Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2016, 11:01 AM   #865
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

Reminds me of the time I wanted to just get done with a pitcher's at bat. It was 2 out, none on.

So I fast forwarded to next half inning.

The man hit a HR.

I imagined the game rolling in my RAM laughing at me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2016, 04:46 PM   #866
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18

My 2016 Mets won the WS, beating the Dodgers, Cubs and finally the Tigers in the playoffs. It took a tenth inning HR to beat the Tigers in Game Seven of the WS. I let Duda and Walker walk. I made very few moves to change the team otherwise.

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 06-30-2016, 05:54 PM   #867
Rookie

zmoore8877's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll start posting updates in here by month, But first let me say I play every single game except spring training and I pitch on Hall Of fame and pat on All-Star. I am currently playing my 2015 carryover brewers team and the current season is august 27th of 2016. The first year I won 101 games and a first ever world series. Little update huge FA signing Jordan Zimmerman in 24 starts as a Brewer is 19-0 with a 1.37 ERA and 24 QS, he has thrown 8 CG and 6 SHO on 183.1 innings. he has allowed 127 hits 31 runs only 28 Earned, 10 HR 5 BB and 199 SO to generate a .72 WHIP. It's just amazing how awesome this guy is too pitch with!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:34 AM   #868
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

ALDS Game 1- 2018

Spoiler

ALDS Game 2 - 2018

Spoiler

ALDS Game 3 - 2018

Spoiler

ALDS Game 4 - 2018

Spoiler

ALDS Game 5 - 2018

Spoiler

Rest of Postseason
Spoiler

2018 World Series Champions
New York Mets

Off Season Look Ahead
Spoiler

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 07-01-2016 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #869
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

So I get to partake in the HR Derby as Miguel Sano is having an incredible season with 27 HR at the ASB. Round 1 I get paired up with Giancarlo Stanton who proceeds to hit 27 HR. I hit 17 which was respectable but damn...27? Stanton went on to win the derby.

Twins finally had a good showing at the All-Star game as well.

SP William Connors (reserve)
CL Sean Doolittle (reserve)
3B Miguel Sano (starter)
1B Justin Bour (starter)
LF Wil Myers (reserve)

I'll post some stats this evening if I can. After seasons of 72-73-76 wins I'm on pace for 100. The big acquisitions in the off season were bullpen arm Jeurys Familia and the bats of Gerardo Parra/Justin Bour. The heart of my lineup is the best in baseball at the moment. Myers/Sano/Bour are going to combine for 130+ HR together (projected). My pitching staff has been pretty good but our offense is so damn good we just score runs in bunches and hit a bunch of HR. After having team averages in the .250's for years 1-3 my team is currently hitting .280 and #1 in the MLB. We lead in AVG/HR/Runs/SLG. I think my record is 63-37 at the moment which is best in baseball.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 07-01-2016, 10:49 AM   #870
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

The Cardinals continue to struggle after the All-Star Break, with a record of 3-4. Hitting and pitching has both let down the Cardinals. Carlos Martinez who dominated the first half of the season, is 0-2 with a 6+ ERA after the break. The Cardinals also have no one hitting the cover off the ball in the 7 games since the break. In fact, everyone's average is on the decline. Hopefully things can turn around this weekend with 3 games against the Dodgers.

In other news...the Cardinals continue to mull over potential trades with Kolten Wong's name being at the top of the list. With the addition of Brock Holt and the expected move of Carpenter to 2nd Base next year to make room for up and comer Patrick Wisdom at 3B, Wong appears to be a man without a spot on the roster. The Cardinals continue to debate whether they want to make a trade with Wong now, or hang on to him for his defensive ability for the remainder of the year and then make a move in the offseason when the market for Wong may be more open.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #871
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So I get to partake in the HR Derby as Miguel Sano is having an incredible season with 27 HR at the ASB. Round 1 I get paired up with Giancarlo Stanton who proceeds to hit 27 HR. I hit 17 which was respectable but damn...27? Stanton went on to win the derby.

Sano is ridiculous. That's the only word for him. It's crazy how fast he gets better from an already strong ratings profile. And against LHP? Forget it.

I'm surprised "The Phenom" didn't start the All-Star Game for the AL. Did he hit a bit of a slump? Last time I saw his stats, he was doing crazy good. Maybe everyone is jealous of this 19-year-old who might already be a top 5 pitcher in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2016, 11:25 AM   #872
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Sano is ridiculous. That's the only word for him. It's crazy how fast he gets better from an already strong ratings profile. And against LHP? Forget it.

I'm surprised "The Phenom" didn't start the All-Star Game for the AL. Did he hit a bit of a slump? Last time I saw his stats, he was doing crazy good. Maybe everyone is jealous of this 19-year-old who might already be a top 5 pitcher in the game.
I'm actually in the next season. I've be nonstop playing this game. He's now 20 and I think 12-3 on the season. He's at a 89 OVR I think at 20. However, he's pretty much at his ceiling so I don't think he'll get any better ratings wise. I'm not sure how it'll play out. Will it be based purely on his stats? Will he bump up POT?

I doubt I ever get another rookie this good this fast so I'm enjoying his time.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »