Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2016, 08:10 PM   #41
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 16 jerseys Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I'm curious, you can mix and match the uniforms in The Show. Different hat, pants, jersey, etc. What i'm wondering is do all three items use their own slots or do the three item make up one slot?

If each uniform choice were limited to home / visitor / alt (hat, jersey, pant) no mixing and matching would this free up slots?

Hope I'm making sense.
That's not a bad idea. However, the jersey slots would still be limited to 10. Each hat and pants option has it's own slots. Basically they have 10 slots for hats, 10 for jerseys, and 10 for pants.

Using there current system, eliminating the mix/match option wouldn't free up any slots because they would still have to include the hats and pants sets.

It sounds to me like the issue isn't really slots, its the file size of the jerseys. I hope they find a way to make the file sizes smaller for next years game so we don't have these issues every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2016, 11:10 PM   #42
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The jerseys are easily the most neglected part of The Show, but no real surprises here.

- The decision not to include the Dbacks red and black alts in favor of the white/gray/teal alts is just ridiculous.

- The Cubs road alt was left out.

- The Padres new brown alt the shade of brown is way off.

However, they did add the new Brewers, Astros, and Phillies new alternates, so that's very nice to see. It's a mixed bag this year as far as jerseys go. I just hope in next years game that the jerseys get a bit more love.
This is pretty disappointing. They took out the CUBS road alt and basically subbed in the blue walking bear as the Road alt. So now there are two slots dedicated to the same jersey as the same blue walking bear is listed as the home alt. In all actuality the blue hasn't been worn in wrigley for years and that same blue uni is worn about 60% of the time on the road making it the defacto road uniform.

Oh well, at least the 82-89 roads are still in. I usually use those as my dark unis anyway. It's just frustrating as a Cubs fan to have like 2 slots dedicated to the exact same uni and 2 other slots dedicated to two very generic unis. Just 2 years ago for wrigley's 100th they had a lot of cool unis to chose from. I just wish a couple of thoses could have been subbed into to these slots. I'd love to see the baby blue pinstriped late 70s to 81 unis represented (I loved them on Ryno's fleer and donruss rookie cards).

Last edited by SFNiners816; 03-24-2016 at 11:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 11:36 PM   #43
Rookie

Arod2k9's Arena

OVR: 7

Very disappointed with uniform selection this year, no camo jersey for Padres? That's ridiculous and no cream Mariners?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2016, 01:16 AM   #44
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10

I really hate how some teams have a bp jersey that looks exactly like one of their Alts. Just replace one with another. I really love playing 90s or 80s era. I really wish each team has at least one from each era. Hopefully they can figure out a way to add more slots. I hate to admit but I would pay for a lot of missing jerseys. I'm sure others would to. 162 game season, so it's nice to have a nice selection.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:37 AM   #45
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
I really hate how some teams have a bp jersey that looks exactly like one of their Alts. Just replace one with another. I really love playing 90s or 80s era. I really wish each team has at least one from each era. Hopefully they can figure out a way to add more slots. I hate to admit but I would pay for a lot of missing jerseys. I'm sure others would to. 162 game season, so it's nice to have a nice selection.
At first glance you would think that would work. I had that thought too. Then I thought about the fact that they would still have to create all the new hats as well. It sucks that the new ST jerseys were revealed so late, that's not on SCEA at all.

They should have at least included the DBacks red jersey as a bp jersey since they revealed it as the new bp jersey back in December when they revealed the others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2016, 06:07 AM   #46
Rookie

masterchaoss's Arena

OVR: 0

It would be nice to change up the throwbacks from year to year I know there are some teams like the Rockies that don't have anything but it would be really nice to have the 50s Brooklyn Dodgers and New York Giants unis it would just be cool to have those and other throwbacks that are more associated with a team then whats be in the game for years. Like the Angels should have one of their sets as a CA Angeles set especially the ones form the 70s and 80s.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #47
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFNiners816
This is pretty disappointing. They took out the CUBS road alt and basically subbed in the blue walking bear as the Road alt. So now there are two slots dedicated to the same jersey as the same blue walking bear is listed as the home alt. In all actuality the blue hasn't been worn in wrigley for years and that same blue uni is worn about 60% of the time on the road making it the defacto road uniform.

Oh well, at least the 82-89 roads are still in. I usually use those as my dark unis anyway. It's just frustrating as a Cubs fan to have like 2 slots dedicated to the exact same uni and 2 other slots dedicated to two very generic unis. Just 2 years ago for wrigley's 100th they had a lot of cool unis to chose from. I just wish a couple of thoses could have been subbed into to these slots. I'd love to see the baby blue pinstriped late 70s to 81 unis represented (I loved them on Ryno's fleer and donruss rookie cards).
I just hope the style guide has the Cubs throwback uniforms right this year. Not having the names on the back of the road throwback and red numbers on the home kinda make them as bad as the blank throwback old. So for me this year I may be stuck with just their current uni's.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2016, 08:05 AM   #48
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know why they just release a DLC with uniforms or a patch, I would be happy t pay for more uniforms if the slots are the problem, guess they have a 9 motnhs cyle though

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »