Home

2013 Franchise/Season Progress Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 Franchise/Season Progress Thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2013 Franchise/Season Progress Thread

Started a chise with the Rays HOF, zone hitting, pulse pitching, button accuracy fielding. Pulse pitching is difficult (hard to hit your spots but fun) fielding is difficult also on hof but i'm getting use to it. I play every game hate simming (no offense to those that do) lost first 2 gms had 7 errors combined gave up 10 and 11 runs versus the orioles, in 1st two gms. 3rd game shuy them out 5-0, then it was on to play the Indians won first 2 gms of series 5-4, and 2-1. In a 3 way tie for 1st place tie with the Yankees and Orioles. AVG. L.Scott 389, Hits L.Scott, D.Jennings 7, HR.B.Zorbrist,M.Joyce 2, RBI.D.Jennings, M.Joyce 4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownwonder
Started a chise with the Rays HOF, zone hitting, pulse pitching, button accuracy fielding. Pulse pitching is difficult (hard to hit your spots but fun) fielding is difficult also on hof but i'm getting use to it. I play every game hate simming (no offense to those that do) lost first 2 gms had 7 errors combined gave up 10 and 11 runs versus the orioles, in 1st two gms. 3rd game shuy them out 5-0, then it was on to play the Indians won first 2 gms of series 5-4, and 2-1. In a 3 way tie for 1st place tie with the Yankees and Orioles. AVG. L.Scott 389, Hits L.Scott, D.Jennings 7, HR.B.Zorbrist,M.Joyce 2, RBI.D.Jennings, M.Joyce 4.

thats funny i just started the Rays series and it was like a boxing match in the last few innings, Scott hit a game tying HR off Perez in the 9th to make it 2-2 but i scored 2 in the 10 to win 4-3 (gave up 1 in the bottom of the 10th)
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #27
Banned

I'm guessing your a fan of one of the two Chicago teams?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:47 PM   #28
MVP

kmoser's Arena

OVR: 15

I have always loved the franchise thread. I am waiting for the OSFM roster but after that I will update some of my Astros 'chise on here.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #29
Rookie

trevdeez09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribefan33
lost game 3 to Toronto 4-3. Myers gave up a run each of the first 3 innings then i pulled him for Jimenez who gave up just 1 in the last 4, scored 3 runs in the 8th, 2 came off Carlos Santanas second HR of the year but just fell short in the 9th with runners at 1st and 2nd and 2 out Brantley grounded out
let me know how your rotation is doing. im thru 5 games (masterson, myers, jimenez, mccallister, bauer) and all 5 of them got rocked. what level are you pitching on?
Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #30
Rookie

Started my Cubs chise last night using rosters I found called "majors". They aren't full minors but did have quite a few of the big name prospects so just went with that.

Spring Training:

What I usually do at spring training is I sim 2 weeks, and then cut from 40 to 35, and then sim another 2 weeks and cut from 30 to my 25 around the last day. I feel like this gives some of my guys a chance to crack the roster. It would be ideal to play all spring training games but I can't seem to do that. So after cutting in spring training, my roster/rotation looks like this:

SP:

Garza
Samardjia
Jackson
Baker
Wood

In The Pen:

Villanueva
The japeneze guy lol(im at work and can't remember his name)
Marmol
Shawn Camp
Vizcaino
Russell
and one other younger guy who happened to have a good spring so I left him in the bigs.

Position Players:

Wellington Castillo
Dionaro Navarro
Anthony Rizzo
Darwin Barney
Starlin Castro
Luis Valbuena
Ian Stewart
Alfonso Soriano
David Dejesus
Nate Scherholtz
Scott Hairston
Tony Campana

First game was against the Pirates on opening day. Garza against Mcdonald. I was very surprised that I was not only very patient at the plate and drew several walks, but I also actually walked a few Pirates. The game was scoreless and hitless in the 4th for both teams, when Alfonso Soriano doubled off the wall to drive in Rizzo who had walked in the previous at bat. In the 5th, with a 1-0 game still, Gaby Sanchez hit a three run home run for the Pirates giving them the 3-1 lead. Garza left after the 6th inning down 3-1, but my bats finally came alive, with Ian Stewart hitting a 3 run home run to make it 4-3. Starlin Castro also drove in a sac fly this inning to make it 5-3. Vizcaino pitched the 7th & 8th innings, giving up a run but striking out 4. Kid has nasty pitches, but must work on his control. Marmol came in and struck out the side in the 9th to pick up his first save and give the Cubs an opening day win.

Excited to go home tonight and get a couple more games in. I plan to play every 5th game, that way I am starting with different pitchers each time and getting through the season at a decent rate. By starting every 5th game , I will only 32 games a season rather than 162.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:09 PM   #31
Rookie

Anybody start up a Franchise with just the FIRST roster update and will continue going with it? OR is their a BETTER roster we can download in the vaults if we don't want to wait for OS?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #32
Rookie

PhillyWhat2011's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcabrera13
Anybody start up a Franchise with just the FIRST roster update and will continue going with it? OR is their a BETTER roster we can download in the vaults if we don't want to wait for OS?

Good question!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »