Home

MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2015, 12:53 PM   #33
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRev
I have asked around the forums but it seems nobody else has this particular problem but me but what the heck I'll ask anyway. I use the triggers for base running instead of the other method and every single time I have a man on any base and hit a line drive, blooper or a rocket through the gap my base runners always dive back to whatever base that they are on and its frustrating as heck ! I hit into so many fielders choices its not funny . I assume nobody else has this problem because they use the stick and pad method
Hmmmm I don't think there's a full manual option for baserunning just the semi-auto. Maybe it's set to "auto" and is doing that? I would check in your gameplay options.

If that's not what it is, I'm not sure what it will be. Sometimes baserunners on first hold up a split second to avoid being hit by the ball when it's hit through the right side but that's the only situation I can think of. I mostly use the trigger to advance all baserunners as well (I'll use buttons when trying to get a specific guy to move up of course) so I don't think we do things much differently.
Old 08-19-2015, 03:36 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Hmmmm I don't think there's a full manual option for baserunning just the semi-auto. Maybe it's set to "auto" and is doing that? I would check in your gameplay options.

If that's not what it is, I'm not sure what it will be. Sometimes baserunners on first hold up a split second to avoid being hit by the ball when it's hit through the right side but that's the only situation I can think of. I mostly use the trigger to advance all baserunners as well (I'll use buttons when trying to get a specific guy to move up of course) so I don't think we do things much differently.
When I play they will literally dive back to the base and finally they figure out they can run but only after dusting there selves off and by then its too late. I don't use default base running , could never get the hang of it I have it set up with the L1 and L2 triggers with the button and directional pad to move individual runners . with this I am stuck with the "better dive back to base " animation but still a little easier than the other base running for me. I'm sorry its really hard to explain I wish I knew how to upload a video to just show everyone what I'm talking about
Old 08-24-2015, 04:21 PM   #35
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Dive tagging seems to be improved but there are still some instances where it just doesn't make sense. I know Buster Posey has poor baserunning attributes but this still shouldn't happen. It was a sweet bloop hit over 1B too.

Successful Dive Tag due to unaware baserunning
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2015, 04:57 PM   #36
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Dive tagging seems to be improved but there are still some instances where it just doesn't make sense. I know Buster Posey has poor baserunning attributes but this still shouldn't happen. It was a sweet bloop hit over 1B too.

Successful Dive Tag due to unaware baserunning
I dunno, I think it's still a real problem overall. It happens most times at second base when they take the small turn, but you get nailed at first there as sometimes also happens. Between that and cutting animations short to go into a dive, I think it needs some serious love.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #37
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Last video for today

Non-tag at Home plate:

http://gfycat.com/MeagerMixedGannet
Old 08-24-2015, 06:16 PM   #38
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Last video for today

Non-tag at Home plate:

http://gfycat.com/MeagerMixedGannet
Ugh, yep frustrating but different problem. Is that worse than when the guy goes to make the tag and yet the game claims he didn't tag him?
Old 08-25-2015, 09:59 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

i hate when it looks like you got a hit and then it cuts to the fielder havin the ball and their being an out
Old 08-25-2015, 02:33 PM   #40
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degromination
i hate when it looks like you got a hit and then it cuts to the fielder havin the ball and their being an out
Not sure I know about this one. Or maybe I'm just not understanding right? Like the cut is just delayed?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »