Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-17-2015, 12:03 PM   #217
MVP

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

We need to know pitch effort as well....I use classic pitching and rarely use full pitch effort with my starters. Save it for closers mostly and even then I use it rarely.

I also every year bump the starter stamina slider to combat guys being tired after 100 pitch outings in their last start.

I'd love to see if they would ever share the formula for stamina loss and stamina gain on rest.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:13 PM   #218
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
Thanks man. I'm actually a little confused by this whole thing because nobody is showing an apples-to-apples comparison. I may actually just do this myself so I can weigh in on the subject.

What I'd ideally like to see is game one of the playoffs where the starter has full stamina. I'd like to see how he looks in a 4 man rotation on his next start after a sim (ideally forcing the starter to go very deep into the game one sim), and then how he looks over the same situation on his second start after physically playing game one instead (ideally pitching the same approximated amount of pitches from the simmed game one).

Has anyone posted THAT comparison because that really would be the only way to look at this objectively.
I just used Kershaw and went 9 innings in game 1....133 pitches
Pulse...HOF....and I was just rifling through...not really paying attention. I buzzed through with 11 K's and 2 BB's.
I went with the SP stamina slider at max to check it out. Plenty in the tank even at the end of game.....at least 20% on his stamina bar.

Next day he was at about 40% energy bar.....then about 50% the following.....then an off day where I couldn't see.....the fourth day(game 3) he was about 70%(?) tough to tell...and I ****ed up. I didn't realize it was a 5 game series and we were up 2-0....I didn't save so I didn't get to see his stamina for game 4!!!

I gotta try later.

I think using the SP slider will work for guys that are having issues with this.(thankfully there is a HUM and CPU slider for this)

But this is still going to need looking at.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 05-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #219
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

OVR: 0

I just played as the Orioles vs the Tigers in the playoffs, 5 game series, Allstar everything and meter pitching, I used Tillman 1st game, I did sim batting but i pitched, I took Tillman out after it looked like his green bar was about 40%, He pitched 78 pitches, Simmed the rest of the game, Then simmed day by day to see the energy progress, By game 5 Tillman was not fully rested, I believe if i counted correctly that is 7 days between starts and not fully rested, So i win the first series, Move on to play the angels, 90 pitches, Same exact thing except in a 7 game series, Tillman was not rested by the 8th day which if i remember was the 6th game. Pitch effort was usually in the yellow rarely in red except certain pitches on occasion. Also i used the regular 5 man rotation.

Last edited by Go Yankees; 05-17-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: More info
Old 05-17-2015, 02:30 PM   #220
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffy
We need to know pitch effort as well....I use classic pitching and rarely use full pitch effort with my starters. Save it for closers mostly and even then I use it rarely.

I also every year bump the starter stamina slider to combat guys being tired after 100 pitch outings in their last start.

I'd love to see if they would ever share the formula for stamina loss and stamina gain on rest.
That was why I asked what pitching interface everyone was using. That crossed my mind when there was a difference between simming and playing.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

YouTube

Old 05-17-2015, 02:46 PM   #221
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

It is very questionable why things that were not broken last year were changed for franchise mode this year. I mean it's the same mode there wasn't a huge overhaul or anything.

- Pitcher progression being broken after a handful of years causing 99 rated pitchers and underinflated batting stats.

- Pitcher stamina in playoffs

- Weather being static and not changing according to place/schedule

These are big head scratchers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2015, 03:58 PM   #222
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Im gonna record my testing. Using quick counts Ill play game 1 with Kershaw since he has the most durability of the pitchers in the playoffs. Ill then sim games 2-4 from the calendar saving after the 3rd so i can make sure there is a game 5. After that part i will go back and enter game 2-4 and FF to the end to see if it makes a difference. Anything else i should try?
Old 05-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #223
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
How are you guys testing this?

I've run about a half dozen post seasons now....3 man rotations(by manually skipping the 4th pitcher....wish they would allow 3 man rotations to be set) and I've had good energy replacement with most pitchers going 6/7 innings and being nearly full 5 or 6 days later. Nobody so far I've seen needed 9 days for full recovery.

I let Balt/Bos go with 4 man rotations for their series and the game 1 SP were full for game 5....Tillman and Lester with 6.0 IP in game 1.

I simmed Bal/Bos and Minn/LA and manually entered Wash/Ari and N.Y./St. L Harvey went 8.0 IP and was ready full 6 days later. I probably could have pitched him if needed in game 4 or 5.(sweep by Mets)
Gonzalez pitched 8.0 for Washington...2 days later was 50%.....

Once I entered the game....I then used the FF opiton(not end game) to sim out the rest of the game....

I am going to check how adjusting the SP fatigue slider effects this......

Perhaps they could slightly increase the energy gain per day off....but I guess I could see where they are adding to the "pressure" of playoffs and multiple games pitched late in the year with less days off.

M.K.
Knight165
Hmm
I had a 5 man rotation when I entered the playoffs. Maybe the size of the rotation affects the rate of the recovery?

No idea.
I didn't "test" it. I only played through the playoffs on my own. All I know is that I used Matt Harvey for game 1 of the NLDS, and I made it to game 5 of the NLDS and he still was not anywhere near usable (definitely below 60%), and I was forced to use my 5th man.
There was a very noticeable drop in the speed with which pitchers recover on non-pitching days, compared to the regular season. If you don't experience this same issue, then maybe there is more to this.

Edit: I think I still have a file in the cloud that has me before the playoffs. I can go back and play around with things, and post screenshots and whatnot...

Knight... try testing it again but with 5 people in your starting rotation the entire time? The more I think about it, the more I think this is where the bug is.

Last edited by Bobhead; 05-17-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #224
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Alright decided against using Kershaw. I would throw 100+ pitches and he would be at like 40% energy every time.

102 pitches, Just under 20% energy left.

Energy after advancing the day to game 2. Just under 30%.

Energy after advancing to game 3 with an off day. Just under 50%. (Gaining 10% back every day??)

Energy after advancing to game 4. Just under 60%. (10% seems to be right)

Energy after advancing to game 5 with an off day. Just under 80% Scheduled to pitch.

So Strasburg gets back 10% of his energy every day. Game 1 was October 8th. Game 5 was October 15th. He would need 2 more days to get back to just under full energy.

Is it manageable yes. Raise the stamina slider and you take care of it if as long as you stay within the same pitch count as you usually would. But we shouldnt have to do that. And 10% back every day is to low. Now maybe that is just Strasburg with his 62 durability? ill try another pitcher and see how it goes.

And it was the same regardless of there being 4 or 5 guys in the rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »