Home

Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic

This is a discussion on Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 AM   #33
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Back to Default All Star... It's fantastic

I am seeing better results on default hitting all star pitching HOF than I did with other slider sets. Even with errors on default, I am seeing just as many or more than the slider sets that increase them. I think part of this is due to the slider sets that lower baserunning speed which I imagine may have some affect on errors due to the fielder's urgency. Other than raising injuries, I do not see the need to mess with any of the sliders.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:51 PM   #34
Rookie

MannybeingManny's Arena

OVR: 1

I couldn't agree more. I have never used someone else slider set and said to myself "I'm glad I did that " it's always a question of what level I want to play on. What are you using for hitting and pitching? I'm rolling with all star zone and hall of fame meter.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:12 PM   #35
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
I couldn't agree more. I have never used someone else slider set and said to myself "I'm glad I did that " it's always a question of what level I want to play on. What are you using for hitting and pitching? I'm rolling with all star zone and hall of fame meter.
All Star directional and Hall of Fame classic. I think sliders can serve a purpose (especially when there's issues like there was with HR power) but now I don't see the need for them. Messing with baserunning speed or fielder speed led to issues for me that I don't see on default.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2017, 08:54 AM   #36
Pro

BigOrangeVol4Life's Arena

OVR: 0

I bought this game yesterday after holding out for the roster downloads, patches, sliders, etc. I'm going to try out these out of the box settings on all-star. Is there a roster download you'd recommend more than another? Would you go with OSFM version 2.5, 2.8, or the hybrid? Does it have any effect or is it just a matter of preference?
Old 06-25-2017, 01:36 AM   #37
Pro

No.27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
All Star directional and Hall of Fame classic. I think sliders can serve a purpose (especially when there's issues like there was with HR power) but now I don't see the need for them. Messing with baserunning speed or fielder speed led to issues for me that I don't see on default.
I'm in! All Star Hitting/Pitching Directional/Classic. I've gone around in circles this year and have come all the way back to Default. Thanks for the suggestion and resurrecting this thread. Now I have to see if I can stop reading the slider forum
Old 06-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #38
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by No.27
I'm in! All Star Hitting/Pitching Directional/Classic. I've gone around in circles this year and have come all the way back to Default. Thanks for the suggestion and resurrecting this thread. Now I have to see if I can stop reading the slider forum
No prob, the less complicated, the better!
Old 07-14-2017, 12:36 PM   #39

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

How's all default All-Star working for everyone still? I find myself in slider hell at the moment with 3 different ideas of slider adjustments and no idea which way to go. In some ways I'd almost rather rock default and just let the chips fall where they may, granted I'd probably be pitching on HOF default over All-Star but would be hitting on All-Star still. That brings me to my next question, anyone run all default HOF for pitching and if so how did it go? Was the CPU too good at hitting your pitching with it on HOF?
Old 07-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
How's all default All-Star working for everyone still? I find myself in slider hell at the moment with 3 different ideas of slider adjustments and no idea which way to go. In some ways I'd almost rather rock default and just let the chips fall where they may, granted I'd probably be pitching on HOF default over All-Star but would be hitting on All-Star still. That brings me to my next question, anyone run all default HOF for pitching and if so how did it go? Was the CPU too good at hitting your pitching with it on HOF?
Working great for me, granted I hit on veteran and drop timing to 2, and CPU consistency to 3 to reduce balls down the middle, but everything else on default except injury (6) and wind (4) and loving it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »