Home

MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
There always seems to be issues initially. I played a lot of DD in MLB 12. In 13 I couldn't get through a DD game without a disconnect. Any game with a friend seemed to be laggy, but I probably played a 150 "Play Now" games and it worked great the vast majority of the time. I usually just play some RTTS for a couple weeks until online gets sorted. I was suprised they implemented online franchise. I would be curious to know the actual number of online leagues that make it into season 2. I would think a multplayer mode like DD/RTTS meets EASHL would make more sense, but with the stability issues I won't hold my breath on that one. The Show is one of my favorite games, but I haven't been motivated to purchase yet.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:47 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Online Play a Swing and a Miss at Launch

The stuff happening now is truly bizarre. Warping players, players being called safe but are actually recorded as outs, strikes down the middle being called balls, just weird stuff that I've never seen before. The worst of course is the complete freeze/lock up that occurs in 1 out of 4 games for me. So much for an accurate W/L record online

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #35
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by allgames
The stuff happening now is truly bizarre. Warping players, players being called safe but are actually recorded as outs, strikes down the middle being called balls, just weird stuff that I've never seen before. The worst of course is the complete freeze/lock up that occurs in 1 out of 4 games for me. So much for an accurate W/L record online

lol is this after the latest maintenance??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #36
Rookie

This was yesterday.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #37
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

http://forums.theshownation.com/show...486#post207486

Quote:
News: April 10 Server Update Changelist

We are performing a SERVER MAINTENANCE on Thursday April 10 at 3am PDT. Please refrain from online games at that time.

Here are changes in this update (please know we are still working on addressing other issues):
Game::
1. Challenge payouts to the creator are corrected.
2. In Online Franchise, we now prevent users from putting injured players back on the mlb roster using the Auto Fix feature.
3. League standings default sort changed to games back ascending.
4. Balks defaulted to OFF on Play Now games when users are set to Any.
5. Diamond Dynasty: Prevent users from recycling or activating cards in their sell orders.
6. Added position filter for RTTS leaderboard.
7. Fixed simulator issues in Online Franchises.
8. Ticker now shows ERA instead of earned runs. This is for the MLB.com bottom ticker in the Frontend.
9. Online Franchise stats tweaked. Sim stats for both batting and pitching should be pretty close to what we're seeing in Offline Franchise and in real life. The ratio stats, such as BA, ERA and WHIP, will be almost identical. The counting stats, such as AB, HR and K, will be a little higher because of the way we handle Energy online (players don't get any days off).

TheShowNation::
1. Added different emblems for community challenge creators.
2. General style fixes in community challenges, bug reports, market place, road to the show and home page.

Online Gameplay Fixes are still in progress and we are working as hard and diligently as possible to address the issues. We are not happy with the inconsistency of online gameplay, same as you. We truly appreciate your patience as we work through what we believe will become a better gameplay experience.

Thank you,
The Show team
Old 04-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #38
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5
I don't think the OP was right in comparing the 2K14 online issues with the MLB the Show issues. NBA 2k14 was totally unplayable online,and sometimes even offline. Gameplay modes modes were not working, there was no access to saved data with servers "acting up", frequent disconnects , no connection at all, the Park was abysmal and unfinished, and then there was the general 2k server down message many got for weeks at a time.

The Show's online issues are mere glitches by comparison, It ONLY took a week for the "first patch" update and people still have the offline modes to play with, unaffected by server issues, until some of the issues were resolved.

I have much more confidence in Sony fixing The Show to bring us what we've come to expect out of an online sports game, than I ever did for the 2K online issues.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:26 PM   #39
Rookie

ncaajunkie's Arena

OVR: 2

Finally got chance to play a game online. I heard people complain about online so I wanted to experience it. Full 9 innings no QC. These three games were online ranked against random people. First game I was the braves and they had Seattle. His first batter grounded out and he quit. Ok I'll try again. Next game I picked the braves and the game started and he picked the braves also. Great now he asked for a friendly quit and I accepted. Third game I picked the braves and he was the Oakland. The game had so many warping animations on running the bases and catching fly balls it was frustrating. I won 5-4 it was a crazy back and forth game.

Can you not see who you are playing when picking teams? Am I missing something? Every sports game in the history of sports games has had two teams, two users picking and selecting teams at the same time.

I will wait for a online patch to come out before I play online again.
Old 04-12-2014, 06:31 PM   #40
Rookie

I don't mind not seeing the opponent or opposing team selected at first because people just quit if they don't like the matchup and it's tough to find someone to play. I do wish we could select No Same Team Matchups. I don't like playing clones. The warping is so frustrating because balls look like they are passing causing you to round a base only to be called out by a player magically appearing at the base. There are also players called safe but are actually out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »