Home

MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight 3/31 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:03 PM   #81
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
When I get done with a game I can usually just get 10 dollars for trading it in so it's not really that big of a deal for me. Going digital or physical they will both take up the same amount of space on your HDD. I have started just buying digital since I can pre-load the entire game and play right at midnight.
I've gotten pretty good trade in deals ..especially when I started dealing with BB and their 100% extra deals.
Add that to the fact I can get the disk copy for 48.00 (or collectors ed for 55.00) and no way I go digital.
I will never go digital for sports games anyways and won't go many digital until there's a financial gain to do so to offset the lack of trade in ability.

It's fine for those that say they never trade game's in though..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #82
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: MLB 15 The Show Available Now on PlayStation Store - Pre-Load & Play At Midnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Keep pausing and starting the download, it will open up and download in a few minutes. I have no idea why it works but it does.
I can vouch for this. I have Cox internet and when my download starts to slow down, I pause it for a few seconds then restart it and it really speeds up.

Might be completely due to their silly "Powerboost" thing (speeds up the first 90 seconds of a big download) and I'm just fooling it, but it works.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 AM   #83
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Can we get the special edition via digital? Of course this is assuming we won't get that special steel book and cover. I'd like to play at midnight and avoid the hassle of changing discs, but I still think the perks of the special edition is worth the extra 10 bucks.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #84
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
Can we get the special edition via digital? Of course this is assuming we won't get that special steel book and cover. I'd like to play at midnight and avoid the hassle of changing discs, but I still think the perks of the special edition is worth the extra 10 bucks.
Yes... in case I didn't make it clear enough in my OP... I pre ordered the special edition digitally.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I can vouch for this. I have Cox internet and when my download starts to slow down, I pause it for a few seconds then restart it and it really speeds up.

Might be completely due to their silly "Powerboost" thing (speeds up the first 90 seconds of a big download) and I'm just fooling it, but it works.
Don't you despise Cox? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 AM   #86
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
I still haven't bought into the whole digital delivery system yet. Developers are differently milking that path for extra profits. If I was still in high school or college, maybe I'd go with it because of the whole midnight thing. That being said, these games are never discounted. There are so many games, especially sports, where any Gamestop or Target sells it for $40 already and digitally it's still $60.

Also, has it been confirmed that it's midnight per your location? If it is midnight pacific, there will be a lot of unhappy east coast people. Also, there was no technical issues last year. PSN just doesn't update its store until later in the day.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:07 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I still haven't bought into the whole digital delivery system yet. Developers are differently milking that path for extra profits. If I was still in high school or college, maybe I'd go with it because of the whole midnight thing. That being said, these games are never discounted. There are so many games, especially sports, where any Gamestop or Target sells it for $40 already and digitally it's still $60.

Also, has it been confirmed that it's midnight per your location? If it is midnight pacific, there will be a lot of unhappy east coast people. Also, there was no technical issues last year. PSN just doesn't update its store until later in the day.
It's Midnight your time. (Or even Midnight Eastern so West Coast people luck out). I will say my confirmation email for this said the expected play start time was 3/30 at 10PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #88
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10

actually it was technical problems because Sony admitted it and apologized and gave us all a $10 gift, which was great from them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »