Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #2161

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Sta

For those that are pretty far into their franchise, how is regression looking? I've noticed that Cruz and Cano have fallen off a cliff even though both are hitting and hitting well, I thought regression was more based on performance then anything but seeing Cruz losing 8-10 points in multiple categories while hitting over .300 with 30 HR's and nearly 90 RBI's despite missing 2 months seems to say otherwise. I was going to look around the league when I fire it up today to see what's happening to other older veterans but figured I'd see what others are noticing. I considered editing ratings back to where they were depending on what I see around the league, although that feels cheap, but at the same time if aging veterans putting up worse stats aren't declining at this rate then my guys shouldn't be falling off a cliff during the season when they are putting up All-Star caliber numbers. Any ideas as to how to fix regression on our own by anyone that might have already tackled the problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #2162
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Regression is terrible and it's another thing they need to look at tweaking. Holliday lost double digit attributes points in darn near every category despite hitting .293/.362/.424 with 17 homers and 80 RBI. I didn't do anything to correct it but if I had to do it again, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 10:53 AM   #2163
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

I finally got my 1st W with these sliders. I played the White Sox and Quintna came out with a non contact head injury.

I got to their bullpen and started raking. I went 5-5 with with 2 homers with Austin Romine.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #2164

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Regression is terrible and it's another thing they need to look at tweaking. Holliday lost double digit attributes points in darn near every category despite hitting .293/.362/.424 with 17 homers and 80 RBI. I didn't do anything to correct it but if I had to do it again, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the way I'm leaning right now, correcting it that is. Nelson Cruz is due to regress since he's something like 36 I believe but it shouldn't be across the board. I could see losing durability, speed, maybe some power but for vision and discipline to drop 10 points each seems a bit much. Guys don't get dumber as they age they lose physical skills, some gradually and some quickly, but with the stats he's putting up I'd think his hitting ratings would be more of a gradual decrease instead of just plummeting.

Robinson Cano is only 33 and he is declining at the same rate meanwhile he too is hitting above .300 yet vision and discpline are erroding quickly. His range dropping a bit makes sense as with age he won't have the same quick reflexes on balls in the hole but he won't suddenly become a free swinger who strikes out a ton either. It just doesn't make a ton of sense in the overall scheme of things as I thought regression was more stats based as opposed to age based but this seems to say otherwise.

If you had it to do over, what would you do exactly? I hate to simply put Cruz back at his opening day ratings line but they've dropped so much I'm unsure how to fix them without it being cheesy at the same time. Having said that, I will do it for any aging veteran around the league that has good stats yet a steep decline in ratings so it wouldn't just be something I did to benefit myself.

EDIT - One idea I had was to boost any declined rating by half of what it declined. So if Cruz dropped 10 points in vision then I raise it by 5, still shows that age is starting to catch up to him but not by the gigantic decrease the game feels is accurate. That make logical sense at all?

Another odd player is Jean Segura. He is only 27, he is hitting approx. .310 yet his overall is dropping and has been for over a month of my season regardless of him putting up extremely good numbers. I know if a player's overall rating is above their system generated rating for potential that they will decline regardless (look no further then James Paxton who is dropping in rating even though he isn't 30 yet but because his potential is lower then his overall he is dropping anyways) but seeing Segura drop at 27 while putting up All-Star numbers doesn't make a ton of sense either. He's got roughly 15 HR's, 55 RBI's, 60 or so runs scored and 30+ doubles while stealing 10 bags to go along with that .310+ average so his drop doesn't seem logical.

Last edited by The Chef; 06-18-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 AM   #2165

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb12780
I finally got my 1st W with these sliders. I played the White Sox and Quintna came out with a non contact head injury.

I got to their bullpen and started raking. I went 5-5 with with 2 homers with Austin Romine.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Nice, these sliders certainly challenge the hell out of me and it doesn't help that I have trouble figuring out the mechanics of classic pitching this year. Having said that I played the Angels and Felix turned in his best performance since April so even though my bullpen blew the lead and I lost 5-2 I knew I had something going. Second game Sonny Gray came out and pitched a gem only allowing 2 hits over 7 IP in route to a 5-2 victory. Then the gas can that is James Paxton went out and **** the bed thanks to his terrible control and I lost that game 5-2 but I finally feel like I'm getting a grasp on pitching.

And yes, you read that right, I had 3 straight games end with a 5-2 final score lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #2166

The Chef's Arena

I went around the league and was checking aging vets to see if they had the same steep decline and oddly enough I haven't found anyone that does. The worst I've seen so far is Cole Hamels went down approx. 4-5 points in a lot of categories but for every Hamels there is someone like Ryan Braun who somehow gained 9 points in power vs LHP while being 33. I wonder if the steep declines only apply to user controlled teams or if the CPU is doing something training wise to offset it that we aren't doing as even guys like Beltran at 39 y/o didn't even have the steep decline that Cano and Cruz had and he's older then both and putting up stats nowhere near as good. I know Cano and Cruz are higher so they have more to drop off in by sheer numbers but here's another one. Justin Turner is 32 and the only ratings that changed are -1 to Con vs LHP and a +1 to Power vs LHP, everything else remained the same. He's putting up solid numbers .304/.371/.545 with 23 HR's and 60 RBI's but Cano is putting up .297/.372/.523 with 16 HR's and 51 RBI's in 36 fewer games and is only 1 year Turner's senior so to have him drop as badly as he has makes even less sense when comparing it to Turner. I mention Turner since he is rated a 88 so he has just as much room to drop as Cano does.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:00 PM   #2167
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

I asked in the main forum, but thought I'd ask here since I trust you guys more then that loon bin out in crazy land. If I have a SP in the LR slot and have him spot start like a #6 guy, will he lose/recover energy like a SP or like a reliever? I have stanimas at Starters 6 and relievers 4.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 06-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #2168
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I asked in the main forum, but thought I'd ask here since I trust you guys more then that loon bin out in crazy land. If I have a SP in the LR slot and have him spot start like a #6 guy, will he lose/recover energy like a SP or like a reliever? I have stanimas at Starters 6 and relievers 4.
I could be wrong on this so everybody correct me if I am. I have Robert Gsellman as my LRP for the Mets because they don't really have a true LRP. I've noticed if I put him in from the bullpen his stamina is treated like a reliever. My workaround is, if you want your spot starter's stamina to reflect an actual starter, you have to actually put him in the rotation. I then put the guy he is replacing in the bullpen and just don't use him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »