Home

MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: Diamond Dynasty Revamp Reception is Mixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Well I was (poorly) referring to the methods of acquiring good players and how the devs have been pretty adverse to having any kind of pay-to-win or coin/currency farming in their games.

EA and Take-Two make big money on these modes because of microtransactions, but I've been under the impression that The Show team had taken a firm stance against microtransactions and pay-to-win models. But maybe that has changed? It didn't seem like it after watching the stream - there was no incentive to buy packs with real money since every game mode apparently gives points that can be used for diamond dynasty.
EA does the same thing in FIFA and NHL. In being able to get the currency by playing any game mode. In NHL it is the same currency as online. And in FIFA through the catalogue you can buy coins for that mode. I don't know if they changed anything Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 08:03 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I am in the group that has no intention of touching DD and it probably does not matter what they do to improve the mode; it is not just my cup of tea.

I am an exclusive franhcise mode player.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:17 PM   #27
Rookie

Take DD out and use the time to put some career stats in.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:29 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

To all of those posting taking DD out replacing it with X. I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Alright. Let's take out Franchise mode. And focus all of our time putting in create a stadium that can only be used for DD.

Not saying that is what I want. But come on people play the mode, and some enjoy it if you don't just say No and no matter what is done to the mode I will never play it.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:54 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Take DD out and use the time to put some career stats in.
This plus improve analog hitting instead of making it worse.
Old 02-18-2015, 08:59 PM   #30
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Well I was (poorly) referring to the methods of acquiring good players and how the devs have been pretty adverse to having any kind of pay-to-win or coin/currency farming in their games.

EA and Take-Two make big money on these modes because of microtransactions, but I've been under the impression that The Show team had taken a firm stance against microtransactions and pay-to-win models. But maybe that has changed? It didn't seem like it after watching the stream - there was no incentive to buy packs with real money since every game mode apparently gives points that can be used for diamond dynasty.
SCEA doesn't seem to be as stingy as 2K and EA when it comes to the packs and points you get after games, but they were still working on the numbers. This mode has done a total 180 and so it'll take a few years until we get into where they could make some really good money for themselves.

A small example. Taken from how NBA2K15 has throwback Thursday, where you get a throwback card from current players, SCEA can do an throwback MVP day where you could get a chance to pull a Howard '06, Justin Morneau '06, Joey Votto '11 or whoever they choose for that week. Maybe have a weekly pack where its one HOF/MVP player like 2004 Vlad Guerrero or 1999 Chipper Jones.

Point being, the people who dive deep into DD will be the ones willing to spend extra money if SCEA makes it enticing enough. They have a lot of history on their side to make this mode work. Making more money can only be a good thing for a smaller dev like Sony San Diego.
Old 02-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #31
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Would much rather have retractable roofs than improved Diamond Dynasty crap. I've only asked for a roof open and a roof closed version of Minute Maid Park for 7 years now!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2015, 09:32 PM   #32
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Would much rather have retractable roofs than improved Diamond Dynasty crap. I've only asked for a roof open and a roof closed version of Minute Maid Park for 7 years now!
DD = Money. Roof open or closed = well not money.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »