Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 05-16-2015, 07:05 PM   #201
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Except that still doesnt make sense. The game is supposed to be realistic. 1 team in the last 5 years willingly started more that 4 pitchers in the playoffs. STL, SF and Cincy all did it in 2012. Cueto got hurt in his first start and Cincy had to go with a 5th guy. Same for STL and Jaime Garcia. SF went with 5 because Timmy sucked. That is 3 of 40 teams since 20 teams that used more than 4 starting pitchers.

And sure it would be fine if after 5 days the pitcher had say 75% of his energy back. But he doesnt. Its not even half at times. Your pitcher would be out of energy by the 3rd or 4th and then you are pitching at a disadvantage.

Now i havent went and looked at how many inning those guys were pitching for the teams that never used more than 4. But ill damn sure take the time if i have to.

Yeah I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's just a possible reason they're doing it that way. The screenshots or video I saw showed about 75% stamina for a pitcher with 5 days rest, but I guess it's not like that all the time.

If pitcher's don't even get half their stamina back after 5 days, then that is more of a problem than I thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #202
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

How are you guys testing this?

I've run about a half dozen post seasons now....3 man rotations(by manually skipping the 4th pitcher....wish they would allow 3 man rotations to be set) and I've had good energy replacement with most pitchers going 6/7 innings and being nearly full 5 or 6 days later. Nobody so far I've seen needed 9 days for full recovery.

I let Balt/Bos go with 4 man rotations for their series and the game 1 SP were full for game 5....Tillman and Lester with 6.0 IP in game 1.

I simmed Bal/Bos and Minn/LA and manually entered Wash/Ari and N.Y./St. L Harvey went 8.0 IP and was ready full 6 days later. I probably could have pitched him if needed in game 4 or 5.(sweep by Mets)
Gonzalez pitched 8.0 for Washington...2 days later was 50%.....

Once I entered the game....I then used the FF opiton(not end game) to sim out the rest of the game....

I am going to check how adjusting the SP fatigue slider effects this......

Perhaps they could slightly increase the energy gain per day off....but I guess I could see where they are adding to the "pressure" of playoffs and multiple games pitched late in the year with less days off.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #203
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
How are you guys testing this?

I've run about a half dozen post seasons now....3 man rotations(by manually skipping the 4th pitcher....wish they would allow 3 man rotations to be set) and I've had good energy replacement with most pitchers going 6/7 innings and being nearly full 5 or 6 days later. Nobody so far I've seen needed 9 days for full recovery.

I let Balt/Bos go with 4 man rotations for their series and the game 1 SP were full for game 5....Tillman and Lester with 6.0 IP in game 1.

I simmed Bal/Bos and Minn/LA and manually entered Wash/Ari and N.Y./St. L Harvey went 8.0 IP and was ready full 6 days later. I probably could have pitched him if needed in game 4 or 5.(sweep by Mets)
Gonzalez pitched 8.0 for Washington...2 days later was 50%.....

Once I entered the game....I then used the FF opiton(not end game) to sim out the rest of the game....

I am going to check how adjusting the SP fatigue slider effects this......

Perhaps they could slightly increase the energy gain per day off....but I guess I could see where they are adding to the "pressure" of playoffs and multiple games pitched late in the year with less days off.

M.K.
Knight165
When i tested i play the first game of the division series then start the rest of the games and FF till the end. I have noticed that when i FF or just sim the players arent losing the same amount of stamina as when i pitch every inning. Pitcher A and B have 90 stamina. I pitch with Pitcher A for 7 innings and he has say 20% energy left. If i FF with Pitcher B and he goes 7 innings he may have 50%+ energy left. Need to check it out a little more though.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #204
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
When i tested i play the first game of the division series then start the rest of the games and FF till the end. I have noticed that when i FF or just sim the players arent losing the same amount of stamina as when i pitch every inning. Pitcher A and B have 90 stamina. I pitch with Pitcher A for 7 innings and he has say 20% energy left. If i FF with Pitcher B and he goes 7 innings he may have 50%+ energy left. Need to check it out a little more though.
Interesting. Which pitching interface are you using? I wonder if that has something to do with it too... I'm in 2018 (11 games in) of my franchise, but I didn't reach the playoffs in 2017 (I carried over to MLB 15 in late-September of 2017), so I haven't experienced the rotation changes yet in this year's game.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #205
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Interesting. Which pitching interface are you using? I wonder if that has something to do with it too... I'm in 2018 (11 games in) of my franchise, but I didn't reach the playoffs in 2017 (I carried over to MLB 15 in late-September of 2017), so I haven't experienced the rotation changes yet in this year's game.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk
Im using classic.

Just started up another test and simmed the first game of the NLDS LAD vs MIA. Kershaw goes 9 innings and has 50%+ stamina left. Cant say for sure how many pitches he threw but it had to be enough that his energy shouldnt be that high.

Spoiler

Starting the game and using FF. Kershaw at 131 pitches with likes 33% energy left.

Spoiler

So from what i can tell. If you sim from the calender screen. Or enter game and FF then the pitcher doesnt lose as much energy as playing the game so they can recover for their next start. But if you play they cant recover in time. And its happening every time for me.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 05-16-2015 at 08:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2015, 08:51 PM   #206
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0

Does anyone think they'll release another patch? Was this one the third patch?
Old 05-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #207
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB14
Does anyone think they'll release another patch? Was this one the third patch?
Yes, this was the third patch.

And in my opinion, I don't think we will see another patch. I think they will now shift focus to next year's version of the game.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-16-2015, 10:19 PM   #208
Pro

MLB14's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Yes, this was the third patch.

And in my opinion, I don't think we will see another patch. I think they will now shift focus to next year's version of the game.
I just really hope they're aware of the player lock issue for next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »