89 as well so I was planning on keeping Veras as middle relief/setup guy. For any other team he would be just another reliever he has no closing experience. Hernandez has been thought of as a closer in waiting for years and hes younger.

I was also going to bring back Wilton Lopez who they traded this offseason and go with a back end of the bullpen as:

7 - Veras
8 - Lopez
9 - Hernandez

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »